DVDVR Message Board

2014-2015 NCAA BASKETBALL SEASON

RIPPA

God that was a scary title to write.

But yeah - now that seasons are ended folks are getting fired.

Auburn fired Tony Barbee after 4 seasons

I wish Notre Dame would fire Mike Brey, but some genius just gave him a ridiculous contract to keep the status quo going for another 10 years. Who care though, right? I mean, the Lady Irish are still kicking ass.

He is a great coach and recruits really strong, but I am not sure how much of that has to do with being so close to Chicago and Milwaukee, but he is good.

The Buzz hire really tells what the guy thinks of the new Big East. Marquette might have a down year or two (like now) but they're consistently very good. They're also looking for a new president and AD -- not sure what the future holds might have made him really nervous. But VA Tech is a truly moribund program in the toughest conference in the country. Weird.

I'm fairly worried my beloved La Salle Explorers might lose their coach to one of the open jobs. He was a decently hot name after last year's Sweet 16 run and was supposedly in the running for Northwestern, Minnesota and Rutgers. He's also starting to do some pre-game show work right now so his stock is up a little bit despite a surprisingly down year. He's from Chicago and did his early coaching stint at Illinois and La Salle has landed some midwestern kids. He also coached in Maine so he knows New England and the Mid-Atlantic.

We finished 15-16 this year after dealing with some early season injuries and a teamwide shooting slump against one of the 30 or so hardest schedules. Finishing with a Top 100 RPI (They're 95) with an under .500 record is actually very impressive and shows how insanely good the A-10 was this year. We graduate four seniors -- two of whom started pretty much every game all four years of college, with the third leading the team in minutes after transferring.

La Salle returns its starting center and power forward, both of whom will be seniors who are really good and could get some NBA looks. Our guard rotation next year will consist of a junior (who played some minutes last year after transferring), two transfers who sat out last year, a redshirt freshman and a true freshman who was just named the DC-area player of the year. They've played zero minutes together. The team has their starting backcourt for the next three years set in stone, though. Truly interesting to see how it works out.

Despite Milwaukee trying to will it into existence - Shaka Smart is not the new Marquette coach. At least not yet.

Wake is also interested in Shaka

Despite Milwaukee trying to will it into existence - Shaka Smart is not the new Marquette coach. At least not yet.

Wake is also interested in Shaka

I'm sure someone will pry him away from VCU at some point, but I don't know how his schemes will work against better competition.  There's a reason you don't see major conference teams running all press all the time.

Two more transfers from Indiana this week.  I wonder if the writing really is on the wall for Crean.  

Well according to ESPN - Shaka officially turned Marquette down.

I am not sure what job he would leave for - he turned down UCLA, he turned down basically hometown Marquette

I guess maybe University of Wisconsin proper???

Danny Manning has reportedly been offered the Wake Forest job.  Tulsa is offering to double his salary to hold onto him

Well what ever they did wasn't enough since Wake announced today that Manning was the new coach

Danny Manning has reportedly been offered the Wake Forest job.  Tulsa is offering to double his salary to hold onto him

Well what ever they did wasn't enough since Wake announced today that Manning was the new coach

If an ACC school wants you, you go. . .