DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] JAPAN NOMINATIONS

RIPPA

This might turn into a New Japan Nomination thread - I would prefer it not go that way.

Clearly there have to be guys having awesome years in places that Meltzer doesn't masturbate to.

Time Period: March 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015

Did Ibushi have enough good matches to qualify? I've only seen the 1/4 Nakamura match, but that only probably should qualify him.

I'm sure he did, but god, all I can think of was that match with KUSHIDA where he was concussed for 2/3rds of it.

Actually, that and whatever DDT tag match that was where he tried to smash someone's head like a watermelon for the finish.

(edit: re "smash someone's head like a watermelon", I'm talking about this match.  Skip to a little after 20:00.)

0% is not > 0%

If even a third of the people voting have watched a single New Japan match all year, I'll be surprised. (Not knocking folks who don't, just saying.)

I'm still not sure on this. There is no overwhelming WWE candidate this year outside of Zayn, and I'd strongly consider voting Nakamura over Zayn and I'm a US only guy. Just takes more like me who are open to new things.

Did Ibushi have enough good matches to qualify? I've only seen the 1/4 Nakamura match, but that only probably should qualify him.

I'm sure he did, but god, all I can think of was that match with KUSHIDA where he was concussed for 2/3rds of it.

Actually, that and whatever DDT tag match that was where he tried to smash someone's head like a watermelon for the finish.

(edit: re "smash someone's head like a watermelon", I'm talking about this match.  Skip to a little after 20:00.)

Yikes!

Was that a planned spot? At first I was like "Woah, that referee is pissed. Nice to see some compassion for a fellow human being". But then they all just celebrate around him, while he's still lying there. DDT is never not bizarre.

KUSHIDA had a good year. Didn't quite live up to his full potential but that's mostly due to the booking. He was still easily the best junior in New Japan.

And speaking of juniors Daisuke Harada is someone I'd argue for. He should make it on his punch quality alone.