DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

If he's smart, he stops even carrying the briefcase around while Brock has the belt, for fear of Brock thinking he might have thought about cashing in.

Imagine how pissed off people would be if HHH/Steph allow him to use it on any title, and he goes over Dolph tonight for the IC

Yeah man, that went right over my head actually

I thought that the visual of a tubby Chris Hero punching Brock Lesnar into oblivion would have immediately rendered my suggestion absurd. I should have posted that picture of pudgy Chris Hero that everyone posts around here to punch home the visual. 

Re: Rollins, I am praying that after months of Lesnar killing guys, whoever gets him at WM and finally beats him is immediately cashed in on by Rollins. Rollins can just show up and cover Bryan/Rock/Cena/Reigns without doing a move because the latter is out after barely beating Lesnar, win the gold, and then go on to hold it until next WM as a chickenshit heel given massive amounts of cover and support by the Authority. 

The question of credibility concerning Hero we've been talking about, kind of opens up possibility for another discussion: if, they just decided to say fuck it, and run Rollins/Brock on one of these random B-PPVs, what would it take to make him believable? Is there ANYTHING that could be done?

For that matter, would Ambrose be more believable as a challenger if Rollins dropped the briefcase to him somehow?

Because, I've gotta be honest here: my fear is that WWE has no fucking idea what to do moving forward, and just starts throwing like Sheamus or Big Show at him to keep him on PPV until the Rumble and EC happen, and plans for 31 become more concrete

If they were going to run Rollins/Brock, the only way it would work is to book it as a clusterfuck. Steal from that Dude Love/SCSA match in part and have The Authority, after realizing that they can't control Brock and need to get the title off of him, come down to ringside and change the rules to try and help out Rollins during the match. Once they make the match hardcore, the Authority has to run guys down to the ring to try and take Brock out. Essentially, make it a six-on-one, seven-on-one, eight-on-one match. If you want to put the belt on Rollins, that's the only way you could do it - by using a mob of guys to help Rollins take out Brock. OR you have Brock murder everyone and somehow win anyway, but that might turn him face. 

As I watched Summerslam last night (ON THE NETWORK MACHAL, FOR JUST 9.99!) and sat in the same awe everyone else did of Brock, I thought "that man is everything the announcers say he is." An ass-kicking from Brock Lesnar is a nightmare....like being attacked by a great white in the deep ocean. There is nothing you could ever do about it.

I slept with the light on...

Please don't tell Brock where I live...

Please...

He already knows...he knows more than the NSA...he knows what color your bed sheets are.

• Like 1

As I watched Summerslam last night (ON THE NETWORK MACHAL, FOR JUST 9.99!) and sat in the same awe everyone else did of Brock, I thought "that man is everything the announcers say he is." An ass-kicking from Brock Lesnar is a nightmare....like being attacked by a great white in the deep ocean. There is nothing you could ever do about it.

I slept with the light on...

Please don't tell Brock where I live...

Please...

He already knows...he knows more than the NSA...he knows what color your bed sheets are.

They're probably going to be colored piss-the-bed yellow after he reads your post. 

• Like 2

Good PPV that set up many future angles. My prediction matches Cristobal's: with Lesnar dominating the championship(s) & with minimal appearances contracted, it will give the belts back their aura of exclusivity and allow for the open-ended booking of WrestleMania, namely the return of a healthy DBryan, and if not then a ring-tuned RReigns, and if not a revengeful Cena.

I really really want Cena to show up in a halo soon a la Pitbull #1, and for Lesnar to throttle him about whilst Heyman gloats and cackles.

I was convinced that the German announce team was a gimmick, and that they would (pick one)

A) reveal that they had bought controlling shares in the WWE and were the new Teutonic Uberkommissars.

2- ally themselves with Lana & Rusev as well as a debuting KENTA as the Neu Axis.

III, after the main event, they stand up and their announce table would transform into a BMW mechabot, who would be the next Heyman guy/drone.

or four, Heyman would introduce them as Das Enkel von Frankenstein, who would take credit for creating Brock Lesnar who would then clobber through the EMTs to drag off Cena's body for them to harvest for their next creation,

let down,

RAF

If Bryan did face Lesnar, I'd like to see something where Bryan can somehow always cling onto Brock's arm/shoulder during the F5, so that he can never be hurled. Over and over throughout the match, Lesnar keeps attempting the F5, and Bryan just can't be shaken loose, to the point where Brock begins freaking out, screaming "GET OFF OF ME! LET GO!"

Well, he could always smush Bryan into the ringpost like a bug, which would be a cool visual.

Why do I feel like there are Punk conspiracy theorists out there who are raving that all removal of him from every WWE related is a smokescreen and that tonight while Heyman's preening about BAROOOOOCK LESSSSSSSSSSSSSNAR, "Cult Of Personality" is gonna hit and lead to a Promo-For-The-Ages.

Clearly that won't happen.

But damn you for making me want it to.  Can you imagine the pop that would get?

The roof would come off the place. Punk would clearly become even more of a Messiah for being the one to come after the one after Bryan has succumb to injury and Cena is off finding the Eye Of the Tiger.

Physically speaking, I think anyone can be a threat to Brock Lesnar because it's wrestling. Yeah, there's a sense of believably, but we've all been taught that any wrestler if they can find the right opening or apply the right leverage they can defeat anyone. Sure we're not going to believe Heath Slater has a shot, but that's not because of Heath's size - it's because he's not proven winner. Rey Mysterio vs. Brock in a UFC ring? LESNAR. Rey rey vs. Brock in a WWE ring? Anything goes.

People didn't believe  Punk would look believable against Brock, but Brock is talented enough to make anyone look like a threat if he wants them to. 

• Like 2

Why do I feel like there are Punk conspiracy theorists out there who are raving that all removal of him from every WWE related is a smokescreen and that tonight while Heyman's preening about BAROOOOOCK LESSSSSSSSSSSSSNAR, "Cult Of Personality" is gonna hit and lead to a Promo-For-The-Ages.

But damn you for making me want it to.  Can you imagine the pop that would get?

The roof would come off the place. Punk would clearly become even more of a Messiah for being the one to come after the one after Bryan has succumb to injury and Cena is off finding the Eye Of the Tiger.

A puddle of blood and vomit and Pepsi

• Like 2

But damn you for making me want it to. Can you imagine the pop that would get?

Instead of finding the Eye of the Tiger, how about Cena stumbles upon the Eye of Tyr?