DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

I thought that was obvious to begin with. It is clearly something that was thrown together quickly after they got the greenlight for the sequel. It will be a completely different actor with a completely different look in the movie.

Saw the movie this morning and really liked it, but I had one nitpick with the after credit scene...

Umm...isn't Apocalypse a lil more "ethnic" looking in every other iteration of him? Seriously he was born in Africa thousands of years ago, what are the odds of him looking like fucking Doogie Howser? Then again Yul Brenner is the darkest person in the 10 Commandments so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Africans just turned black a couple hundred years ago.

In the comics he looked like this...Apocalypse-Desert-X-Men-Days-of-Future-P

In the movie he looked like this...tumblr_lzim8bDovM1qeasfao1_500.jpg

seriously, I'm still waiting on someone to explain that. Absolutely no reason for anyone to change his appearance.

I'm not really getting the complaint. That was thousands of years ago in Egypt when Apocalypse was only a teen and he had the white/grey skin and blue lips pretty early on. Its sort of weird to expect him to look ethnic when his mutants abilities which caused his appearance are already in play.

Can anyone explain to me what Apocalypse's powers are?

I mean, I watched the cartoon, I've read a lot of the comics, and yet I have absolutely zero clue.

Apparently he has control of the matter of his body down to the molecular level.  That is why he can grow to any size, and never die, he basically can make his body do anything.  He is also one of those, so powerful we can make him have any power guys.  He is a shapeshifter, can fly, can possess people to do his bidding and based on the teaser It sure looks like he is telekinetic. 

In the comics Apocalyse attacks earlier than in the normal timeline due to Legion showing off his powers in public. Maybe that is what brings out Apocalyse in this timeline, Magneto's huge display of powers changes the timeline.

Apparently Simon Kinberg said that Apocalypse will "focus on the First Class cast, but will certainly have some of the original class involved too."

So, hm....

The X-Force spin-off is still in the works. I imagine they'd save Cable for that. I also don't know if they'd want to do another time travel-heavy plot right after DOFP. Especially since they're only going to be first introducing us to the new Scott & Jean in the next movie.

What a weird story that would be. "Oh, hey, I know you guys just met, but I'm your adult son from the future. Err, well, technically you were dead, Jean, and Dad impregnated your evil clone*, but that's getting ahead of ourselves. Put that out of your mind. Forget I said anything. What matters is that Scott really wants to bang you, and, Dad, you should really follow that impulse, even after you watched her die. Just, anybody in the ballpark, fuck 'em."

*At least this was the accepted version of events back when I was reading.

AFAIK, that's still Cable's origin.

X-Force is still going forward, assuming the franchise keeps raking in money. 

As far as future X-Men movies go, Hugh Jackman said recently that him and James Mangold have discussed Old Man Logan as a possibility for the next Wolverine solo film, but it is definitely not etched in stone that's where they are going.

Not as of yet, although he's apparently considering that as well.  But Fox has a Wolverine movie on the schedule for 2017, and Jackman is definitely an executive producer on it.  He's talked about recasting the character, but he just talked about doing Old Man Logan.  Which would be a nice send-off to Wolverine.  And then they could maybe bring in a new actor after that, although that's going to be some big shoes to fill.

Yeah, Jackman can't make up his mind at all. I think his story changed 3 or 4 times during this press tour alone.

Frankly, I worry about the guy. The dehydration diet he goes on to get that look is insane and can't be easy on his body the older he gets.