DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 7/22/2022

The Natural

Really hoping Daniels-Lethal gets the Main for more hilarity from the golden trio of Satnam, Sonjay and Lethal. I also hope after Daniels does this job he stops with this horseshit babyface sidekick routine. He needs a new Prophecy in the new ROH. Seems to me his on camera value would increase exponentially as a heel wrestler/manager. 

• Like 3

Sorry I'm late!  I had to watch Smackdown and see EVERYBODY get worked!  Vince isn't retiring, you marks.  The Butcher has the GREATEST BOOTS IN NORTH AMERICA!  HE is only bested by Check Shimatami in GLEAT because Shimatami has 1/3 more tassels.  John Silver is immediately beaten on by the Butcher and the Blade until Silver hits a vertical suplex and Hangman Page is a crazy Robert Gibson!  JR calls a TOPE!  Butcher beats on Hangman and I'm wondering if they handed out shark heads and fins before the show.  Butcher beats the living dogshit out of Hangman in picture in picture.  Hangman forearms to offense but is cut off by Blade raking the eyes!  Hangman makes HOT TAG NUMBER TWO!  Blade is spewing blood!  YAAAAY!  BLOOD!  I think the Young Bucks came up with the finish of the match because it had like 25 steps.  That was FUN!  Awwwww, poor Jonathan Gresham.  Claudio is going to slaughter him.  Wardlow is fun on the STICK~!  Will Matt Sydel turn on Lee Moriarty tonight?  Or will he wait a few weeks?  This is workratetastic!  I await the INTERNATIONAL FEED instead of having to watch this fucking picture in picture like a total RUBE.  In picture in picture,  Moriarty channels Super Delfin and applies the Pumphandle Arm Dislocator!  He then sinks in the armbar!  Stokely Hathaway comes out!  Sydel HAS to turn on Moriarty!  Moriarty applies a SWEET Border City Stretch!  Dante Martin hits a NICE Tequila Sunrise Side Slam!  I've never actually seen that before!  MORIARTY CHEATS TO WIN!  Matt Sydell TURNS ON MORIARTY AFTER MORIARTY TURNS HEEL!  YAAAAY!  PUT THE BELT ON HIM!  Britt Baker and Jamie motherfucking Hayter!  Hayter and Skye Blue are battling it out for the position of the NEW BADDIE!  Oh man, Baker and Hayter are fucking GREAT as a heel tagteam.  Baker auditioning for the Blackpool Combat Club is truly awesome.  Ashley D'Ambroise is FINALLY a house a-fire!  Man, they beat the fuck out of young Ashley.  Hayter is FUCKING AWESOMe CRUSHING D'Ambroise with a Rolling Elbow to the back of the head. HEY TK!  WE NEED WOMEN'S TAG BELTS.  AND YOU NEED TO PUT THEM ON BAKER AND HAYTER.  That was fucking GREAT.  They are pushing Ari Daivari?  Okay.  I stopped following the rap music after Digital Underground because it wouldn't get any better than that.  DOO-WATCHA-LIKE!  See a guy you like, just grabbem in the biscuits!  These kids with their flow!  I RIP THE HEAD OFF THE DEVIL AND I THROW IT AT YOU!  I'm trying to get my hands around the throat of the man with the whip!  It's Jay Lethal versus Christopher Daniels!  Awesome!  It's Caprice Coleman!  I actually think Coleman is better than the IMPACT! commentary crew.  Daniels still moves pretty well for an old fella.  He is bumping like it's twenty years ago to get Lethal over.  Yeah, this is an extended Lethal squash.  We await the Daniels moonsault.  This is perfectly fine.  No moonsault?  Booooo!  Postmatch, Satnam Singh Gorilla Slams Daniels and Lethal procures the Sleeper.  The best match was the women's squash- which was fucking awesome.  Everything else was good but nothing mindblowing.  So it was good to just watch some wrestling without being fried by the end.  Next week, hopefully we are back to being completely fried with insane wrestling.  AEW RULES THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't know about you guys but this streak of The Butcher And The Blade being back on TV has easily been their best run yet and I eagerly await Bunny getting thrown into the mix.

Moving to the women's match, the squash was the best hands down. Hayter and Baker make a really strong team and not only did we get Skye Blue back, we got the big TV debut of D'Amboise who has been on Dark and Elevation for over a year now (and killing it) and she took one hellacious beating. Hayter's backbreaker at the end was something else.

• Like 4

The “I’ll beat the shit out if everyone” promo from Wardlow is one the most honest and to the point promo I’ve ever heard. It’s how I imagine any real promo would go.

I’m not a fan of Rampage sort of becoming a ROH back door pilot recently. The talent and matches are decent but the crowd is usually dead and it just comes off as unexciting. I get they want to keep ROH alive and promote the PPV but the crowd seems indifferent and it’s killed my enjoyment of Rampage a bit lately.

So Britt and Hayter seem to have more team moves now, TayJay are friends again, Thunder Storm is a thing, the Baddies exist, etc. Why the fuck is there not a Womens Tag Title yet to give all these ladies something to aim for?

That last lariat from Hayter was a thing of beauty.

The rap battle delivered, Caster actually was pretty good when he started getting aggressive instead of silly.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

I think the Young Bucks came up with the finish of the match because it had like 25 steps. 

All Silver/Reynolds matches have finishing stretches like that too. On the other hand I’ve heard interviews with Silver… maybe he’s just a savant. 

• Like 2

My bad not expecing that rap battle to be directed towards the teen portion of the key demo. Just awful! I hoped for more than two dudes stumbling along with adolescent diss rhymes, or at least one of them. Could they not, at the very least, have played a beat!? Ugh! I gotta take a look at that well loved Britt/Jamie squash. I only skimmed this episode, but probably need to see a commercial free Dante-Moriarty. Pleased to see Lethal/Dutt/Satnam get some more promo time. Lethal's improved mic game has truly elevated his already strong ring work. Babyface Daniels continues to be a complete 'geek'. New HEEL ROH Prophecy pretty please! Other than his (shaking off the script style dust) Hager promo, I'd yet to hear Claudio work the mic (never heard from whomever that Cesaro guy was). The rumblings were he wasn't up to snuff in this department and why he wasn't pushed under Predator McMahon. Not to say this was a great promo, but he seemed comfortable and capable. Less successful was that shitty Ari Davari video. Not the first time a wrestling Introduction video has featured lackluster footage cut in a 'edgy' music video style with little said about who we're being introduced to. Oh wait, I see he's rich! That said, I've liked Davari thus far and very interested in this team with Slim J. Bring on the Cheeseburger!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Son of a bitch! Austin Gunn faired much better in the rap battle than I would have expected, but holy shit did he still get owned, bad! Also, did the ROH ppv just bloat into another 4h monstrosity, just like the typical AEW ppv? Wow, that will be a challenge, in a few hours!