DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 16

Dolfan in NYC

Drake is a phony. He'll be celebrating the NBA championship with WHOEVER wins. Just as he's been hanging out with Seahawks players AND Johnny Manziel for some strange reason. He's incredibly unlikeable.

He's officially involved with the Raptors organization so he's gonna have to ride this one out. 

Al Jefferson is all man and a yard wide. He made his foot worse early, couldn't take another needle because he was on one already, and still produced.

Bobcats were game, but the Heat got a huge takeaway when they needed it.

Al Jefferson is a fucking man you guys.  With that said, that was Charlotte's best chance at stealing one.  I feel a sweep coming there.  With a healthy Big Al, I really felt like it would have been a 6 game series.

Dallas showed up fucking huge against the Spurs tonight.  I like our chances at the upset alot more after tonight.

Al Jefferson is a fucking man you guys.  With that said, that was Charlotte's best chance at stealing one.  I feel a sweep coming there.  With a healthy Big Al, I really felt like it would have been a 6 game series.

Dallas showed up fucking huge against the Spurs tonight.  I like our chances at the upset alot more after tonight.

If you want a guy to take you to getting swept in the first round, Big Al is your man. . . .

If you want a guy to take you to getting swept in the first round, Big Al is your man. . . .

He's only been in two previous playoff series before this and was only swept in one of them.  Carmelo Anthony has been swept twice, but he is much better at being the guy who can take you to losing in five games in the first round.

Spurs are a really good road team, but I've been impressed by the way Dallas has played them these first two games.  They actually might have a good shot at this if they can grab both games at home. 

Harden is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less effective when he's not constantly marching to the free throw line.

Also, this video has been circulating around the internet and it's pretty damning:

I hate basketball.  I can't even blame the refs.  Aldridge couldn't miss anything.  Harden can't hit anything.  And Dwight blew his wad in the 1st quarter.  Doomed. 

At least the Lakers ain't in the playoffs.

I knew Harden was bad on defense but I had no idea it was to that extent. It was amazing, everytime his man beat him off the dribble or backdoor he would do this "Ole!" Matador bullshit trying to swipe it away. I'm not sure if he's incredibly lazy, has zero idea what to do, or both. He's probably not the worst ever "superstar" defensively but I can't think of anyone who's looked worse off hand right now.

Heeeeey, remember when Andrea Bagnani was considered a better prospect than Aldridge?

Is it possible to have that discussion without reminding our resident Bulls fans of the trade that was effectively LMA for Tyrus Thomas?

Back when that trade was made, I was much more into basketball, I'd put tons of time into mock drafts. That year I had Aldridge as the top prospect in the draft, followed by Brandon Roy. Was kinda heartbroken when we traded him for a guy I had as "energy bench player" as long term upside for. To show I wasn't that good at the scouting blah blah, I also thought Ronnie Brewer would be the 3rd best player in the draft.

Harden's game is essentially drive to the basket, Eurostep, get fouled, flail around, maybe make the and-1, shoot a lot of free throws, and then get hot from three.  And play no defense. 

So, this series Harden is shooting midrange jumpers, driving to the basket and not getting any foul calls, so he's flailing even more to less effect, not shooting free throws, and not getting hot from three. 

So, in other words, Portland's D on him is fantastic.  And LMA just hit another fadeaway from the plane.