DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 8/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I hope Kushida is ok but him not being able to wrestle ended up being a positive as Roddy/Ilya was a banger.

MSK/Imperium deserved to be at least 10 minutes longer and on Takeover, but I guess they need to free up space for the KOR/Cole epic.

Dragunov/Strong was good. Wonder when Ilja busted his head open. I just noticed blood pouring on Strong's back late in.

Dug the parking brawl between Hit Row & Legado del Fantasma.

Dug the mixed tag and general InDex shenanigans. Loved how Beth acted throughout the whole thing including the proposal. 

The Raquel/Dakota interview was alright. Neither really feels like a face going in which I'm ok with.

MSK/Imperium was good and I echo earlier comments that it deserved to be on Takeover.

Ending brawl between Joe and Kross was fine. Was neat seeing Joe dive once again.

I need to I need to think about how I like the In-Dex story compared to the Roman stuff on SD.  But it's by far my favorite story in NXT by leaps and bounds.  They take the guy FKA Samuel Shaw and have him be so great doing subtle reactions.  They  end up being funnier than if he were to say anything.  Then there's Indi who's acting in this is far better her wrestling and Beth just wanting to let love rule.  She's been improving on commentary beforehand but she's been fantastic throughout all this.  Put them together and you have quite a story going on.

But I do have one nagging question I can't get past.  I know it could simply be "Because WWE" but if Dexter lost the "Lover her or lose her match" and he officially lost her then why are they still allowed to be together?  I mean I love the whole thing but it made the match and stip meaningless as a result.  It doesn't hurt the overall vibe much but Johnny could have lost and it wouldn't have hurt him one bit.

17 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I need to I need to think about how I like the In-Dex story compared to the Roman stuff on SD.  But it's by far my favorite story in NXT by leaps and bounds.  They take the guy FKA Samuel Shaw and have him be so great doing subtle reactions.  They  end up being funnier than if he were to say anything.  Then there's Indi who's acting in this is far better her wrestling and Beth just wanting to let love rule.  She's been improving on commentary beforehand but she's been fantastic throughout all this.  Put them together and you have quite a story going on.

But I do have one nagging question I can't get past.  I know it could simply be "Because WWE" but if Dexter lost the "Lover her or lose her match" and he officially lost her then why are they still allowed to be together?  I mean I love the whole thing but it made the match and stip meaningless as a result.  It doesn't hurt the overall vibe much but Johnny could have lost and it wouldn't have hurt him one bit.

I'm guessing the stipulation called for Lumis to stop pursuing Indi if he lost. When he did, it was Indi who took it upon herself to make the deciding move. I mean, what was NXT going to do? Fire Lumis for not adhering to the stipulation? Would seem kinda hypocritical after Kross has been allowed to raise all kinds of hell and until he assaulted Regal, pretty much was going unpunished. Also, maybe Regal thought a stipulation like that was kinda nonsense anyway, and not really worth his time to try and uphold, given the aforementioned Kross situation and other, more pressing matters (Cole-KOR etc.)

• Thanks 1

Okay, I see now.  I was under the impression it meant they couldn't be together at all if he lost so I missed that part of it.  I still would not do the stip if they were gonna be together anyway but regardless I love all this too much to let it damper my enjoyment.

The stip was the Garganos' idea, not an official stip Regal was going to enforce.  I thought the idea was that Indi and Lumis would voluntarily stay away from each other if Lumis lost, but I dunno.  I probably just put more thought into the idea than WWE did.

On Observer Radio, they suggested that the payoff to this angle should be Indi and Lumis getting married in the ring and Lumis finally speaking his first words in NXT when he gets to the altar and says "I do".  Alvarez thought they should build up the suspense for a couple weeks over whether or not Lumis will actually speak and say the words.

I want to say it's a terrible idea but it would probably be better than what they actually do. 

Edited by Eoae