DVDVR Message Board

2014-2015 NCAA BASKETBALL SEASON

RIPPA

Oooh... I totally spaced on UMass being in the A-10

I am definitely going to make sure I go to the game when they visit Mason next season

That article is basically an advertisement for Calipari's book.

Good.

The NCAA is a joke and they fucked over Calipari TWICE while letting Duke and North Carolina (should I mention UCLA?) get away with murder.

Can't confirm Derrick Rose's SAT score? Bring down the banner, this is strict liability here! Wait, UNC puts its athletes in fake classes? Umm...look over there! Not in the direction of Lance Thomas, look the other way! Please!!!

I hope the NCAA dissolves and crumbles like a stale cookie with their selective enforcement bullshit. Chickens coming home to roost.

I love how Cal is basically everyone's scapegoat for the exploitation of college sports, when I think he is the least exploitative figure in college sports.  So many of the NCAA's rules seem to be 100% about exploiting the talent of college athletes. He has been known to play fast and loose with the rules, but most of those rules were made to keep the players broke.

Oh, and fuck Bill O'rielly, what the hell does he expect from these guys?  Why do people expect every young black dude to be a thug who curses out adults?  I don't even get where he is coming from.  Does he realistically believe that every single black person spends their entire life cursing at everyone?  Has he ever met a black person?  I know some life long criminals, and they generally act like everyone else I know, they just have different jobs.

• Like 1

Bill belongs to a group of folks who think there is nothing weird about a bunch of very old white men talking about race relations and being black in modern America with no input at all from anyone but them, so it is a rather infuriating thing to watch how insanely naive and out of touch and in denial he can be.

You guys don't think hustlers are giving NCAA players drugs? Well, surely you'll agree that rap music is ruining the country, no?

I wonder if he would ask those same questions to an NCAA hockey coach? Me thinks not.

Just like it's just an accepted fact of life that the majority of hockey players are okay to jump into the league at 18 years old. No issue for the white farm boys to do it because if they fail, they can go back to daddy's farm. But it's the end of the world if basketball players jump straight into the NBA.

• Like 1

You guys don't think hustlers are giving NCAA players drugs? Well, surely you'll agree that rap music is ruining the country, no?

I wonder if he would ask those same questions to an NCAA hockey coach? Me thinks not.

Just like it's just an accepted fact of life that the majority of hockey players are okay to jump into the league at 18 years old. No issue for the white farm boys to do it because if they fail, they can go back to daddy's farm. But it's the end of the world if basketball players jump straight into the NBA.

Hockey and baseball also have minor leagues, where most players develop for years before their ready for the majors. There have been exceptions, but are more rare. . In football the players are physically not ready most of the time, and the CBL keep out those flukes that maybe.  In basketball you still really only have the NBA. The D league is developing, but its not comparable to MLB or NHL.  

Hockey and baseball also have minor leagues, where most players develop for years before their ready for the majors. There have been exceptions, but are more rare. . In football the players are physically not ready most of the time, and the CBL keep out those flukes that maybe.  In basketball you still really only have the NBA. The D league is developing, but its not comparable to MLB or NHL.  

You make a solid point, but I think from the perspective of people like O'Reilly, racism is a heavy factor.

I'm sure you and I could have a decent conversation about the situation, but Billy's mind is tainted.

• Like 1

You make a solid point, but I think from the perspective of people like O'Reilly, racism is a heavy factor.

I'm sure you and I could have a decent conversation about the situation, but Billy's mind is tainted.

Yeah, I forgot about the demented nature of Mr. o Reilly. . . 

I feel like Haith left before he got shitcanned, so bully for him.  Things aren't looking so hot for Mizzou athletics right now so it's good timing.  And the Tennessee fans treated Martin like shit while pining for a guy who got them put on sanctions so fuck 'em.  I hope they hire Kelvin Sampson.

Whoa. Mitch McGary apparently failed a drug test for pot during the tournament and got hit with a 1-year suspension by the NCAA, so he's heading into the draft.  Even for the NCAA that's some serious bullshit.

Whoa. Mitch McGary apparently failed a drug test for pot during the tournament and got hit with a 1-year suspension by the NCAA, so he's heading into the draft.  Even for the NCAA that's some serious bullshit.

That happened to one of the Bradley kids after our 2006 run too, yeah. Crack that whip, jerks...

Walking down Mass St tonight, bumped into Ricky Rubio. I'm impressed with Bill's response to our Naadir Tharpe problem. 

Apparently the Naadir Tharpe problem has solved itself.  Is it to early to hang welcome banners for Devonte Graham?

My alma La Salle is chasing this kid hard.

He's from Senegal and has played basketball for less than two years. He's 7'5", still growing. He wears crazy goggles when he plays. He's from Senegal. He has a 4.0 GPA. He goes by the name "Tacko."

I have never wanted to land a recruit more than this kid.