DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XL - 4/6 & 4/7/2024

Dolfan in NYC

My top ten WrestleMania matches ever:

10. Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn vs. The Usos. WrestleMania XXXIX. *****.

9. Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre. WrestleMania XXXIX. *****.

8. Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns. WrestleMania XL. *****.

7. Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns. WrestleMania XXXI. *****.

6. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat. WrestleMania III. *****.

5. Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels. WrestleMania X. *****.

4. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista. WrestleMania XXX. *****.

3. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. WrestleMania XXV. *****.

2. Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart. WrestleMania X. *****.

1. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. WrestleMania 13. *****.

Might be an element of recency bias including Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns already but I don't think it will. It was both historic ending Roman Reigns reign of 1,316 days as WWE Universal Champion and WWE Champion at 735 days. It was a great match delivering the ending when it mattered most and not on a damp squib.

Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H from WrestleMania XX should be there but I'm unable to list his matches. I can hardly bring Benoit up. I'm always conscious of what it does to people especially the families of Nancy and David.

I also know I'm generous when it comes to handing out *****. There will be some picks which will be a head-scratcher.

25 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I don't understand that reference!

What @MoeCristyV.1.6 said. Both are Minnesota staples.

Jucy Lucy is a burger with melted cheese in the middle. Invented in Minneapolis with 2 bars arguing over which one was the first (I like Matt’s Bar).

Lutefisk is a gelatinous fish that soaks for many days in lye. Scandinavian dish that most people know is icky but some eat it for Norwegian heritage reasons. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Jucy Lucy is a burger with melted cheese in the middle. Invented in Minneapolis with 2 bars arguing over which one was the first (I like Matt’s Bar).

Lutefisk is a gelatinous fish that soaks for many days in lye. Scandinavian dish that most people know is icky but some eat it for Norwegian heritage reasons. 

Cheers, David.

6 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Have you two considered going to couples' therapy so we can discuss pro wrestling without hearing about whatever this was?

I would love to never talk to that dude again. 

6 hours ago, Octopus said:

The Jucy Lucy at Matt's Bar was featured on Man v. Food with Adam Richman. I'm partial to the episode where Adam attempts the Fat Sandwich challenge at Rutgers University. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Jucy Lucy at Matt's Bar was featured on Man v. Food with Adam Richman. I'm partial to the episode where Adam attempts the Fat Sandwich challenge at Rutgers University. 

When I was a student at Kennesaw State some years back, my whole house (5 guys) ordered that massive carnivore pizza from down the street. I'll remain shocked until the day I say that Adam finished his half of that.

4 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

When I was a student at Kennesaw State some years back, my whole house (5 guys) ordered that massive carnivore pizza from down the street. I'll remain shocked until the day I say that Adam finished his half of that.

At my drunkest, I was only able to do two fat sandwiches. I could never fathom downing five in 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You would pick the one dish of that kind I've had, and love.

Or like any version of crab dip.  My god. 

Two of my favourite moments were the heel's comeuppance in Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre especially Drew. All Drew had to do was walk away but he couldn't resist sticking it to Punk. Reigns' wanted his revenge on Seth Rollins turning his back on the Shield thinking he had Cody Rhodes beat.