DVDVR Message Board

The Miami Dolphins Dumpster Fire Thread

Ryan

Ok, 80% of 32 is 25.6.  So let's round that up to 26.  Here's 7 teams off the top of my head that Spiller wouldn't start for:

Washington

Philadelphia

Minnesota

Seattle

San Francisco

Denver

Kansas City

First off, cross Washington off that list, but 80 percent equals about the sixth, seventh best back in football, which is just about right. . .

Yeah, no way in hell that Spiller is better than Alfred Morris.  Remember, Alf was second in rushing last year and third in Offensive ROTY.  And he's running even better this year despite the Shannys mishandling of the offense at times.

By .3 yards a carry and more than a 100 more receptions. . .

Yeah, no way in hell that Spiller is better than Alfred Morris.  Remember, Alf was second in rushing last year and third in Offensive ROTY.  And he's running even better this year despite the Shannys mishandling of the offense at times.

While splitting time with Fred Jackson no less. . .

I love that the Bills suck so much they can't even get their own dumpster fire thread - they have to take over the Dolphins one.

Well its been a relatively quiet stretch, as who really cares that Martin met with the Shield on Friday? Really think that SD-Miami should be national, only because DIerdorf's commentary on the situation would seem to be required viewing. . .

And Alf split carries with RG3. RG3 was the 20th leading rusher in 2012. Fred Jackson was tied for 39th

Alf - 1613 yards, 100.8 per game, 13 TDs

Spiller - 1244 yards, 77.8 per game, 6 TDs

It's great that Spiller gets catches. That's the offense the Bills run. The Skins never thrown to their RBs. Last year all their RBs combined had 44 receptions

I am assuming we are totally ignoring this season because the numbers are even more in Morris' favor

God - now I have to take a shower from defending a Skin

And Alf split carries with RG3. RG3 was the 20th leading rusher in 2012. Fred Jackson was tied for 39th

It's great that Spiller gets catches. That's the offense the Bills run. The Skins never thrown to their RBs. Last year all their RBs combined had 44 receptions

I am assuming we are totally ignoring this season because the numbers are even more in Morris' favor

Alright, I give up. But given the disparity in receiving, I would say they are almost equal. . .and no I'm not defending CJ's shit season. . . though he could still get 1000 yards(and pigs can grow wings). . .

Alright, I give up. But given the disparity in receiving, I would say they are almost equal. . .and no I'm not defending CJ's shit season. . . though he could still get 1000 yards(and pigs can grow wings). . .

10 carries, 6 yards. Spiller is worse than MRSA.

EDIT: I was looking wrong, it was 13 carries for 6 yards. That's slightly less than .5 ypc, a foot and a half.

I now loathe the Bills because of how badly CJ ruined my fantasy season. I hate them almost as much as the Falcons.

10 carries, 6 yards. Spiller is worse than MRSA.

EDIT: I was looking wrong, it was 13 carries for 6 yards. That's slightly less than .5 ypc, a foot and a half.

I now loathe the Bills because of how badly CJ ruined my fantasy season. I hate them almost as much as the Falcons.

Hey I could have told you that drafting CJ that high was bad. . .He's very frustrating sometimes, but in terms of talent, he's as high as I said. . .but games like that don't help.

Not that I'm not happy that this thread has turned into "LOLbills!"   

But Jonathan Martin showed up at the Stanford-USC game this weekend:  

Martin.gif

This was roughly the nicest tweet I found from Dolphins fans:

Jonathan Martin at the USC Stanford game, watching, he's still getting paid.

Everything else involved more than a few pejoratives, a few questions about Mr. Martin's sexuality, and more than a couple of wishes for great harm to come to him.

And those were just from me. 

[EDIT] Oh, and Dolphins players are meeting with the NFL investigator this week.  He expects to get zero cooperation from them because the NFL has made it clear that  everything they say will be made public and names will be attributed to all quotes. 

• Like 1

Yup, Damn Martin for not acting like he's in a Zoloft commercial and sitting around staring off into the distance writing Emo poetry if he's depressed.  

Not that I have a horse in the race and don't think both parties are at fault in this, but the "Martin's faking it because he seemed happy hanging out at a Stanford game" line of thinking that came out since saturday is fucking BS.  He *could* be faking it, but if you go off of just this, you don't have a fucking clue how Depression works.

Yup, Damn Martin for not acting like he's in a Zoloft commercial and sitting around staring off into the distance writing Emo poetry if he's depressed.  

Not that I have a horse in the race and don't think both parties are at fault in this, but the "Martin's faking it because he seemed happy hanging out at a Stanford game" line of thinking that came out since saturday is fucking BS.  He *could* be faking it, but if you go off of just this, you don't have a fucking clue how Depression works.

Just for complete clarification... I am completely joking about tweeting anything bad about him.  I personally want this situation over.  Incognito, Martin, the OL coach, (maybe) Philbin and GM Ireland all gone.  Just so the Dolphins can get on with their season.  

Martin has a ton of personal issues to deal with and I personally feel a career in the NFL is not the best place to deal with those issues. If his depression issues are as bad as he is intimating then it's very good he's getting out... but at the end of the day, he's still fucked over my team badly.  And since I have no personal relationship with the man other than "he wears the uniform for the team I support", he can kindly fuck off and deal with issues far the fuck away from my team. 

That's just my opinion though.

Wasn't really aimed at you, Dolfan, I just saw and listened to on the radio people calling fake on Martin solely because he was on the Stanford sidelines.  It was more me bitching at other people.

I know you're a better human than that.

So I know that the PC world live in thinks Brett Favre is an idiot. But damn at his comments about the Dolphins.

He's worse than that and I was a fan of him for over a decade.

Or maybe Cavemen (who are not on this board obviously), the guy has had a shitty couple of weeks, and went to a place where he could get some positive vibes and be around people who care about him, and have some fun at his alma mater. . . and I don't blame any fan of the Dolphins for wanting everyone involved to shut up and go away(strictly on a non-personal basis). . .

• Like 1