DVDVR Message Board

2013-14 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

Dolfan in NYC

Well, I have no doubt Flair will nutshot his hometown team for a paycheck, I think his 49ers fandom is legit. I remember back when I first started watching 7:00 Saturday NWA  show on TBS, one of the first things I remember the announcers going on and on about was how some 49ers player (John Ayers) was going to be the special guest ref for Flair's championship match. I'm pretty sure he'd namedrop Montana, et al in promos too.

Remember, this was 10 years or so before the Panthers ever came into existence so while, yeah, I get why the locals are upset about him turning on the hometown team, I have to think a lot of older folks in the Carolinas still have pretty strong allegiances to the teams they rooted for back before they had their own franchise.

It's not just the locals though.  Steve Smith and at least one other player on the Panthers has come across as legitimately hurt by this.  Like, they feel betrayed.  By Naitch.

WOOOO

Well, I have no doubt Flair will nutshot his hometown team for a paycheck, I think his 49ers fandom is legit. I remember back when I first started watching 7:00 Saturday NWA  show on TBS, one of the first things I remember the announcers going on and on about was how some 49ers player (John Ayers) was going to be the special guest ref for Flair's championship match. I'm pretty sure he'd namedrop Montana, et al in promos too.

Remember, this was 10 years or so before the Panthers ever came into existence so while, yeah, I get why the locals are upset about him turning on the hometown team, I have to think a lot of older folks in the Carolinas still have pretty strong allegiances to the teams they rooted for back before they had their own franchise.

I think John Ayers did moonlight as a wrestler on more occasions than that.

Russ Francis -- who also played for the 80s 49ers -- definitely moonlighted as a wrestler and in fact worked Wrestlemania II as part of that NFL/WWF crossover battle royal.

I'd like to know how Crabtree is overrated. In what way? You know, he did just come back and all of a sudden the offense can move the ball through the again. Its no accident. He has great hands and is a good YAC receiver.

Carolina will be tough. I expect a defensive struggle all the way.

As for the pats.. what makes them unbeatable?

All year, it's been "yeah but we didn't have Crabtree" every time the Niners offense has struggled. And true enough he's been productive and a help, but it's not like he's Jerry Rice or anything, in fact he'd be a number two on a lot of teams. In that way he's overrated. He's a good WR but not at all a game breaker or anything.

17-13 Panthers.

Distractions piling up in Carolina thanks to the Nature Boy's betrayal.

It wasn't enough that Being Naitch cost him four marriages, financial solvency and 90% of his professional legacy. Now it's taken away his city. 

Well he is living in Florida now.  I think he low blowed the You Are Now Leaving Charlotte sign on the way outta town

Distractions piling up in Carolina thanks to the Nature Boy's betrayal.

It wasn't enough that Being Naitch cost him four marriages, financial solvency and 90% of his professional legacy. Now it's taken away his city. 

Well he is living in Florida now.  I think he low blowed the You Are Now Leaving Charlotte sign on the way outta town

OF COURSE Florida. Give us your tired, your retired, your poor, your huddled masses and your fucking lunatics. 

That looks like Canadian Bacon and thus it makes it a horrible burger

But but but...what? I don't care if I'm risking a banning, I will go to my death for back bacon. It's delicious and is the perfect sandwich bacon. Also, delicious...

backbacon.jpg