DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

I saw the flair v hawk match at the philly bash.

Was it good?

It had a great false finish.

Ref bump. Flair throws Hawk over top rope. Hawk makes comeback and pins Flair.

Tommy Young crawls across the ring, slapping the mat as he crawls.

1-2-3

Crowd goes crazy.

Tommy young then gets up, explains Flair DQed for throwing Hawk overtop rope.

Exact same finish in the Flair/Animal match in Cincy the next week.

I love that NXT is going head-to-head with iMPACT including the NXT PPV. Guess which one I will be watching.

If I were home most Thursday nigjts by 9, I would watch iNXT over Impact.  I guess I will watch it when it is available on The Network

So I'm not too ashamed to admit (though I really should be) that I started thinking about the network while laying in bed last night and I had a tough time falling asleep.  Sort of a "kid on Christmas eve" deal.  

I  think I may have had that as well.  Just repressed it a little bit

Here are some details on the programming that is showing up on the Network including a Best of Smackdown, Best of RAW, and something called "This is NXT"

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-network-programming-lineup-26182163

In looking at the article, it seems that they changed their original plan for the 2/24 launch. Wasn't the actual channel supposed to start with the RAW post-show at 11:05pm (w/ the on demand content available during the day)? If I didn't read it wrong, the linear channel is now starting at 9:00am.

So I'm not too ashamed to admit (though I really should be) that I started thinking about the network while laying in bed last night and I had a tough time falling asleep.  Sort of a "kid on Christmas eve" deal.  

You guys are pantsless when you sleep at night, right?

You guys are pantsless when you sleep at night, right?

Not at first but once those network type thoughts start...

I was also thinking about the network although it was Monday night after RAW. I was laying in bed going "Wow, this time next week I'll have the network..can't wait to see how it looks" 

• Like 1

Sorry for not having read through all 31 pages of this thread but have they said whether episodes of Superstars or Saturday Night's Main Event will be available?

Not yet but they're probably going to save it for sometime after the first 6 month subscription period.  I don't think they want to release everything at once, rather in waves to keep the subscribers interested.

• Like 1

I just read somewhere that the reason WWE prefers people not use AppleTV is that AppleTV takes 50% but other devices like the Roku only take 30%.  Are these numbers really accurate?  30% seems really really steep considering the WWE still has to pay for their own servers, employees to keep things running, etc.  I knew of course the devices got a little cut but I had no idea it was such a big cut.

I just read somewhere that the reason WWE prefers people not use AppleTV is that AppleTV takes 50% but other devices like the Roku only take 30%.  Are these numbers really accurate?  30% seems really really steep considering the WWE still has to pay for their own servers, employees to keep things running, etc.  I knew of course the devices got a little cut but I had no idea it was such a big cut.

That's basically what Dave said on WON show Monday night. And why WWE is not promoting Apple tv