DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Total Divas Thread

rzombie1988

So we're an episode (or two) behind over here and just seen the one with Nattie lying to Tyson about her sis staying and other stuff. One thing which stood out to me was that Jim The Anvil looks in bad shape with his red face, unless he's sunburnt or something, but he looks bad health wise. Nattie comes across as a prolific liar without much I guess you could say remorse for her lies. They might be 'white' lies but she lied about a number of things and Tyson will get to a point when he's fed up and it's probably hard right now for him to differentiate the truth from the lie(s). Foxy throwing the drink in Naomi's face was kinda funny but not cool, although she got a big reaction out of it. I think Nikki comes across well when you think about it, she might seem kinda brash with her clothes and stuff but behind the bravado she's a worrier and seems to genuinely care about Bryan & Brie. Brie on the otherhand does at times come across as kinda 'cold' especially to when they were ganging up on Eva. Bryan's laid back and when he's making fun of Nikki and stuff there's no real malice behind it and it's in jest. Another thing, Total Divas has a weird dynamic about it. I like the show and it's entertaining, but I don't know if it fits with the PG Era and the behind the curtain stuff is counter productive when WWE still lives in a semi-Kayfabe land where they have their Superstars/Divas in character almost 24-7. Say we turned the clock back a few years and Michelle McCool was on the show, I wonder if we'd see Taker as 'Mark' or whether they'd have glossed over their relationship. Or now if Renee joined the cast, would Dean Ambrose have to do his wacky shenanigans to keep in character, or would they show a different side of him. Total Divas I think could be more kayfabe and used as a way to either build or launch storylines. Such as Eva could come across as either a 'face who the fans get behind because she's 'bullied' on TD or a heel because she's seemingly more focused on a career outside of the biz and is using WWE as a temporary stepping stone. Because if you're a non-WWE fan who watches the show and then go on to watch Raw & SD! it would get confusing because of how they switch from heel to face and vice-versa at the drop of a hat. But I guess that's reading too much into it and it's best to watch TD as is, rather than analyzing it in too much detail. 

So we're an episode (or two) behind over here and just seen the one with Nattie lying to Tyson about her sis staying and other stuff. One thing which stood out to me was that Jim The Anvil looks in bad shape with his red face, unless he's sunburnt or something, but he looks bad health wise. Nattie comes across as a prolific liar without much I guess you could say remorse for her lies. They might be 'white' lies but she lied about a number of things and Tyson will get to a point when he's fed up and it's probably hard right now for him to differentiate the truth from the lie(s). Foxy throwing the drink in Naomi's face was kinda funny but not cool, although she got a big reaction out of it. I think Nikki comes across well when you think about it, she might seem kinda brash with her clothes and stuff but behind the bravado she's a worrier and seems to genuinely care about Bryan & Brie. Brie on the otherhand does at times come across as kinda 'cold' especially to when they were ganging up on Eva. Bryan's laid back and when he's making fun of Nikki and stuff there's no real malice behind it and it's in jest. Another thing, Total Divas has a weird dynamic about it. I like the show and it's entertaining, but I don't know if it fits with the PG Era and the behind the curtain stuff is counter productive when WWE still lives in a semi-Kayfabe land where they have their Superstars/Divas in character almost 24-7. Say we turned the clock back a few years and Michelle McCool was on the show, I wonder if we'd see Taker as 'Mark' or whether they'd have glossed over their relationship. Or now if Renee joined the cast, would Dean Ambrose have to do his wacky shenanigans to keep in character, or would they show a different side of him. Total Divas I think could be more kayfabe and used as a way to either build or launch storylines. Such as Eva could come across as either a 'face who the fans get behind because she's 'bullied' on TD or a heel because she's seemingly more focused on a career outside of the biz and is using WWE as a temporary stepping stone. Because if you're a non-WWE fan who watches the show and then go on to watch Raw & SD! it would get confusing because of how they switch from heel to face and vice-versa at the drop of a hat. But I guess that's reading too much into it and it's best to watch TD as is, rather than analyzing it in too much detail. 

She's a Hart, of course she's prolific liar

I think that we're supposed to understand that these people are all "actors" and that their characters are what we see on the air not who they are in reality. A lot of actors have been the subject of reality shows or just on them. WWE does need a shift in its thinking though. 

If a fan who watches TD were to watch RAW or SmackDown, I would think that they would understand that they're watching a TV show that the TD stars act on. 

Do celebrity crossovers (except maybe Tyson) ever lead to long term viewership growth?

They wouldn't normally but looking on social media for the tease for Amell to show up on RAW and now wrestle at SummerSlam and the number of people who don't watch the product now are watching it. If even 1/4th of those folks enjoy the WWE product that's gotta be a plus

The interaction between Nattie and Summer is odd now as they was never any explanation on the show how they resolved their "issues" from the other season. Summer is now part of those backstage/work-shoot conversations the regular cast has with co-workers and other employees. 

I think that we're supposed to understand that these people are all "actors" and that their characters are what we see on the air not who they are in reality. A lot of actors have been the subject of reality shows or just on them. WWE does need a shift in its thinking though.

If a fan who watches TD were to watch RAW or SmackDown, I would think that they would understand that they're watching a TV show that the TD stars act on.

But of course, who they are on Total Divas is acting too.... THE LAYERS, MAN! THE LAYERS!

Natalya is the fucking worst.  Not literally the worst, that's Eva.  But she's right up there.  She worries about being too old for this shit and acts like an out of touch teen.  All that shit and she's only 32!  I have gray hair yet somehow she looks older than me (same age)  I blame her square jaw, but I swear she was actually better looking in years past (quick Google search proves I'm correct).  The road is owning her.  But it led to Tamina being awesome.  Between her recent work and this episode I'm starting to come around on Tamina more.  If she superkicked the drunk I'd have given that a standing ovation.

Nikki should learn how to use her bullshitting about the singing in her heel act.  No matter how bad you are always claim you're the best.  It works for heels in the past so fuck it just go with it.

I'm beyond excited for Big E next week.  That preview is an immediate upgrade in episode quality compared to tonight.  Between the shit singing and Natalya acting young an hour felt like two hours.