DVDVR Message Board

Spring Training Opens 2/18/15

Dolfan in NYC

Looks like the A's have signed or are very close to signing Billy Butler to a 3 yr/30 M deal. I like this deal for Oakland, as it replaces the power they lost from trading Yoenis Cespedes.

Over the last 3 years:

Home runs - 29, 15, 9

SLG - 510, 412, 379

I'm legitimately sad to see him go - because I'm unaccustomed to the Royals having good players, and better options - but I'm not sure his power isn't already in serious decline.  

While I am not a big fan of the Butler signing, I guess there are positives to it...maybe.

Unlike this...

Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star reports that the Royals “have engaged in discussions” with free agents Michael Morse and Torii Hunter, and have also “pondered trading for” guys like Evan Gattis of the Braves and Ryan Howard of the Phillies.

Royal fans need a hug.

This is coming from one of the Local San Fran guys so I will have to rely on Tim or Bobby to judge their credibility.

But supposedly its 90% chance of Panda going to Boston. 10% the Jays.

So definitely not returning to the Giants.

Interesting wrinkle in the Jon Lester negotiations...Supposedly, whether or not you believe SOURCES, Red Sox may have kinda low balled Lester if you can call 6 years, $110 to $120 million a low ball offer. I figured he'd command around 6 years, $150 million.

Buster Olney is also saying that sources from around MLB who are in contact with MLB execs believe that Lester will sign with the Cubs.

Of course, when things like this happen, the outcome is always the same: The player signs with the Yankees.

Buster Olney is also saying that sources from around MLB who are in contact with MLB execs believe that Lester will sign with the Cubs.

Of course, when things like this happen, the outcome is always the same: The player signs with the Yankees.

Yankees? No. A team coming out of left field at the last minute that nobody expects? You betcha,

Calling Lester to the Cards.

Just think about how shaky a guy has to be with his agent saying "I think it's the cubs, babe!"

"Umm...."

"They're gonna be, you know, a thing this time."

"ummmmmm...."

'The money's there."

"..."

"I mean, you could take a little less and go to...

"YES, THAT!'

"I didn't name a team ye"

"YEP THAT'S FOR ME!!!!"

Dodgers trade for Joel Peralta

Full deal:

The Dodgers announced that they have acquired right-hander Joel Peralta and lefty Adam Liberatore from the Rays in exchange for right-handers Jose Dominguez and Greg Harris.

EDIT - the fact that this is now ANOTHER pitching Greg Harris is totally fucking with my head.

Of course that is because I am old and remember the first two