DVDVR Message Board

Jeff Jarret RESIGNS from TNA

EN090

I think that's pretty much a given.  Russo is the only booker besides Jeff's own father who's ever pushed Jeff as a main eventer.

I'd kinda hoped that Jeff might've taken this opportunity to mend fences with Jerry, but whatever.

I don't think Russo would be completely horrible if used in a role where he writes a lot of filler but has zero input on who gets pushed or match finishes.

Also the amount of time given to matches. He at least gets his stories over quickly. That shouldn't be an asset but after aces and eights it probably is now. It really does say a lot though the need to try and keep hiring him back secret. The show hasn't been without merit recently. The booking of the champion and Dixie are major drags though.

Jarrett eventually got rid of Russo.  Dixie Carter keeps bringing him back for some reason.  I think he's a "consultant" now which means that he gets included in on the creative team's e-mails and he just e-mails his ideas to Dixie and she passes them on to the creative team instead of him delivering them in person as most would question him, especially the talent.

Also, this way he can continue to deny any culpability for anything that fails miserably as he always does.  "No bro, that was Dutch's idea."  "That wasn't me, I swear to you, Jeff wanted to do that."  "It would've worked but he just didn't embrace it at all."  "I love Joe but his weight, bro."  "Bro, my job is to get ratings but those guys wrestle for the internet fans."

Upcoming:  "I wasn't even there, bro."  "I don't even have a computer and I'm going to be honest with you, I don't even really believe in computers."  "I've never even heard of e-mail before.  Mail made of electricity?  That's ludicrous, c'mon, bro, you'd get electrocuted if something like that existed."

• Like 4

Jarrett eventually got rid of Russo.  Dixie Carter keeps bringing him back for some reason.  I think he's a "consultant" now which means that he gets included in on the creative team's e-mails and he just e-mails his ideas to Dixie and she passes them on to the creative team instead of him delivering them in person as most would question him, especially the talent.

Also, this way he can continue to deny any culpability for anything that fails miserably as he always does.  "No bro, that was Dutch's idea."  "That wasn't me, I swear to you, Jeff wanted to do that."  "It would've worked but he just didn't embrace it at all."  "I love Joe but his weight, bro."  "Bro, my job is to get ratings but those guys wrestle for the internet fans."

Upcoming:  "I wasn't even there, bro."  "I don't even have a computer and I'm going to be honest with you, I don't even really believe in computers."  "I've never even heard of e-mail before.  Mail made of electricity?  That's ludicrous, c'mon, bro, you'd get electrocuted if something like that existed."

Ben, I think you're one of the most insightful posters here, but you and I both know that this one needed more references to Spaldingz.

"Bro, look, I'm going to be honest with you.  I'm not sure what you're even talking about here with these 'spaldingz' but I think, look, are you talking about my testicles here?  My balls?  Look bro, I'm a Christian now but before...there's something about this business, this wrestling business.  It's so negative bro.  You've got your Dave Meltzers and your Wade Kellers and they just put out all this stuff, all these unsubstantiated rumors and these internet wrestling fans latch onto it and everything is somehow my fault, bro.  I'm a writer, not a booker, bro.  My job is to get ratings.  Ratings, RATINGS, do you understand what I'm saying here, bro?  But I think I know where this 'spaldingz' thing came from, bro.  When I left the WWE and I went to the WCW, after I had my meeting with the Turner people in Atlanta as I'm driving to the airport, I called Ed Ferrera and I told him I just signed with the WCW and Ed, I love him and we had our problems but they're all worked out now and I love him, bro, Ed says to me, "Vince, while the old man has his grapefruits, you've got testicles like basketballs.  You've got some spaldingz, bro." and that's where that came from.  That came from Ed Ferrera not me, not Vince Russo, not like those quote-unquote journalists like Dave Meltzer and all those internet wrestling fans would have you believe.  Look I have no reason to lie to you and the truth is I don't even have testicles, bro."

• Like 12

Those videos make me think that the Jarretts have a crazy overestimation about how "beloved" Karen is by wrestling fans.

Jeff too, but that's not as blatant.

Yeah, some of the Jeff/Karen couple vids are like they are being intentionally done to drive Kurt Angle crazy.

Of course, if Jeff comes back as Double J MMA, then there is no overestimation of how beloved he is.

http://gwhnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/2014/03/report-new-jarrett-promotion-to.html

From the Mid-South Indy Wrestling News:

Jeff Jarrett's new wrestling promotion will reportedly begin airing on CMT in January 2015. This information comes from Toby Keith, a major financial partner of Jarrett's, who has strong ties to the network and has been leaking bits of news since getting involved. A reality show starring Jeff and wife Karen Jarrett is reportedly also in the works and will serve as a vehicle to launch the new promotion a few months later.

Jarrett is seeking to introduce new faces and personalities, including international talent, and has been scouting Indy Wrestling events and watching recommended videos in this search for new talent for his show.

Chances of Jeff hiring Gabe as lead booker?

It's probably Jarrett, D'Amore, and Cornette.

Actually, a reality show about trying to put together a wrestling promotion would be something I would absolutely watch. With far more certainty than watching the actual wrestling promotion. I've yet to see any sign that Barood, Deadly Danda, or even Jwala are going to be involved.

Actually, a reality show about trying to put together a wrestling promotion would be something I would absolutely watch. With far more certainty than watching the actual wrestling promotion. I've yet to see any sign that Barood, Deadly Danda, or even Jwala are going to be involved.

Just like Total Divas, I will watch it and hate myself for it.