Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2021 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.


Tabe
 Share

Recommended Posts

NICE! If you haven't played Wreckfest, you're in for a treat. I bought it on the PC when it was in early access and I really, really dug the hell out of it. The races themselves felt a little too easy, but the destruction derby stuff was fun as hell. It being on the PS5 AND being free on PS+ is awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wreckfest technically isn't a PS5 game until the update drops on June 1st, unless I missed something and they're releasing that upgrade early.

But I'm perfectly fine with another car game and Stranded Deep. Don't really care about Battlefield V. I'll claim it, because why not, but I doubt I'll ever install it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Wreckfest technically isn't a PS5 game until the update drops on June 1st, unless I missed something and they're releasing that upgrade early.

But I'm perfectly fine with another car game and Stranded Deep. Don't really care about Battlefield V. I'll claim it, because why not, but I doubt I'll ever install it.

From what I read elsewhere, this is the upgraded PS5 version. If you don't have PS+ and want to purchase it, then it won't be available for that until June 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll grab Wreckfest for my inevitible upgrade.  I played Battlefield V through my EA Pass and it isn't anything special, just another in a line of FPS'.  Been thinking about getting Stranded Deep so getting for free is aces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently digging the hell outta WRECKFEST!

And the races are fun as hell, you can go from 1st to last in seconds n vice versa if there's a huge wreck. I've just started but the Demolition Derby stuff is great, riding lawnmower races, living room couch races....I hope the career mode is as cool as it should be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Days Gone is good, but it's your pretty standard open world fare, but with zombies. And if your motorcycle runs out of gas, you have to go find some to fill it back up. Which can be dangerous. I played it on PS4, spent maybe like $15 on a used copy, and only got maybe 5 hours in before my attention got turned elsewhere and I forgot about it. I think it's pretty basic, but I know some of my IRL friends love the fuckin' game.

18 hours ago, damnnearfonzie said:

I'm currently digging the hell outta WRECKFEST!

And the races are fun as hell, you can go from 1st to last in seconds n vice versa if there's a huge wreck. I've just started but the Demolition Derby stuff is great, riding lawnmower races, living room couch races....I hope the career mode is as cool as it should be.

Career mode is just a league of different types of races. So take all of the races you've already done in the game apparently, but then slap "Career Mode" onto it and that's what you get. Online multiplayer is where it's at, honestly.

Oh, and Stranded Deep fucking sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reminder that you have till 11 pm EST TONIGHT to grab Horizon Zero Dawn for free via Playstation's Play at Home deal

Then starting on May 17 they will offer in game stuff for the following games

  • Rocket League
  • Brawlhalla
  • Destruction AllStars
  • MLB The Show 21
  • NBA 2K21
  • Rogue Company
  • World of Tanks
  • Warframe
  • Call of Duty: Warzone (Starts May 20)

And then that is it for the year with the promotion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know we have discussed how Nintendo is always ten years behind on things but this Switch Online new game line-up is so bad, especially considering they just do a drop every few months now:

Caveman Ninja: Joe & Mac
Magical Drop 2
Super Baseball Simulator 1.000
Spanky’s Quest
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun

Its one thing to be stubborn about Earthbound but they have such a massive catalog and still haven't added most of their bigger games, four years later. Its very Nintendo. But hey, we can finally play Spanky's Quest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Operation Tango looks really cool but I don't know how much I'll play a game that requires mic'd co op. Remaking VF5 from the ground up in an engine that has, other than Judgment, produced some sloppy and frustrating fighting doesn't sound great but I'll certainly give it a try. Squadrons is good but I have it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2021 at 2:51 PM, RIPPA said:

In honor of Pride Month - Tell Me Why is free on XBOX, Windows and Steam

 

I don't even know if my laptop can handle this game but I've been wanting to try it, since I'm a huge Life is Strange fan, so I booted up Steam for the first time in years and downloaded this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Xenoblade Chronicles is on sale right now and I thought about it but there's no way I can put that many hours into something I can't play with a kid right now. Maybe in a few years. My time is 100% a zero-sum situation currently. If I'm doing this, I'm not only ignoring someone in my household, but I'm also monopolizing the switch and maybe the TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Xenoblade Chronicles is on sale right now and I thought about it but there's no way I can put that many hours into something I can't play with a kid right now. Maybe in a few years. My time is 100% a zero-sum situation currently. If I'm doing this, I'm not only ignoring someone in my household, but I'm also monopolizing the switch and maybe the TV.

#1 argument against having kids ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...