DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I'll try to hit up next week. Tonight is either me sleeping at home to make up for the last week of sleeping on someone's couch... or me sleeping on someone's couch again before the next two nights of ridiculousness. Can't make up my mind yet.

Who here has blogs where they review wrestling shows they go to? I need to fill in the fact that those old DVDVR farts don't do them anymore (I'm staring at you Pete ;) ).

Also, this was probably something that was discussed here last year but I just found it on The Chive and this is what pro wrestling needs, more guys punching kids haha.

www.redux.com/view/post/3307074/Pro-Wrestler-Accidentally-Punches-Kid-Fan-In-The-Face

First show I worked had a guy hit a little girl with a thrown chair during his entrance. He was supposed to be a in a Loser Leaves Town match. He was supposed to dominate and then roll the opponent on top of him, cut a promo and leave. Instead, his opponent shot on him and cradled him in 10 seconds. Little girl ended up being fine and was brought into the ring by the babyface in the next match.

Haha, I was in a match where my tag partner saw a kid he "thought was his neighbor's kid" in the crowd and when the kid was yelling at him, he backhanded him. Turns out, wasn't his neighbor but the security guards son so I'm trying to work a match and this security guy is in my tag partners face and about to kill him. The promoter had to break them up and thankfully I got a new partner after that show.

I'm probably not as in-depth as some people, but I do comment on STL-area shows that I attend as well as other wrestling-type stuff I watch...I may regret this decision, but I'm at either one of these(they're the same content, but I started cross-posting to Blogspot when LJ was down for a while):

http://powerpb13.livejournal.com

http://powerpb13.blogspot.com

• Like 1

The Masked Man column was pretty gimmicky, but I think this may be one of the greatest things he'll ever write: 

17. Curtis Axel. The negative view: He’s just a guy. The positive: He’s a third-generation talent, a blue-collar performer who always brings it. He’s currently about a .05 on the VOKK (Value Over Kofi Kingston) rankings, and he has the genetics that you’d think would put him way beyond that. The problem is that he may not have the instincts, and instincts can’t be taught.

"Value over Kofi Kingston" is phenomenal, and the standard that should be referred to when discussing how NXT guys will do when called up.

I think Mojo Rawley has surprisingly low VOKK.

• Like 1

I wish I had the money to keep up on promotions like SHIMMER and SHINE. I just found out about Regeneration X (Allison Danger and Leva Bates), and they have one of the coolest gigs going on with the cosplaying.

I'd love to follow women's wrestling more, but all the creepy dudes make me hesitant to hitch my wagon so close to theirs...

http://www.wwe.com/inside/how-sabu-changed-wrestling-and-everyone-forgot-26275478

WWE.com article on the somewhat dubious position that Sabu has been forgotten.  Despite me not fully buying the premise, it's an interesting read.

Is Joey Styles still in charge of the website?

• Like 1

I would like to request that an asterisk be put by Dean Ambrose's title reign and by it put chicken and cheater.

It's not his fault that the championship committee is apparently too incompetent to invoke the 30-day defense clause and the people who should be policing that committee fail to watchdog them and make sure that they are doing their jobs.

This is what happen when Stephanie and HHH get so focused on attacking Daniel Bryan that they fail to heed the other duties of their positions. For shame, The Authority. For shame. 

I sort of want Bo Dallas' gimmick when he debuts to be him thinking he's the new fourth man in evolution but HHH, Batista and Orton have absolutely no idea who he is, even once he wins the US title.

There's alot of things they can do with The US Title.

They could have Triple H on Raw on Monday after Shield humiliates him and the rest of evolution in a prior segment so wanting blow off steam he books Brad Maddox vs Dean Ambrose for the US Title later that night. Maddox comes out first all nervous and unsure, Scott Armstrong is ref, then Shield come out. Before they get to the ring Boom Evolution out of nowhere Evolution jumps the Shield. Trips and Batista brawl to the back with Rollins and Reigns. after a short comeback Orton with help from Maddox gets the best of Ambrose. They trade chair shots off Dean.Or ton RKO's Ambrose through the annouce table, rolls him in the ring, Armstrong rings the bell Maddox covers him. Becoming the new United States Champion.

The next night on Main Event have the rematch. Give it some time Have Maddox cheat at every turn but still be the underdog fighting to stay alive and Dean just cant put him down. Then have all the crazy run-ins with Evolution and Shield then after all that have Maddox get the school boy for the win. In the upcoming weeks Maddox gets punished for insubordination with title defenses that he wins by the skin of his teeth. Until Payback where Casero captures it from him then Him Swagger and RVD can feud and trade over the summer.

Because last time they brought him up he had no personality and no gimmick for the fans to identify him with? It was just "hey there's that dude who was in the rumble and now is kinda feuding with Barrett". 

Last time he was a whitebread babyface.  Now he's a heel who thinks he's a whitebread babyface.