DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WILD CARD ROUND

RIPPA

19 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Plays like that probably need a little more scrutiny in the off-season.  Too many of those arena league 'moving towards the line' moments.

The league has just decided to ignore that all year. It happens multiple times every game and isn't called. 

6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The league has just decided to ignore that all year. It happens multiple times every game and isn't called. 

They are just saving it to call against KC at a crucial time, can't wait.

• Like 1

Robbed the Lions of a chance to extend the lead, Rams get the ball with a chance to take the lead/control. Because a Ram player jumped offsides. What in the blue fuck?

Refs have missed at least two personal fouls on LA but, holy cow, you CANNOT blow that offside call the way they did. Almost certainly cost Detroit points. 

Just now, Contentious C said:

Why does Dan Campbell have more shades of color to his teeth than a bag of candy corn?

Kneecaps are bad for the teeth?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Why does Dan Campbell have more shades of color to his teeth than a bag of candy corn?

Toothpaste is for pussies?  🤷‍♂️

Frankly I am surprised he hasn't grinded on them so hard that they tooth is pouring out of his mouth like dust 

If the Lions win this game, I think it is going to be based on the defense.  Luckily they have beat really strong in the red zone but now they don't need the red zone to take the lead.  Offense is starting to slow down in the 2nd half. 

AHAHAHAHAHA

You motherfuckers are never going to be rid of the Packers.

.500 would have been a successful season, no matter what happens now we're playing with house money.

Fuck the Cowboys.

Fuck the Vikings.

Fuck the fucking Bears.

Lions, you can win a playoff game, you've earned it.

3 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Another blown call finally goes Detroit's way. But at least we can rely on shoddy officiating when the Lions are involved.

Yeah, that definitely could have been called. Finally, one goes our way. 

I'm not second guessing the decision nor do I think it was the wrong one, but someone is going to ponder now if they should have gone for the 61ish yard FG instead of punting (or gone for yards on the 3rd down play instead of the first to get in range), since either way Detroit just needed a couple first downs to end the game. I don't even know what Brett Maher was hitting in pre-game, maybe they just knew it wasn't something he was capable of.

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm not second guessing the decision nor do I think it was the wrong one, but someone is going to ponder now if they should have gone for the 61ish yard FG instead of punting, since either way Detroit just needed a couple first downs to end the game. I don't even know what Brett Maher was hitting in pre-game, maybe they just knew it wasn't something he was capable of.

It's a fair question. He does have a NFL record 4 60+ yard field goals, including a 63 yarder. I think McVay decided there was enough time to get the ball back and get into better range rather than risking getting pinned deep even if they got it back after a miss.

Or maybe Maher doesn't have the leg anymore, I have no idea. And don't really care, tbh.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I want to enjoy this but I stupidly kept thinking maybe they would win a game “for Dean” if you would so now I am feeling proxy disappointment 

The Montreal Alouettes did win a Grey Cup in November, but I see what you're saying.

In six days Michigan won the Natty for the first time in 26 years and the Lions won a playoff game for the first time in 32 years.

And Detroit gets to host another game next week. I'm overcome.

• Like 4

Flacco didn’t play terrible until he started playing terrible, it that makes any sense. He was trying to throw it away and had to throw towards that WR because he was in the pocket or he would have been flagged. Him and the Browns never quit on the season and I respect that. The Texans were just plain better, but I would hit the brakes on crowing Levi. 

I wonder if the Chiefs have is all fooled and beat at a game of 4D chess here. They’re a top defense and have tried to run the ball which they have, just not quite at the level of Walter Payton. Maybe they chose the exact right time to shift away from Mahomes as the main piece which is all there is to his “bad” season. That’s not uncommon but it’s usually done to late.

The Packers are, I can’t believe I’m saying it, just having fun out there. That’s their success in a nutshell. They haven’t been hungry since 2011 then they lost to the Chiefs and quit. The Cowboys have fun when everything’s going their way then they start crying as soon as everything’s not. It might not be a coincidence who the coach is and was of the Packers.

The Lions got a playoff win and might not even be finished. They called Reynold’s name about being a former Lion more times than anybody else. 

And last but not least f^%#ing f@•% Cris Collinsworth. He laughs after every good catch like it’s just so funny and his laugh is as uplifting as being kicked in the gnads. He needs to be tied up and made to watch the John Taylor catch for infinity to the sound of John Taylor laughing. 

So it is way too late to postpone the Bills game in my opinion.  In looking at social media the stadium is still full of snow.  People complaining that they were robbed of a snow game will still get their wish