Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK TWO


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

 

 

Bama/Texas this week.  It's fun hearing 80,000 people go dead silent 5 minutes into the 1st quarter. 

Hey, that’s going to be 108,000 people, get it right!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pat McAfee has joined College Gameday as a full time member

He is still gonna do Smackdown so yes - he is basically gonna fly overnight every Friday night/Sat morning to where ever Gameday is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

He is still gonna do Smackdown so yes - he is basically gonna fly overnight every Friday night/Sat morning to where ever Gameday is

That could get fun to pull off the closer we get to winter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I remember when I was young and willing to stupid travel things like that

It sounds like WWE is letting him not do Smackdown during football season. HHH posted the following:
 

 

Edited by Chaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 12:31 PM, Chaos said:

It sounds like WWE is letting him not do Smackdown during football season. HHH posted the following:
 

 

Meltzer said MacAfee intended to call Smackdown then fly to the Gameday sites and WWE made the call to release him from his contractual obligations until football was over.  It would be nuts to even try that.

I’d kinda like to see him moved to RAW till January but then he basically spends twice as many days on the road each week.  Thwt doesn’t seem great for his health and family either.  

Edited by madl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, madl said:

Meltzer said MacAfee intended to call Smackdown then fly to the Gameday sites and WWE made the call to release him from his contractual obligations until football was over.  It would be nuts to even try that.

I’d kinda like to see him moved to RAW till January but then he basically spends twice as many days on the road each week.  Thwt doesn’t seem great for his health and family either.  

Doesn't Michael Strahan do something similar with his football/GMA stuff during the season? I swear at one point, he was doing Fox's football stuff on Sunday evening in LA and GMA on Monday morning in NYC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Log said:

Doesn't Michael Strahan do something similar with his football/GMA stuff during the season? I swear at one point, he was doing Fox's football stuff on Sunday evening in LA and GMA on Monday morning in NYC.

I assume the issue with McAfee is how to travel with all of his blow.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Log said:

Doesn't Michael Strahan do something similar with his football/GMA stuff during the season? I swear at one point, he was doing Fox's football stuff on Sunday evening in LA and GMA on Monday morning in NYC.

FOX's football stuff also finishes earlier than Smackdown would for McAfee. Also, Pat probably would need to participate in some pre-production meetings for Gameday. Smackdown he's very open about the fact that he more or less "just shows up." 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I assume the issue with McAfee is how to travel with all of his blow.

Travel with it? What is this the 2000's? 

Besides, you don't get to be at the level McAfee is at without having connections for blow (or anything else) in pretty much any city you go to. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping to see J.J. definitively grab the starting QB job. Michigan's ceiling is just so much higher with him (the problem has been that the floor was much lower with him as well, but I'm hoping he's cleaned that up.)

Cade is smart and tough but he's never going to be somebody who can just go out and beat a good team by force of talent, and Michigan needs the offense to be good enough to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feels like Texas needs the A&M script from last year to win this game: the game plan has to hit 100%, need to win special teams, and hope Bama makes some big mistakes. If all that happens, they have a chance to win a shootout at home, just like A&M did. And I think Sark is a better offensive schemer than Jimbo is at this point, and Texas has a lot more elite offensive talent than A&M did last year.

All that is to say that I think the Longhorns have a better chance in this game than most seem to be giving them credit for.

All that said…the game plan HAS to hit on early downs. I thought Ewers looked good in the quick/RPO/PA game against ULM, but he was processing REAL slow in the drop back game. And the game is going to get a hell of a lot quicker today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad to see Lee Corso not only lose his fastball but his curve and slider and as well.   Luckily McAfee more than makes up for it.   

Probably a stupid question but does CBS own any rights to SEC games anymore.  Doesn't seem like based on the first 2 weeks.   I understand why this game is on Fox since they are at Texas and show a ton of Big 12. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Sad to see Lee Corso not only lose his fastball but his curve and slider and as well.   Luckily McAfee more than makes up for it.   

Probably a stupid question but does CBS own any rights to SEC games anymore.  Doesn't seem like based on the first 2 weeks.   I understand why this game is on Fox since they are at Texas and show a ton of Big 12. 

 

Yes, CBS still had the SEC this year. They just usually don’t start airing the games until week 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...