DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 16

Dolfan in NYC

I really think the Nets have a good chance to win the East. Think they are the one team who has what it takes to beat the Heat. Of course they have to get past Toronto first. And yes, I am praying they make the finals because if they do I'll be there.

ALL THE FUCKING  BANSES.

SAN ANTONIO WON! NO BANSES!!!

Schneider's Warriors won... no wrath there. 

If Rippa is a Bullets fan, we are safe there. 

Fear not, basketball fans, you have three of four admins in a good mood. Now if the Warriors lose, I fear for the people that Schneider will take his anger out on. 

This just happened with Hardin but it is something about NBA officiating that has always bothered me. Players should not be rewarded with a foul call for jumping into other player's upheld arms. 

• Like 1

My biggest LOL of the weekend was Shaq being adamant that Dwight Howard should be a 28 and 15 guy.  Even funnier was that when Chuck tried to tell him that was bullshit, because Dwight doesn't have the skill set or passion, Shaq basically just tried to shout him down.  Shaq has definitely improved since his first year on the panel, but it's moments like that, where he tries to get into a dick measuring contest with Charles, that I wish he wasn't there.

• Like 1

WTF with the Rockets not shooting any free throws in the first half?  If Beverley is hurt, the Rox are dead.

Yeah, Pat Beverly is the key to their perimeter defense.  He basically shut Lillard down in the second half, until he got his 5th foul and they put Lin on him.  He is the only guard on the team that has even the slightest interest in playing defense.  He is also the starting shooting guard on the "You Don't Want Those Kind of Problems All-Stars."

2009-10 Dwight was good enough physically to put up those kind of numbers if he actually had more of a post game. Not now, and certainly not as the second option behind Harden.

Portland was a really bad draw for the Rockets based on matchups.

Isn't Rippa more of a self-loathing Knicks semi-fan than anything else?

In reality - I am not a basketball fan anymore

It was mostly a combo of Dolan/Isiah overload and my just growing out of the style that the NBA has become (basically once my favorites retired I didn't like the youngsters so yeah GET OFF MY LAWN!!!)

That like 2 week stretch a couple of years ago when everyone was crippled and it was basically the Jeremy Lin show was the last lifeline of my fandom. Then Melo and JR Smith returned and I was like "I hate every fucker on this team"

I tried rooting for the Wizards but like everything else around here - the fanbase made it impossible (same thing happened when trying to accept the Nats). I do miss the comically bad Wizards from a few years ago that I wrote a recap on the old board)

• Like 1