DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014 PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Rationally, I think it's basically impossible to sweep a team that has Bumgarner. Especially considering that our best power bats are all lefties. 

However, everything I know is a lie, and reality a myth. The Royals will never lose again. Anything is possible. Kevin Garnett told me. 

I kind of think the most interesting thing now would be for them to go 12-0 for the post-season.  I would be fine with them finishing this off against the Giants

I don't know, man.  I've been a Cardinals fan all my life.  All I know to do is root for evil.  The idea of the Royals and their doe-eyed innocence winning it all is still incomprehensible.

Baseball! I have no words so here is this:

rs_600x600-140416094001-600.lorde-royals

And...the rest of the story:

Seems that ole George is partially the inspiration for Lorde's ear-destroying song "Royals".  It's obviously mostly about monarchs and all that but it was also inspired by a photo of George signing autographs in National Geographic.  

Every October the Great Pumpkin gets in trouble in the post season due to walks and poor defense.  And every October The Great Pumpkin will manage to rise again and get home to St. Louis where he can steal a few wins with poorly understood technicalities and home runs from 140 pound infielders.

linus_and_pumpkin_patch.jpg

If you're pumpkin patch is sincere and if you show your faith in The Great Pumpkin...nothing can go wrong.

• Like 1

No worries.  If the Cardinals come back here, they have a really good shot at tearing into the rest of the Giant's rotation...

Good Grief, I said "If!"  I meant "WHEN the Cardinals come back...WHEN!!!!"

gp_linus_scared.jpg

I'm doomed.  One little slip up like that can cause the Great Pumpkin to tear his oblique muscle and never make any adjustments to his bullpen despite repeated evidence of failure and spend the night swinging at curveballs that bounce a half a foot in front of the Great Pumpkin and waste the Great Pumpkin's ace starter's best start of the month and rise out of the Pumpkin Patch in Kansas City which isn't even really a sincere Pumpkin Patch anyway.

• Like 1