DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/22 - 1/28/2024 - I'll Rumble 4 Ya

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Kevin Patrick will no longer be on the announce team for Smackdown

Per Meltzer

With both Vince and Dunn (and I'm assuming Pritchard also), you don't think Mauro would come back, do you?

• Sad 1

For the record, Damien Priest now looks like the dumbest person alive.  Seth is basically crying about it being like 90/10 he's not going to make it to Mania.  Imperium comes to vaguely threaten him, they get taken out by New Day...  

Maybe have all 4 (or even 5) members of Judgement Day go distract McIntyre? Then put Seth's head through the god damned briefcase.  Jesus.  This isn't hard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, Damien Priest now looks like the dumbest person alive.  Seth is basically crying about it being like 90/10 he's not going to make it to Mania.  Imperium comes to vaguely threaten him, they get taken out by New Day...  

Maybe have all 4 (or even 5) members of Judgement Day go distract McIntyre? Then put Seth's head through the god damned briefcase.  Jesus.  This isn't hard.

Yeah, made to look foolish. One of the dumbest MITB winners ever. Any time, any place for up to one year.

I vaguely remember or am I mistaken my man Daniel Bryan cashing in on Mark Henry for the World Heavyweight Championship in 2011 but it was annulled as Henry wasn't "medically cleared". I went from elation to fucked off. Thankfully Bryan cashed in on The Big Show at TLC 2011 to become World Heavyweight Champion. I was sure he'd be the first to fail the cash in.

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

There's a world where Hunter realizes Preist isn't the guy and is figuring out an out to the whole breifcase thing.  

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

With both Vince and Dunn (and I'm assuming Pritchard also), you don't think Mauro would come back, do you?

I know Mauro Ranallo divides opinion but I like him. Just keep the human POS JBL away.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

There's a world where Hunter realizes Preist isn't the guy and is figuring out an out to the whole breifcase thing.  

Could always do an Austin Theory challenging for a secondary championship but again he looks foolish when the World Title is main prize. Then again the WWE Intercontinental Championship is more prestigious right now in many years and means more than the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. That feels a consolation prize to those who haven't kayfabe ended Roman Reigns reign as WWE Champion/WWE Universal Champion.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Kevin Patrick will no longer be on the announce team for Smackdown

Per Meltzer

They are going to put Saxton back in commentary aren't they.   They always someone to be Corey Graves puppet and Byron was his favorite.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is Big E moved to commentary permanently? Where is he, anyway? I know his injuries were retirement-level but you'd think he might at least come out to support his team.

Big E still doesn’t have a timetable for an in-ring return.

TMZ on Sunday posted a video talking to the former WWE Champion, where he said that his neck injury suffered back on the March 11, 2022 episode of SmackDown was healing. Big E suffered a broken neck after taking an overhead belly-to-belly suplex from Ridge Holland.

“It’s all together. The bones are connected to the other bones,” he said.

However, he told the outlet that there was still no timetable for an in-ring return, and wanted to make the best choice for himself.

“I just want to make a smart decision,” he said. “I didn’t start wrestling to end up in a wheelchair. So I want to make sure I’m making the best decision for myself. I don’t have a timeline unfortunately, so thank you for asking.”

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/big-e-on-possible-in-ring-wwe-return-i-just-want-to-make-a-smart-decision

Most of RAW last night was good. But man I do not buy Damien Priest as a main event heel. That match with Drew was fine from a wrestling standpoint, but from a story standpoint it was not that exciting for me at least. He really is the worst MITB winner because he had a golden opportunity to win the title last night and he's no where to be seen.

I think they backed him into a corner when he won the tag titles with Finn. The Judgement Day should use the Freebird rule when it comes to the tag titles. But as long as he's a tag champion, they won't have him cash in for the big one because who's going to buy him having three title belts. So the quicker they get that tag title off of him, the quicker they can have him cash in.

Bron/Corbin vs. Axiom/Frazier was awesome. Just a great power based dickheads vs. fired up high flyers match. Corbin and Bron are so much better of team than anyone would have expected.

Lash/Wren was a nice semi-competitive squash. Very nice showcase for Lash, and Wren has good babyface energy going off of this and her little segment with Fallon before the match.

Dijak/Gacy never happened officially with the two just brawling around the ring. Dug Dijak putting Gacy down only for Gacy to rise with that crazed look and energy each time. Good segment.

Lexis/Bearhill was alright.

The Supernova Sessions with Lola and Lopez was decent for Elektra's promo. She showed some decent fire and got the crowd behind her a bit.

Dragon/Scrypts was a nice showcase for both and decent continuation of the Family/OTM feud with the brawl towards the end.

Blair/Karmen was alright.

Trick/Briggs was solid. Ilja trying to will Trick on was interesting to see. Curious to see where they go with Briggs as he definitely was on the more heelish side though not all in. The finish was well done and added some decent heat to the whole Trick/Ilja/Melo drama.

The contract signing between Roxanne and Lyra was far better than expected with the two trading some decent barbs for some extra drama. Tatum adds an interesting chaotic element with her attack on Roxanne post signing.

Not the strongest show match wise save the opener but still a lot of solid moves forward story wise with a good amount of decent segments. The Dusty Cup semi-final was easily MOTN and a must see. This year's tournament has been one of the better ones quality wise from what  I can recall offhand. 

I had USA still on the TV so when I woke up at like 7:30pm NXT was on. So I paid attention, kind of. If you like it, that’s cool. There are some people who have potential, and people who shouldn’t be on this brand anymore, and people who have both of those things.

But GODDAMN, these vignettes are terrible. The Chase U stuff is just…. ugh. And the Von Wagner thing? Less said the better. I don’t think it’s because of the people involved, but moreso how it’s shot? It seems, I don’t know, cheap? Not sure if I’m conveying how I feel about them properly, or if I even can. Some of the stuff on Raw was the same way - I think it was a few weeks ago, with Chelsea & Piper in a “club” that was clearly just backstage or something.

I got second hand embarrassment listening to Booker T try to be cool on commentary while Trick was making his entrance. I e never liked Booker on commentary and he’s only gotten worse as the years have went on.

Blair Davenport is wrestling some girl who has had maybe a year’s worth of experience. Dragon Lee is wrestling a former Cirque du Soleil guy. Like what’s going on here? I know this is their developmental brand, and these inexperienced people need to be in the ring with experienced people, but in my eyes it’s just flat out weird to see someone like Blair or Lee or even Dragunov still on a brand that’s clearly beneath them.

TLDR: as someone who hasn’t watched NXT at all since it was rebranded and the last show I did watch was probably during the Wednesday Night Wars… oh my god. This is wildly different and not for me. At all. I want to see Blair, Lee, Bron, Dragunov, Trick, Melo, Roxanne, etc on the main roster stat.

I know it was debunked, but I cannot imagine if fucking Okada signed to WWE and debuted on this brand. Holy shit, what’s he gonna do, wrestle a former collegiate archery champion or something? The fuck. And I’m actually one of the people who would rather see Okada in WWE than AEW just because of the potential matches.

Edited by Casey
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Casey said:

Holy shit, what’s he gonna do, wrestle a former collegiate archery champion or something?

Either that or a former indie wrestler with a collegiate archery champion gimmick. You know, to fit in with the *checks notes* uhhhhh... wanna-be mafiosi?

49 minutes ago, Casey said:

I had USA still on the TV so when I woke up at like 7:30pm NXT was on. So I paid attention, kind of. If you like it, that’s cool. There are some people who have potential, and people who shouldn’t be on this brand anymore, and people who have both of those things.

But GODDAMN, these vignettes are terrible. The Chase U stuff is just…. ugh. And the Von Wagner thing? Less said the better. I don’t think it’s because of the people involved, but moreso how it’s shot? It seems, I don’t know, cheap? Not sure if I’m conveying how I feel about them properly, or if I even can. Some of the stuff on Raw was the same way - I think it was a few weeks ago, with Chelsea & Piper in a “club” that was clearly just backstage or something.

I got second hand embarrassment listening to Booker T try to be cool on commentary while Trick was making his entrance. I e never liked Booker on commentary and he’s only gotten worse as the years have went on.

Blair Davenport is wrestling some girl who has had maybe a year’s worth of experience. Dragon Lee is wrestling a former Cirque du Soleil guy. Like what’s going on here? I know this is their developmental brand, and these inexperienced people need to be in the ring with experienced people, but in my eyes it’s just flat out weird to see someone like Blair or Lee or even Dragunov still on a brand that’s clearly beneath them.

TLDR: as someone who hasn’t watched NXT at all since it was rebranded and the last show I did watch was probably during the Wednesday Night Wars… oh my god. This is wildly different and not for me. At all. I want to see Blair, Lee, Bron, Dragunov, Trick, Melo, Roxanne, etc on the main roster stat.

I know it was debunked, but I cannot imagine if fucking Okada signed to WWE and debuted on this brand. Holy shit, what’s he gonna do, wrestle a former collegiate archery champion or something? The fuck. And I’m actually one of the people who would rather see Okada in WWE than AEW just because of the potential matches.

Haven't watched this week's episode but the reasons you dislike the show are the exact reasons I love the show. The wackiness of these matchups is intriguing to me along with the really bad sketches. Work out the kinks before getting called up. And there's a bit of a log jam at the main roster so there are a bunch of folks that are stuck in NXT for now which is even more glaring with the UK folks that have been there for the last year and half or so now.

And I believe Booker T on commentary is the WCW B/C show Dusty Rhodes of our time.

Probably something to that last point, considering I don’t like Dusty as a commentator either. 😂

I just feel like those people I mentioned could be on the main roster and swapped out for names that have done pretty much everything or are just spinning their wheels. Like, there’s no good reason that Blair can’t be called up post-WrestleMania or whatever and just replace her in NXT with Natalya or someone. Their roster is large enough that you can do this. I much, much rather see R-Truth in NXT than hamming it up with Damien Priest in the main event of RAW.

But yeah if you like it that’s cool. It’s like getting whiplash going from the last show I saw was basically the last gasp of the Black & Gold NXT to it now being… what this is.

Just keep Okada far, far away from this if he does go to WWE. Nakamura benefitted from NXT fans at the time being super smark heavy, it doesn’t seem that way now unless I’m wrong. But if I am wrong… well, I still don’t want to see Okada versus Josh Briggs or anything, lol.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1