DVDVR Message Board

August 2023 Wrestling Discussion

This had to be idk 5 or 6 years ago but I was in a mall Vegas with my mom we walked past a man that looked an awful lot like Jim Brown my mom was convinced it was Jim Brown but this man wearing an Orange shirt and in every people appearance I’ve ever seen of Jim Brown’s he was wearing a black shirt so I was convinced he wasn’t Jim Brown. I’m still not sure if it was Jim Brown or not. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

This had to be idk 5 or 6 years ago but I was in a mall Vegas with my mom we walked past a man that looked an awful lot like Jim Brown my mom was convinced it was Jim Brown but this man wearing an Orange shirt and in every people appearance I’ve ever seen of Jim Brown’s he was wearing a black shirt so I was convinced he wasn’t Jim Brown. I’m still not sure if it was Jim Brown or not. 

Just did a Google Image search so I could find a picture of Jim Brown in an orange shirt. Orange pants, orange hat, orange helmet. James Brown in an orange shirt. Jim Orange in a brown shirt. No Jim Brown in an orange shirt, not in a thousand images. Definitely wasn't him.

• Haha 3

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

Just did a Google Image search so I could find a picture of Jim Brown in an orange shirt. Orange pants, orange hat, orange helmet. James Brown in an orange shirt. Jim Orange in a brown shirt. No Jim Brown in an orange shirt, not in a thousand images. Definitely wasn't him.

I googled it too and there’s an orange t shirt  with Jim Browns image on it but no images of Jim Brown in an orange shirt. The man I saw had the bald head the mustache even the cane but that orange shirt I knew it wasn’t him. My mom was like I think that’s Jim Brown and I told her “it can’t be Jim Brown he’s not wearing a black t shirt”. She looked at me like I was crazy and I told her “Jim Brown wears a black shirt black pants black shoes”. She still thinks it was Jim Brown.

7 hours ago, Mister TV said:

I was in Las Vegas last week for a Roller Derby convention and on Sunday I was on the hotel elevator and Jimmy Hart got on, at first I was like "that dude looks like Jimmy Hart" and then I realized it was him! My god is his combover amazing!!!! He should do a Master Class or Ted Talk on it, I'm not really saying that in a joking way, it's an impressive site to behold. I didn't want to bother him so I just said hi when we got off the elevator, shortly after that when I was eating breakfast I saw him talking with Madusa, as she was leaving I told her I enjoyed her book and we chatted for a bit, the Cauliflower Alley Club was having their convention/banquet that night.

When I was telling Medusa that I coach Roller Derby she had a total look of "don't kayfabe me" when I explained that it's an on the level sport, I'm assuming there's no way to convince someone from the pro wrestling world that modern derby is as real as real can be. 

There is, but you have to take them, then you have to explain it to them, then you have to overcome their attention spans so they don't get bored.

(Rollercon is in August now? Huh.)

6 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

There is, but you have to take them, then you have to explain it to them, then you have to overcome their attention spans so they don't get bored.

(Rollercon is in August now? Huh.)

Just this year, they moved it from the Westgate/Las Vegas Convention Center to the Expo Center downtown, I guess the usual July dates were already booked, next year it’s July 10 to 13 at the Expo Center.

19 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Is he black like Barry White or white like Frank Black?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Strangely enough, he never didn't wear an orange helmet...

• Like 3

On 8/30/2023 at 9:09 AM, Mister TV said:

I was in Las Vegas last week for a Roller Derby convention and on Sunday I was on the hotel elevator and Jimmy Hart got on, at first I was like "that dude looks like Jimmy Hart" and then I realized it was him! My god is his combover amazing!!!! He should do a Master Class or Ted Talk on it, I'm not really saying that in a joking way, it's an impressive site to behold. I didn't want to bother him so I just said hi when we got off the elevator, shortly after that when I was eating breakfast I saw him talking with Madusa, as she was leaving I told her I enjoyed her book and we chatted for a bit, the Cauliflower Alley Club was having their convention/banquet that night.

When I was telling Medusa that I coach Roller Derby she had a total look of "don't kayfabe me" when I explained that it's an on the level sport, I'm assuming there's no way to convince someone from the pro wrestling world that modern derby is as real as real can be. 

It’s been like 2 decades and I still don’t believe that they decided to make it on the level.