DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Total Divas Thread

rzombie1988

Trying?  They never really did follow-up on that, I just assumed they did and didn't mention it.  Considering how much Big E was a smooth motherfucker throughout the whole episode there was only one that could have ended.

Absolutely loved this episode.  Hammervia and Cristobal had me laughing hard with their observations.  I love how they tried so hard to make Daniel an asshole with shutting off the water out of protest.  Then later on he just tosses all these expensive clothes of Brie's and she just went with it.  Yet despite these efforts it's still amusing as fuck that he is doing shit like this on a reality show, will never get over that.

Wife and I got bored and started watching Total Divas.  Wife watches reality tv but doesn't watch wrestling.  I watch no reality tv whatsoever.  We're both captivated by this show.  Oh god, the hilarity!  I can only assume that nothing on this show resembles anyone's real life - or else no one on the show actually watches the show and realizes what complete nuts they come off as.

We just finished the episode where Natty tries to explain to the Bellas that lying to her husband and making major decisions without asking him is completely normal.... and the Bellas completely no-sell her explanation.  That cracked me up.  Nikki Bella, voice of reason doesn't seem like it should be a thing.  Also digging Nikki overcompensating for Bree's lack of concern about Bryan's injury by saying "But how can you remain calm when Bryan's career might be over" every other sentence.  Alicia Fox stalking Wade Barrett and throwing drinks in people's faces for... no reason what so ever has also been aces.

There should be a drinking game based around Eva Marie referring to bruises from training as "battle scars". 

Best: Renee Young, Emma, Jim Johnston

Worst: Paige, Nikki and Nattie also drunk bald guy.

No way, drunk bald guy was the best.  First, they give him shit for walking in on their shitty moment and he says "You suck" and then they say "You ruined our moment" and he says "Your moment sucks" (He was right!)  Also, you know the horrible old stereotype that all Asian people know martial arts?!  Well, this one guy undid that entire stereotype with the world's worst roundhouse kick which YOU KNOW he thought was going to be a lot more awesome than it was.  Also, it's hard to believe he wasn't in on it all seeing as his face wasn't censored, so he signed on for appearing.

In other impossible to suspend your disbelief moments was Paige's motorcycle crash.  While I have no problem believing that she really did crash her motorcycle, I'm pretty darned sure that wasn't her in the footage because there was no part of her exposed (Previously she was driving around with the visor up) and just the way it was shot from a distance, even though they earlier established that all the bikes had cameras on the handlebars, made me believe that was 100% a stunt driver crashing on the show.

BTW, 'Total Divas' was featured on The Soup last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZYlW0E1Lbc

(The clip they showed on TV, which doesn't seem to be on here, was better where Joel McHale made fun of the awful "I can feel you're close but you're not in yet" line)

• Like 1

God, the current episode was all sorts of amazing.  Amazing in all the wrong ways, granted, but still quite watchable.  No love for Bryan's composting toilet?  That whole deal was absurd.

A few observations:

-- I have no wish to see her wrestle, but Eva Marie may be the most sympathetic character on this show.  I understand why the other women dislike her, and it's probably somewhat warranted, but she comes off as quite reasonable herself.  She seems to be making an honest effort to improve and she's coming off as less mercurial and tempermental as both Bellas, Natty, Rosa Mendes, etc.

-- Speaking of Rosa Mendes, she's certainly full of bad advice.  She basically urged Alicia Fox to stalk Wade Barrett on the UK trip and ambush him with declarations of love, then she suggested Paige stage a test for her boyfriend.  Paige and Fox both seem capable of coming up with bad ideas on their own.

-- Aside from Nattie, Bryan stirkes me as the biggest douche on this show.  That's quite a feat.  His stuff with Brie seem passive-aggressive and controlling.  Turning off the water in the house so Brie would give in and throw out her clothes was.... weird.  Going through Brie's closet and deciding what she could keep (what he thought was conservative enough) was weirder.  I can't see these two being married long-term.  They seem completely different, and not in complementary ways.

-- There seems like there may something legitimately wrong with Natalya.  She reminds me of the weird cat lady in our office who sends birthday cakes and flowers to herself on special occasions.  She seems to think lying to people who trust you is acceptable unless you're covering up a murder or something.  Her worrying about looking too old to be a diva is hilarious since I feel like she's aged 17 years in the past 8.  The road is doing a number on her.

-- Finally, I feel like a bad person when Trinity is on-screen.  She seems like a genuinely nice person, isn't a drama queen, seems pretty easily to deal with, works way too hard to be a good stepmom..... and is completely boring to watch on this show.  Seriously, if I wanted to watch a pleasant, well-balanced woman, I'd talk to my wife instead of turning on Total Divas.  The show is really dull when the focus is on her. (unless Alicia Fox is around to throw a drink in her face). 

• Like 1

-- Aside from Nattie, Bryan stirkes me as the biggest douche on this show.  That's quite a feat.  His stuff with Brie seem passive-aggressive and controlling.  Turning off the water in the house so Brie would give in and throw out her clothes was.... weird.  Going through Brie's closet and deciding what she could keep (what he thought was conservative enough) was weirder.  I can't see these two being married long-term.  They seem completely different, and not in complementary ways.

That part seemed like clearly reality show-orchestrated BS, so I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Yea I'm sure Johnny Ace will be a feature on Total Divas in the near future. Wasn't it Ace who hired the Bellas originally?. Haven't watched this week's TD yet, but has anyone checked out WAGS on E!?, it has Barbie (Kelly Kelly) in it. Watched some of the first episode and it's OK I guess. 

He did and he wrote this awesome retirement letter that was posted in the NHL folder a while back.

That's a great read.  But if my big break in hockey was being willing to fight 15 guys and I somehow made it to the pros without knowing how checking accounts worked or what taxes are, I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone.

Kelly Kelly may have found the one guy on Earth who says he wants her for her mind.  And means it.