DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

So a trailer released for this game Hatred. And it looks like the worst fucking thing ever. Sets back the industry.

Well if GOG and Steam refuse to carry it - the story is going to end there.

I mean there are plenty of other amazingly shitty games like that and sadly always will be.

I would be more concerned if it was being pimped out by like EA or something.

Well,  right now, GOG and Valve have yet to say one way or the other, and both claim that they haven't been approached about it . Most likely, they'll opt out.

Epic threw a shitfit that the Unreal logo appeared in the trailer, as they want nothing to do with it.

And that's about it for the conversation about the game that'll end up being allowed and not start a flame war that could be had with this game.

I saw this all in this Gamespot story

Basically they would love to distribute through GOG and Steam but haven't gotten permission yet (and know it might not happen)

"Yes, we really plan to release this game publicly and for PC only," the studio said. "We're too small [a] team to develop it on any other platform at the moment. We really wish to release [a] digital version through Steam and GoG, but actually we have no idea if they will let us to do this, because of all the sh**storm the game is delivering. :) We really would like to find a publisher for retail version also, but it might be hard for the same reason."

Plus - pissing off Epic isn't going to help them any either

Edit - CURSE YOUR FAST TYPING!!!

And that's about it for the conversation about the game that'll end up being allowed and not start a flame war that could be had with this game.

You sure? I'm doubtful anyone on this board will be on this game's side, but I could be wrong.

You sure? I'm doubtful anyone on this board will be on this game's side, but I could be wrong.

Well, not on the game's side. per se.  But the Dev's reasoning (as full of shit as it might be) for making the game and the question of "Should they be able to publish" could go down a bad road.

I'm on record as despising films such as Saw or Human Centipede so I'm pretty sure my feelings here are clear, at least.

I'm all for freedom of expression and if they can find someone to publish and distribute their hate simulator then bully for them, but luckily that freedom of expression also includes my right to hate your work and/or disparage it at will.

• Like 3

This is not necessarily related to people on here.

The idea that people are getting outraged about this game after buying so many games trivializing the act of taking lives is just precious. The only difference I see here is that this happens to be murder in an unagreeable format, yet still made by people with a hard-on for death because they have only abstractions of it in their lives, no reality. If people wanted a different industry where this wouldn't happen, they should've bought and supported different things. 

Now if only I was any good at photoshop, I would remake that one album cover to say "You Are The Generation That Bought More Gore And You Get What You Deserve"

Fresh I have a proposition for you- donate your PS4 to someone on this board that will play it. That poor little square of plastic sits there day after day feeling unloved and wondering if YouTube will be the only thing it's ever used for.

• Like 1

Fresh I have a proposition for you- donate your PS4 to someone on this board that will play it. That poor little square of plastic sits there day after day feeling unloved and wondering if YouTube will be the only thing it's ever used for.

It's worse than that. I actually am using the PS3 for YouTube and Netflix (because I have a remote for it). The PS4 is pretty much completely abandoned.

This game is just like that Uwe Boll movie I wished I had not watched.

I actually liked that movie.  A lot.  It was all disturbing and messed up yet somehow well-done.

This game?  It's...gratuitous.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Yeah I watched that Hatred trailer and it made me uncomfortable, too, but I also played and enjoyed the last Max Payne which was morally questionable.  In that game I killed half the populace of Brazil, and the devs certainly wanted me to think Max and his drinking problem + high skill in killing people was somewhat cool.  I'm not sure I can climb my high horse after some of the things I've enjoyed doing in modern video games.  I mean in games I try to avoid civilian deaths and all, and in RPG's I always play the good guy and make moral choices, but in action games where you have to lay waste to everything coming your way to beat the level I do enjoy it.