DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

Michael Sam ran a 4.91  40.    Yikes.  

But he'll slip out of the first round because he's infected with teh gay!  It couldn't possibly be because he's not athletic enough to be a top draft pick in the NFL.  Cuz, ya know, nobody's ever won an SEC Player of the Year trophy without being an NFL-ready superstud that should be taken #1 overall:

nfl_u_tebow_576.jpg

And by chance, I just happened to select an image that captures in one easy photo exactly why Tebow wasn't NFL ready coming out of college (hint: it's that really long windup for those of you not familiar with QB mechanics).

Slip out of the first? He was projected 3-5 before coming out, his 40 time was 18th out of 42 DE's.

I don't recall a single person grading him as first round before or since he came out publicly, but I'm sure there's someone who did out there.

That was a shot at the way the media will exaggerate and spin it. The guy only did 17 reps lifting as well. Doesn't seem worth drafting at all.

DC lobbyist Jack Burkman is drafting legislation that would ban gay players from the NFL.  

”We are losing our decency as a nation,” Burkman said in a statement. "Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

Oh, and FYI, 7 years ago, Jack Burkman was named as one of the DC Madam's clients AND was named by 2 prostitutes who use Craigslist.  

Every mom in the country? Good to see fundamentalist dickwads are still so in touch with what all women believe... just don't, you know, ask them. Better to let a bitter old WASP tell us.

Also, presented without comment: KU is the only BCS team without a single player at the combine. Okay, well, one comment: Fuck. We're terrible. 

I don't recall a single person grading him as first round before or since he came out publicly, but I'm sure there's someone who did out there.

That was a shot at the way the media will exaggerate and spin it. The guy only did 17 reps lifting as well. Doesn't seem worth drafting at all.

Yeah, exactly.  The media blew it up that he'd "fallen" to 3rd-5th round when he came out, completely ignoring that that was where he was projected before he came out.

DC lobbyist Jack Burkman is drafting legislation that would ban gay players from the NFL.

”We are losing our decency as a nation,” Burkman said in a statement. "Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

Oh, and FYI, 7 years ago, Jack Burkman was named as one of the DC Madam's clients AND was named by 2 prostitutes who use Craigslist.

@samsteinhp: The Republican lobbyist hawking the anti-gay NFL bill has a gay brother who thinks he's "an ass" http://t.co/385fbh5zHE

Oh and Adam Muema of San Diego State left the combine without doing anything because "God told him to"

Apparently - Muema's dream is to play for the Seahawks and in this conversation with God, that would happen if he didn't participate in the combine.

Yup...

God - "Hey everyone, watch me dupe this gullible fuck and then we'll all point and laugh."

The Vikings apparently red-flagging any prospects who have said.... questionable things on Twitter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/vikings-have-red-flagged-prospects-for-their-twitter-use/

If you're a franchise like the Vikings that has had a history of players with drug problems and maturity issues, digging into twitter feeds is very smart.  I'd surprised if there were more than 2 or 3 teams that DON'T do it.

Oh, and FYI, 7 years ago, Jack Burkman was named as one of the DC Madam's clients AND was named by 2 prostitutes who use Craigslist.  

These dudes are always bitching about how homosexuality is a choice, correct? Then why not just have the gay players promise they'll be straight whenever they're in a team situation. Then after the game they can be gay again and go sing show tunes or whatever it is they do together.

• Like 2

WHY, DOES IT MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE?

The thought it would NOT make somebody uncomfortable makes me uncomfortable.

Homophobe

LOL, yeah, not so much.  Nah, it's the one boob pointing up, the other pointing left, the gut bouncing all over.  Not that I'm really one to talk, I'm not exactly the epitome of fit & trim either.

• Like 1