DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2021 - WEEK TEN

Pete

• Pete pinned this topic

If you had told me back at the start of the year that I would be basically tuning out on my team by November, I would have thought you were being silly. And yet here we are, November 1 and I'm already anticipating Texas barely sliding into yet another Alamo Bowl appearance and missing on the elite recruits at every position of need.

Frees up my Saturdays at least.

Edited by JLowe

7 hours ago, Robert C said:

The first half of the Oklahoma game must seem a million years ago to Sarkisian right about now

To all Texas fans. Three straight blown double digit first half leads.

And speaking of a million years ago, I didn't remember that the guy that Patterson replaced at TCU was Dennis Franchione.  There's a name I thankfully haven't hadn't heard in forever.  Remember that time he turned down a ten year contract and bolted Alabama to lead A&M further into the wilderness than it already was during Slocum's last years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

And one stripper monkey. 

I took a break from Texas football (and most sports) after the Baylor letdown so I am just learning of this situation today and woooo boy! I was very familiar with the Pole Assassin and her monkey, but not the weekend mishap.

Cincy at 6 is a great opening position for them. They still have their top conference opponents ahead of them, and it looks like Notre Dame is going 11-1. Lots of opportunity for them to improve their situation.

I have no words for Bama at 2.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Reminder: Cincy started at #7 last year, kept winning while two loss teams kept jumping them.

They could beat Georgia and Alabama, on the road, on back-to-back days, by 30 points each and still not move up to the top 4.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EVA said:

Also CUSA is adding Liberty (because they are that desperate) and New Mexico State, as well as Sam Houston State and Jacksonville State, coming up from FCS.

Which is weird because the last two schools literally just jumped to new conferences (WAC and ASUN respectively).