DVDVR Message Board

2014-2015 NCAA BASKETBALL SEASON

RIPPA

Sad news. I know there's a big VCU base here. I've also dubbed VCU as "everyone's second favorite college basketball team." I know they are mine, despite playing in the A-10 with my beloved La Salle Explorers. HAVOC is the most entertaining style of play in a sport that, year by year, has grown more and more uninteresting. It's the only system where kids can actually play basketball as opposed to being overcoached by a bunch of used car salesmen.

Briante Weber had an awesome career and was 12 steals away from setting the NCAA record. He blew out his knee yesterday, which ended his fabulous college career. VCU, as always, also had a chance to do some damage in the tournament.

Just a sad twist of fate.

• Like 1

Sad news. I know there's a big VCU base here. I've also dubbed VCU as "everyone's second favorite college basketball team." I know they are mine, despite playing in the A-10 with my beloved La Salle Explorers. HAVOC is the most entertaining style of play in a sport that, year by year, has grown more and more uninteresting. It's the only system where kids can actually play basketball as opposed to being overcoached by a bunch of used car salesmen.

Briante Weber had an awesome career and was 12 steals away from setting the NCAA record. He blew out his knee yesterday, which ended his fabulous college career. VCU, as always, also had a chance to do some damage in the tournament.

Just a sad twist of fate.

When I saw him hold Coach Smart's arm while he was on the floor, I think that's the worst I've felt for an athlete in a really long time.  Briante has been the heart and soul for that squad since he got there and that is a really terrible way to end your career.

I'm no fan of Kansas, but the WVU player walked on the game winning shot.

Just saw it this morning, thus the really, really delayed comment.

Fuck it, KUs defensive breakdown was so egregious that I'll let the travel slide.  

That one hurt.

Shulman and Bilas will call the UNC/Duke game tomorrow night for ESPN. If you think this sounds weird, you're not alone- this will be the first time Dick Vitale hasn't called their ESPN matchup since 1979.

If you're in the NYC area, or stopping through during college basketball season, you absolutely have to go see a game at Rose Hill Gym at Fordham. I believe it's the oldest basketball gym in the country. I've gone twice. It's an incredible facility. It seats 3,000 but feels like a high school gym, but in the best way possible. The design is super unique and weird. The seats are so close you can hear the players talking to each other and the refs and the like. A+ venue.

It's the second best college basketball arena I've ever been to. The first is The Palestra in Philly. There's nothing in the world like a sold-out Big 5 game.

• Like 2