DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

21 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I just got off the phone with Tony Khan and he says he needs YOUR help: he wants to build towards an all female Blood and Guts. Team Saraya vs Team DMD. Who do you have on each team? 

Aiming for 5 on 5, for Saraya's side you've got Saraya/Soho/Storm so far. You can add Madison Rayne turning on Skye Blue to that side (and Blue to DMD). Also Athena who ties in with Willow's feud on ROH and also was turned on by Soho if you think about it.

That leaves 5 vs 4, Jade would be the obvious AEW Original there for DMD's side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

So, is Sasha definitely not coming in, or what? 

I think we see her at Forbidden Door.

As for upcoming feuds, I think they should do MJF vs Page before MJF vs Cole. It's important for Cole to get some wins as a babyface against some heels. That can be Christian or Ethan Page or the Kingdom. Whereas Page should absolutely be the #1 contender right now. The eternal AEW problem is that you need beatable heels for either Jungle Boy or Ricky Starks to feud with.

• Like 2

In a purely rational world, Anna Jay would get revenge on Willow for nearly murdering her on that table spot, but I don't think you can turn either right now, let alone both. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Saraya/Toni Storm/Jamie Hayter/Britt Baker/Ruby Soho vs Giulia/Natsupio/AZM/Saya Kamitani/Starlight Kid!  DREAM A DREAM, DADDY!

For B&G? AZM, Natsupoi, Saya, & Kid all questionable choices, at least if you want violence. I would replace them with Tam, Momo, Natsuko, & Ruaka for violence.

So I think we can go outside of strictly invaders (so we can add Bunny). Also, we had two Blood and Guys matches so far, the first one was 5 on a team and the second was 6 on a team. That gives us some wiggle room. 

Team Heels:

Saraya, Toni Storm, Ruby Soho, Serena Deebs, Tay Conti, Anna Jay (or Athena, but I like he being a separate bully entity) and Bunny 

Team Faces:

Jamie Hayter, Brit Baker, Hikaru Shida, Willow Nightingale, Sky Blue (or Jade, but she can do a TBS Title match), and a returning Thunder Rosa. 

You have the faces win and then the two Champs face off holding their versions of the belts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

For B&G? AZM, Natsupoi, Saya, & Kid all questionable choices, at least if you want violence. I would replace them with Tam, Momo, Natsuko, & Ruaka for violence.

If Suzu isn't in this, then it isn't even worth doing.

1 hour ago, mystman said:

If Suzu isn't in this, then it isn't even worth doing.

Well I thought we were just talking Stardom wrestlers. If we are including Prominence or joshi in general you may as replace everyone with the Prominence crew and Rina Yamashita. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Well I thought we were just talking Stardom wrestlers. If we are including Prominence or joshi in general you may as replace everyone with the Prominence crew and Rina Yamashita. 

Rina let a person get color on her with what may have been a pocket knife at a Christmas themed show.

There is a picture I saw recently of her in an evening gown with the rest of the members of NOMADS (Miyuki Takase, Maya Yukihi, and Sumire Natsu).

That my friends is duality.

• Like 2

Ok, so past Wardlow vs Hobbs, they're also running back Cassidy vs Lethal. They're still cowards for not running Cassidy vs Jarrett. Great interaction between those two at the PPV.

Edit: they added JAS (Jericho/Sammy/Garcia) vs Fox/Top Flight, a fresh match.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 4

On 3/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, Octopus said:

I just got off the phone with Tony Khan and he says he needs YOUR help: he wants to build towards an all female Blood and Guts. Team Saraya vs Team DMD. Who do you have on each team? 

I don't know the health status of either, but a good angle would be to have Tay and Anna split where Anna sympathizes with the originals but has to keep it quiet because the JAS all loudly support the non-originals. Think lone liberal in a large conservative religious family. You know Jericho and Hager can play the part.

I think Athena fits best as the last heel, and Jade should absolutely be the difference-maker ace-in-the-hole for the face team.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Ok, so past Wardlow vs Hobbs, they're also running back Cassidy vs Lethal. They're still cowards for not running Cassidy vs Jarrett. Great interaction between those two at the PPV.

Ruby Soho versus Skye Blue, as well.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Hager vs AR Fox as a spin-off from all of this sounds exciting to me if this program has some legs to it.

Edited by porksweats

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Top Flight getting sucked into the Jericho Booking Vortex.

Don’t worry, I’m sure the JAS will be involved with the House of Black soon enough 😈

• Hobbs vs Wardlow
  • Orange vs Lethal
  • Guevara, Garcia & Jericho vs Fox, Martin & Martin
  • Moxley & Castagnoli vs Silver & Reynolds
  • Like 1

I mean if you are going to lose an AEW title everyone knows you are supposed to do it in a drunken haze at a restaurant.    these young kids today

By the way if people think this is a little harsh,   here is Samoa Joe to really pile on

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 4