DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 16

Dolfan in NYC

So your an NBA coach at half time your teams 1-10 on 3pts shots and trailing...at what point do you tell your players next asshole who shoots a 3 gets benched?

How much input does he have on the way they play offense? It doesn't look like they run any actual plays. They have two of the top 5 offensive weapons in the entire league, and somehow they have games where they struggle to score points. Scott Brooks is not very good at his job, he just has some very good players.

Vogel might want to start looking for a realtor, this is getting ugly.

I'm just saying 1-10! I mean I'd get it if they 4-10 but 1-10! For gawds sake I'm pretty sure that one college coaches wife could at least make 2 3s

I get what you're saying, but playing 2 on 5 on offense makes shit like this happen.  When Westbrook and Durant are both on the court, they don't run plays.  Durant and Westbrook try to create a shot, and the rest of the team just stands there hoping no one asks them to do anything.  How many teams could defend a Westbrook Durant pick and roll?

So your an NBA coach at half time your teams 1-10 on 3pts shots and trailing...at what point do you tell your players next asshole who shoots a 3 gets benched?

How much input does he have on the way they play offense? It doesn't look like they run any actual plays. They have two of the top 5 offensive weapons in the entire league, and somehow they have games where they struggle to score points. Scott Brooks is not very good at his job, he just has some very good players.

Vogel might want to start looking for a realtor, this is getting ugly.

I'm just saying 1-10! I mean I'd get it if they 4-10 but 1-10! For gawds sake I'm pretty sure that one college coaches wife could at least make 2 3s

I get what you're saying, but playing 2 on 5 on offense makes shit like this happen. When Westbrook and Durant are both on the court, they don't run plays. Durant and Westbrook try to create a shot, and the rest of the team just stands there hoping no one asks them to do anything. How many teams could defend a Westbrook Durant pick and roll?

Then why aren't the other three crashing the boards to get the rebounds

They had the second best record in the league after he returned. Behind San Antonio so pretty high. Fighting for the top seed.

I don't understand why I enjoy Hibbert struggling so much. Doesn't seem like a bad guy. Not his fault they added Bynum and Turner so that can't be the reason.

I'd guess they would have had a dog fight with the Clips for that 3 spot.

But the West is just insane this year.  Like, the balance of power has been tilted to the West since the end of the 90's, but this year it's just absurd.  There were like 10 legitimately good teams in the west this year.  You got Dallas getting the split with San Antonio in the 1-8 (and if they hadn't collapsed down the stretch, it could have been 2-0 Dallas!), you've got Memphis getting the split in OKC in the 2-7, and closing in on a 2-1 lead.   You had the Warriors steal game one in the 3-6.

And, of course, LMA has outduelled the Rockets almost single-handily to stake a 2-0 lead on the road.

There is not a single team in the West that isn't capable of losing to any of the other teams.  It's nucking futs.

Of course, that advertised "Indiana and Miami cruise to the ECF" plan isn't exactly going as expected so far.

Maybe it's just me but this "Durant or Westbrook throw up some bullshit shot and hope for the best; sometimes getting a foul call here and there" offense isn't the most efficient play to continuously run in an overtime period.

Westbrook just tried to fall down again for a 4 point play.

Edit:

He did it again, and this time the foul was legit.  Dead at Tony Allen making the same "fouling the 3 point shooter" mistake twice in the game.

Edited by _MJ_

It's too bad they don't have an offensively gifted (ignore any Houston related issues right now, dammit) guard to take the load off of those two...

Especially when they picked Kendrick Perkins over him. . . 

I don't like the idea of this "Westbrook and Durant decide who is going to chuck up a contested three every time down the court" game plan.  What has happened to their offense?

Well, here's one thing that's happened..  TONY FUCKING EX-CELTIC ALLEN.

I love the West playoffs. The east is drizzling shit but entertaining for other reasons.

Edit: They didn't let Harden get away. They basically said "there's the door"

• Like 1