DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 16

Dolfan in NYC

I've always had a hard time ranking the young PFs.  LMA is a little older, so it's easy to forget about him in the Griffin/Love/Davis scheme of things, but HOLY SHIT it won't be that easy going forward.

His is a unique career path, because he never really made THE LEAP!!  It was more of a steady improvement each year.  At this point in his career it shouldn't shock anyone that he is capable of taking over a playoffs series, but still..... HOLY SHIT!

Heeeeey, remember when Andrea Bagnani was considered a better prospect than Aldridge?

Is it possible to have that discussion without reminding our resident Bulls fans of the trade that was effectively LMA for Tyrus Thomas?

Back when that trade was made, I was much more into basketball, I'd put tons of time into mock drafts. That year I had Aldridge as the top prospect in the draft, followed by Brandon Roy. Was kinda heartbroken when we traded him for a guy I had as "energy bench player" as long term upside for. To show I wasn't that good at the scouting blah blah, I also thought Ronnie Brewer would be the 3rd best player in the draft.

Where did you have Noah if he had come out that year?

I knew Harden was bad on defense but I had no idea it was to that extent. It was amazing, everytime his man beat him off the dribble or backdoor he would do this "Ole!" Matador bullshit trying to swipe it away. I'm not sure if he's incredibly lazy, has zero idea what to do, or both. He's probably not the worst ever "superstar" defensively but I can't think of anyone who's looked worse off hand right now.

The crazy thing about this is he used to be a pretty good defender, he was responsible for guarding LeBron in the Finals a couple of years ago.  He is embarrassingly bad defensively now, he doesn't even pretend to try.

Heeeeey, remember when Andrea Bagnani was considered a better prospect than Aldridge?

Is it possible to have that discussion without reminding our resident Bulls fans of the trade that was effectively LMA for Tyrus Thomas?

Back when that trade was made, I was much more into basketball, I'd put tons of time into mock drafts. That year I had Aldridge as the top prospect in the draft, followed by Brandon Roy. Was kinda heartbroken when we traded him for a guy I had as "energy bench player" as long term upside for. To show I wasn't that good at the scouting blah blah, I also thought Ronnie Brewer would be the 3rd best player in the draft.

Where did you have Noah if he had come out that year?

That's tricky. I was very low on Noah, and didn't like drafting him, which I was 100% wrong on. But his draft was so much stronger then Aldridge. I probably would have had Noah at 3 behind Aldridge and Roy.

Speaking only for myself, I couuld't see college Noah as anything more than an energy player who would give you some good defense and rebounding off the bench. He'd have a job in the NBA for 10-12 years, but at best as a role player.

His offense got much better since Gainesville, where he couldn't score more than a foot from the basket.

Rondo has to be #3, although you could put Millsap in the conversation as well.

God, if you redo that draft today Steve Novak probably goes lottery.  That is one shitty draft.

So your an NBA coach at half time your teams 1-10 on 3pts shots and trailing...at what point do you tell your players next asshole who shoots a 3 gets benched?

How much input does he have on the way they play offense?  It doesn't look like they run any actual plays.  They have two of the top 5 offensive weapons in the entire league, and somehow they have games where they struggle to score points.  Scott Brooks is not very good at his job, he just has some very good players.

Vogel might want to start looking for a realtor, this is getting ugly. 

So your an NBA coach at half time your teams 1-10 on 3pts shots and trailing...at what point do you tell your players next asshole who shoots a 3 gets benched?

How much input does he have on the way they play offense? It doesn't look like they run any actual plays. They have two of the top 5 offensive weapons in the entire league, and somehow they have games where they struggle to score points. Scott Brooks is not very good at his job, he just has some very good players.

Vogel might want to start looking for a realtor, this is getting ugly.

I'm just saying 1-10! I mean I'd get it if they 4-10 but 1-10! For gawds sake I'm pretty sure that one college coaches wife could at least make 2 3s