DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/28 - 3/5/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Man, that was a lot of good wrestling.  I can't decide which I liked more- Seth freakin Rollins/Kevin Owens versus Chad Gable/Otis or the six-woman tag.  They gave both matches a lot of time to develop and both built to a fun crescendo.  Kevin Owens is awesome but I think I dug the ladies match more.  I like the dynamics of Rhea Ripley kind of sitting there to take over the match and beat people up.  Double D is awesome.  I like Bianca Belair but the hair as a bullwhip is just goofy.  Your secondary good matches were Finn Balor versus Damian Priest and the Street Prophets versus Matt Riddle and Randy Orton.  Did Orton get legit hurt?  The ending seemed kinda fucked up.  Finn Balor is good and Damien Priest looked as good tonight as he did as Punishment Rodriguez in ROH.  Man, Edge has a hard face to look at.  That segment with AJ Styles, at least, was very violent.  BRAVO, WWE!  You put on a good show!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Did Orton get legit hurt?  The ending seemed kinda fucked up.  

If he didn't, boy did he let them have it after the match. You could literally see Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins disappear and Ken Crawford and Gary Gordon take their place. 

22 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Did Orton get legit hurt?  The ending seemed kinda fucked up. 

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If he didn't, boy did he let them have it after the match. You could literally see Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins disappear and Ken Crawford and Gary Gordon take their place. 

Looked nasty.

Just now, Jamal said:

Dug the six ladies tag with Becky continuing to abuse the braid until Bianca just had enough. 

Sasha Banks kept doing that in her great WrestleMania XXXVII main event vs. Bianca Belair and boy did Bianca make her pay:

02:10.

• Like 2

WWE realizing the past 4-6 weeks that they have a good-great tag division has been nice to see. Feels like the most focus the division has gotten in a long while.

Seth/Owens vs. AA was good, but that six-women tag was great. I loved all the hair stuff paying off with Bianca whipping Becky worse than she did Sasha at Wrestlemania. 

Nice to see Finn hold a belt again. Too bad it isn't the world title instead. The match with Priest was good. Skipped most of the heel turn though that crucifix powerbomb on the table was nasty.

Skipped RKBro vs. Profits. Only caught Orton holing his shoulder and ribs. Hope he didn't get injured.

Skipped most the Edge/AJ stuff. Its nice to see them presented as a big match, but my interest isn't too strong. I probably will at least enjoy the end product come Wrestelmania.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Nice to see Finn hold a belt again. Too bad it isn't the world title instead. The match with Priest was good. Skipped most of the heel turn though that crucifix powerbomb on the table was nasty.

Poor Finn.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Sasha Banks kept doing that in her great WrestleMania XXXVII main event vs. Bianca Belair and boy did Bianca make her pay:

02:10.

Watching this again now made me realize that spot is fantastic, but unless Sasha is legit hurt by it, it should go pull, whip, sell, KOD, new champ.   No counter/reversal/counter was needed there, especially because that's the end.   

It's entirely on the agent to edit that, and it's a nitpick on an otherwise great match. 

• Like 2

Lash Legend certainly looks formidable. If she is able to put the pieces together, she could be a problem. Kinda interested in her Vs Lyons. 

I like Amari Miller and Wendy Choo. As stated before, I have no idea how or if Wendy would ever translate on the main roster. But I dig her here. 

Cora/Raquel Vs Yulisa/Valentina was a bit of a chaotic mess but I still dug it. 

Just watching this NXT now because VCU had to beat the living dogshit out of St Bonaventure.  Maaan, that Ziggler/Roode vs Breakker/Ciampa match was a hoot.   That was about as Southern as a tag match can get. If Ziggler and Roode has hit a Divorce Court, it would have  transported me to the Richmond Coliseum in 1988.  I haven't watched Robert Roode in like six years.  He's awesome.   I'm astounded at Wendy Choo.  She is the nouvelle El Gran Naniwa.  Lash Legend reminds me of someone.... I can't put my finger on it.  Solo Sikoa took an assbeating like a MAN.  That short clothesline by GUNTHER was fucking beautiful.  SO MUCH PUMPED IN CROWD NOISE!  Cora Jade/Raquel Gonzalez vs Valentina Feroz/ Yulisa Leon was pretty balls out.  Feroz/Leon are the new, slightly poorer man's version of Kasey and Kaden!  Carmelo Hayes vs Peter Dunne was good.  Hayes is all smooth in the ring.  Dunne lays it in.  That's a fun clash of styles.  Carmelo Hayes is the best wrestler in NXT?  BRAVO, WWE!  You put on a good show!

• Like 1

Ciampa/Bron vs. DD was good.

Indi/Persia vs. Wendy/Dakota was fun.

GUNTHER/Solo was probably Solo's best match so far in NXT.

Raquel/Cora vs. Leon/Ferroz was a good mess. Leon & Ferroz just went for broke on everything and never slowed down. I so hope we see more of them.

Hayes/Dunne was good as expected.

• Like 1

Roadblock is back as a tv special. Short-lived ppv name for two ppvs in 2016.

Reportedly WWE internally has Ricochet as the number 2 babyface of Smackdown. While Drew is number 1. The New Day and Shinsuke/Boogs are all listed as tag teams guys internally.

Edited by Blue Dragon