DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK SIXTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - the whole thing is an HBO limited series waiting to happen

Oh we're definitely in the middle of the second act of the show, where he reveals the good little scam where he's been skimming off low-level pro athletes for years, and one of Tommy's friends is just starting to figure it out.

This is definitely got "flew too close to the sun" written all over it.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh we're definitely in the middle of the second act of the show, where he reveals the good little scam where he's been skimming off low-level pro athletes for years, and one of Tommy's friends is just starting to figure it out.

This is a very elaborate remake of The Pope of Greenwich Village.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And in "Oh... that's why it works"

Kelce gave an interview where he said he's been warned numerous times over the years for doing this and basically said he deserved the penalty. 

Edited by Tabe

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

final act includes him resurfacing on Masked Singer in a couple years, giving himself away when the audience/judges realize he only ever does songs from the Frank Sinatra catalog

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who could have EVER seen this coming???  😭😭😭

So... here's the debate my friends and I had this weekend.   Does Saleh get fired this off-season or does he stay on as Rodgers' yes-man puppet?   I'm honestly not sure.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So... here's the debate my friends and I had this weekend.   Does Saleh get fired this off-season or does he stay on as Rodgers' yes-man puppet?   I'm honestly not sure.

Saleh, Hackett and the GM are all in big trouble. Meanwhile, the defensive co-ordinator is going to be getting head coaching interviews when the season is over. 

The bad news about Rodgers not being medically cleared?  It's that Washington has a good chance of beating the Jets this weekend now.  And for Rivera to have a losing lifetime coaching record (assuming he doesn't get hired somewhere in the future) Washington would have to lose out.

Someone commented on Twitter that it took Antonio Brown seven years to become the most hated man in Pittsburgh, and Pickens has matched that in two. That’s quite a feat.

The followup to the Tommy DeVito Pizzagate thing is that DeVito made an appearance at the pizzeria & didn’t take an appearance fee.  He also supposedly has hired a new agent,

Edit: apparently, DeVito hired a new marketing agent,  Sean Stellato still handles his football interests (it sounds like Stellato will be out entirely at some point soon)

Edited by The Old-Fashioned Gamer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hilarious. There was never a chance he was going to play. 

• Like 1

The Pickens comment is also a pain because this isn't the only time a Steelers WR has been questioned about his laziness in the last month.  But at least Diontae Johnson was smart enough to tell the reporter that he should tried harder on the play and didn't make excuses.  Hasn't stopped his way of play though.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

The Pickens comment is also a pain because this isn't the only time a Steelers WR has been questioned about his laziness in the last month.  But at least Diontae Johnson was smart enough to tell the reporter that he should tried harder on the play and didn't make excuses.  Hasn't stopped his way of play though.   

Chase Claypool too! How do the Steelers draft so many low-effort WRs? I can't think of any other WRs off the top of my head from the last couple years that got the low-effort label except for three the Steelers drafted. Either their scouts are not noticing something or there is a real coaching/practice problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tabe said:

Hilarious. There was never a chance he was going to play. 

Oh the other, less reported, piece from that interview.  Rodgers reiterated that he wanted to play two seasons with the Jets, and due to his injury does not consider this to be one of those seasons.  

Notably, he is 40 years old.   And the Airplanes currently only have about $14 million in cap space to... well to be blunt, get an entirely new offensive line.

• Like 1

For the record (because I know places will get this wrong) - the Jets have activated Aaron Rodgers from IL

They needed to do so, so he could keep practicing with the team but the organization has said he will not play again this year

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Chase Claypool too! How do the Steelers draft so many low-effort WRs? I can't think of any other WRs off the top of my head from the last couple years that got the low-effort label except for three the Steelers drafted. Either their scouts are not noticing something or there is a real coaching/practice problem.

After a decade-plus of Hines Ward burying opposing CBs in landfills around Pittsburgh on his blocks, this is what you could call "regression to the mean".

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh the other, less reported, piece from that interview.  Rodgers reiterated that he wanted to play two seasons with the Jets, and due to his injury does not consider this to be one of those seasons.  

Notably, he is 40 years old.   And the Airplanes currently only have about $14 million in cap space to... well to be blunt, get an entirely new offensive line.

Wouldn't he have to play one first? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2