DVDVR Message Board

2014-2015 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I will say this here to start moving the coaching changes into this thread

Nebraska players are not pleased that Bo Pelini was fired

I can't help but giggle at all of them calling out the AD for just waiting for the Wisconsin job to open up

UAB has no home field and is burning through money with no results.  They went for Division I when they would have been better off going FCS and building a solid fanbase. Birmingham keeps thinking their residents will support big-time sports.  It hasn't happened, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's too bad for the players/coaches, but the writing has been on the wall for a while.

The big thing is finding a new conference for the other sports since having football is required in Conference USA.

It sucks for the players and everyone who has a job connected to the football program, but UAB is a money pit and always has been. I guarantee 95% of the people bitching about this on the Internet have never been to a game or contributed a nickel to the program.

Of course, everybody wants to claim that the mythical "on-campus stadium" would've fixed everything, but nobody has ever been able to tell me exactly where that on-campus stadium could've possibly been built, considering that for UAB "campus" is downtown Birmingham.

UAB could move to the Sun Belt for the rest of their sports. If they had a better basketball program, the Atlantic 10 might be an option.

So who becomes team #14 for C-USA? Charlotte moving up next season was supposed to be team 14.

UAB has some basketball tradition- I think they make the NCAA's about 1/3rd the time, that's good enough to be decent there, and they've busted a bracket or two in my past.

I got a feeling Charlotte's program is gonna flop hard- they'd only be the 7th best team in the state behind the 4 ACC programs, ECU, and App St.  I wish ECU and App St. would drop div.I football, it hurts the better teams in NC.

Oh college football coach rumors are even better than NFL coach rumors

One report says Florida offered the job to Hugh Freeze (which Florida denies)

Another report says that Florida wants to talk to Chip Kelly

Oh college football coach rumors are even better than NFL coach rumors

One report says Florida offered the job to Hugh Freeze (which Florida denies)

Another report says that Florida wants to talk to Chip Kelly

Insane numbers being thrown around for that, too.

Feels good to be on the other side of the coaching carousel this year, and glad we got Coach Strong when we did.

Because of his ties (pun partially intended) to the AD, Al Golden is the first name up in the Nebraska rumor mill.

And since Shalala won't fire him on the way out....PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ TAKE HIM

That would make my effing day if that happened. It would be hilarious if Nebraska hired the guy who got slaughtered by the guy they fired. If I was a Nebraska fan and that happened, I'd be livid.

As far as UM coaching candidates, I've seen everyone from Chudzinski, Schiano and Butch as the most realistic candidates. I don't know who I want but I don't want any of those guys.