• Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson vs Top Flight
  • Jamie Hayter and Dr Britt Baker DMD vs The Renegades 
  • Perro Peligroso IN ACTION
  • WE'LL HEAR FROM House of Black
  • TNT Championship: Darby Allin (c) vs Mike Bennett

Battle of the Belts V:

• All Atlantic Championship: Orange Cassidy (c) vs Kip Sabian
  • TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (c) vs Skye Blue
  • World Tag Team Championship - No Holds Barred: The Acclaimed (c) vs Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal
Edited by John from Cincinnati
New Rampage match
  • Like 1

Whatever the end game with Jade is, it feels like it’s coming soon. She’s wrestling a lot more frequently then she was for most of her reign. That’s going to be her 6th match in the last month, usually she has one or two 

Edited by elizium

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

I think you’ll find that’s a No Holds Borrowed match. That’s what they said on Dyno.

Four Holds Match, each team my use four pre selected holds, Something old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, elizium said:

Whatever the end game with Jade is, it feels like it’s coming soon. She’s wrestling a lot more frequently then she was for most of her reign. That’s going to be her 6th match in the last month, usually she has one or two 

My guess would be she wins #50 at Revolution and then they move on to the streak ending.

• Like 1

Gonna be at this one live. Let me tell you, Jeff Jarrett and Kip Sabian both having title matches at the first AEW show I'm attending is some monkey's paw bullshit. But it's impossible not to have fun at live wrestling and hyped to get to see Mox/Dragon and Hayter wrestle even if I'm predicting two squashes.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

hyped to get to see Mox/Dragon and Hayter wrestle even if I'm predicting two squashes.

I don't know, I get the sense that Mox really enjoys working with the Martins at the moment. I'd expect something in the same realm as the Top Flight-Mox/Claudio match from last week. 

• Like 5

Everything is backed up!  Haley, my oldest child, who gave me the Survival Tobita shirt for Christmas, took me n the sons to see M3ghan- and it's a hoot!  It is a combination of RoboCop, Deathlock the Demolisher and Polly Pocket.  Very good garbage.  WHOA! People showed up in Portland.  Dante Martin starts off CRAZY! Danielson starts off CRAZY!  Darius is laying it in!  Dante is SPECTACULAR!  Danielson is LAYING IT THE FUCK IN!  This match is FUCKING GREAT.  Man, Dante is taking an ass beating like a KING.  OH MAN,  MOX fucking CRUSHES Dante with a Piledriver while we are in picture in picture!  Man, they are beating the crowd into backing Dante's STRUGGLE to escape getting the LIVING DOGSHIT BEATEN OUT OF HIM.  Oh MAn, this match is fucking GREAT.  Darius and AmDrag beating the fuck out of each other is fucking AWESOME.  GREAT nearfall after GREAt nearfall after GREAT NEARFALL!  AND ANOTHER GREAT NEARFALL!  What a GREAT fucking wrestling match.  Jayzeus!  PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!   Hangman is INTENSE!  Britt Baler and Jamie motherfucking HAYTER beat the fudge out of the Robyn and Charlett, the Renegade Twins!  Man, this is the most violent episode of RAMPAGE ever!  Hayter makes Robyn look like a million bucks.  This is a mirror image of the first match.  Hayter/Baker are beating the Renegade Twins into looking like actual competition.  Hayter is the female version of AmDrag.  Hayter is fucking AWESOME in picture in picture, beating the hell out of a Renegade.  Charlett with the GREAT Spinebuster!  Charlett with the NICE Fisherman Buster Suplex!  That match was fucking GREAT.  Malakai Black versus Eddie Kingston will be awesome.  PERRO PELIGROSSO!  It's Sonico!  He doesn't last long!  POSTMATCH!  PERRO TAKES SONICO's MASK!  He's EVIL!  Oh cool!  It's Mike Bennett.  Bennett has been a true revelation on the indies before becoming part of Honor No More and now in AEW.  Darby Allin is awesome.  Bennett looks great in this.  SO MUCH VIOLENCE TONIGHT!  BENNETT DOES A VARIATION OF THE JD DRAKE MOVE!  Matt Taven takes a lunatic Tope by Darby!  Bennett with the psycho Russian Legsweep off the apron- with a move off the apron to the floor is HOUSE STYLE~! for AEW Main Events.  Mike Bennett is in between Trent Barretta and Dax Harwood- except not quite as exciting, but he can go.  DEATH VALLEY DRIVER by Bennett!  GREAT fucking submission segment by Bennett.  ALLIN WITH A COMPLETE LUNATIC RYDER KICK ONTO BENNETT sitting in a chair!  GREAT FUCKING PILEDRIVER by Bennett!  AVALANCHE CODERED!  COFFIN DROP!  THAT match was fucking GREAT!  What a fucking episode.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

EXTRA AEW~!  YES!  I don't think they are going to top THAT but let's watch, shall we? No DQ match in Portland is fucking awesome.  BUDDY ROSE!  MAD DOG MATT SAWYER!  Okay. the rolling Figure Four down the ramp is fucking great.  DOUBLE FARGO STRUTS!  Nice Lariat from Bowen.  CASTER GOES COMPLETELY BattlARTS!  AWESOME!  LETHAL CRUSHES A REF WITH A TOPROPE ELBOW!  Oh man, they have to go through five refs.  That would be awesome.  YES!  SATNAM CRUSHES POSEY!  TWO REFS DOWN!  Sanjay Dutt is a kinda ref!  THREE REFS DOWN!  That was fucking GREAT.  So goofy.  So fun. So fucking great.  Skye Blue!  Is going to get mauled by Jade Cargill!  And she is getting mauled by Jade!  Red Velvet shows up!  Is Red Velvet going to beat Jade and get the TBS title?  That would be odd.  They do have a history going back to Cargill's very first match.  Anyway, Jade is beating the crud out of Skye.  Skye makes a fun comeback!  Jade kills her with a Yakuza Kick!   Hey!  This match got GOOD!  CODE BLUE FOR TWO!  GREAT bizarro elaborate set up for the JADED!  Jade actually made Skye look like a killer.  Wild!  OH MAN!  TAY JAY vs Ruby and Willow in a streetfight sounds fucking awesome. It's Kip Sabian!  He is the Mike Bennett of this hour of Rampage- a good wrestler who has NO WAY of winning.  JANE!  Cassidy goes completely Lucha Libre by flying around the ring and then going differently Lucha Libre by beating the hell out of Sabian.  Sabian does a lot of tricked out offense that Cassidy bumps like a psycho to.  Picture in picture, Sabian beats on Cassidy and I will watch the International Feed to experience the actual psychology of the match.  SUPERPLEX TO COMEBACK by Cassidy!  SUDDENLY!  They book the heck out of this as the Butcher and the Blade attacks Danhausen!  This match got really good as Sabian hits a GREAT wad of offense.  I love how Sabian has Cassidy off his game before totally fucking killing him. DOUBLE ORANGE PUNCH!  Man!  That was fucking GREAT.  AEW COMPLETELY FUCKING RULES THE FUCKING WORLD.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Gonna be at this one live. Let me tell you, Jeff Jarrett and Kip Sabian both having title matches at the first AEW show I'm attending is some monkey's paw bullshit. But it's impossible not to have fun at live wrestling and hyped to get to see Mox/Dragon and Hayter wrestle even if I'm predicting two squashes.

Hope you had a great time, mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The entire show(s) were incredible. Top Flight vs. Combat Club was the greatest, though. The Martin brothers laying it in along with all the convoluted feints and offense was choice; may be the best sprint I've ever seen. You can't miss with this one, though. Even Jeff fucking Jarrett got me going. 

• Like 7

Just got back from this. What a fun time. AEW is a total party atmosphere, I love it. I got in a little after 6pm local time, just at the tail end of the first Dark match. 

Dark Spoilers:

Spoiler

Juice Robinson beat someone? The pinfall was happening right as I was taking my seat. Felt like a pretty quick match, half the arena was still filing in. 

Big Bill and Lee Moriarty beat the Voros/Davinki Twins in a quick squash.

Ruby Soho and Willow Nightingale beat Emi Sakura and friend. They aired a promo for Ruby/Willow vs Tay and Anna Jay in a Street Fight. That should be good. 

Powerhouse Hobbs beat local talent Jaiden. This dude has a following here and the fans were really behind him. Hobbs squashed him flat and beat him with a new(?) finisher. Torture Rack Slam. More of a reverse AA than a Burning Hammer but it looked cool.

Claudio and Yuta beat Butcher and The Blade. Yuta got the hot tag, crowd was molten for him. Fun quick match.

Mox/Dragon vs Top Flight was really fun. Super cool seeing those dudes live. Not much to say. Top Flight got more offense than I thought they would. The people seemed to get behind their comebacks. 

Jamie Hayter is over like rover here. Lots of DMD chants as well. Crowd really wasn't feeling the Renegade Twins comeback and it seemed weird to have them wrestle like the babyfaces but here we are. 

Preston Vance was there. He got a lot of boos. This was a great piss break opportunity and also gave me time to buy foam scissor fingers. 

Dunno if it showed up on TV but there was an audible "Fuck Matt Taven" chant in my section during the Rampage main event, well before he even interfered in the match. Darby is a big big star. The dude has an aura live.

There was also a much louder "Fuck Jeff Jarrett" chant which Jeff actually sold on the apron. I'm curious if either of those ended up on TV. That Acclaimed Jarrett match was so hot. Wonderfully overbooked. The people love Aubrey. Satnam is HUGE in person. So is Billy Gunn, but I already knew that. I can't believe in the year 2023 I actually lost my voice yelling at a Jeff Fucking Jarrett match. Pro wrestling is great. 

Not much to say about the Jade match. Red Velvet standing on the ramp the entire match really distracted the crowd and they didn't seem too into the match (also it was late and we were all burned out from the Acclaimed match) but that transition into Jaded was so hype. 

Main was kind of there. I was pretty wiped out by then. The same group of guys who started the "Fuck Matt Taven" chant were also big fans of Kip Sabian. At one point during a Kip Sabian control segment I yelled "Let's go OC! Send his ass back to Hot Topic" and one of the Kip Sabian fan's girlfriends laughed at that, so if I created a fissure in their relationship then I'll consider that mission accomplished. Danhausen was doing the Pee Wee Herman dance off camera, so that was fun. 

Afterward Tony Khan came out and thanked everyone, said that AEW would definitely be back to Portland. Then he said to stick around because there would be another hour of Dark tapings. I respectfully declined Tony's offer.

AEW is a ton of fun live. Definitely gonna go again next time they swing through the PNW. 

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5