DVDVR Message Board

2021 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

Tabe

I've been waiting for both the Contra and Castlevania collections to go on sale for $4.99 on the playstation for a while now (to match the PC sale price it's been receiving previously) as it's the only legit way to get the Genesis entries in each series.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sony is bringing back the Play At Home program (this was the thing last year that provided Journey and the Nathan Drake Collection)

Starting in March and running through at least June

March game is Ratchet & Clank

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So, this is the year PS+ gets the good games and Games with Gold gets screwed?

Isn't that been the last few years?

I mean I think I have gotten maybe 2 games in the last 2 years via GWG

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Isn't that been the last few years?

I mean I think I have gotten maybe 2 games in the last 2 years via GWG

I mean, the first half of last year was pretty shit for PS+.

EDIT: Yeah, scratch that, I don't know what I was remembering, I can't call the entire Uncharted and BioShock series and Shadow of Colossus a shit 1st half.  It was the first half of 2019 that was questionable with only really Hitman being a high point until June when we started getting AAA titles again.

Edited by Raziel

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I want to complain that Ratchet & Clank is the Play At Home game, but then again, I have a PS5 and it's a part of that huge PS+ Collection, so I guess I can't.

Yeah I hear you, same here but I also got it bundled for free when I bought my PS4 however many years ago. I can't imagine there's a hell of a lot of people who don't already have it, really. still there are so many good games coming out with PS plus anyways that complaining about this one doesn't seem worth it. Hell, maybe we will get a next-gen upgrade patch at some point soon. 

9 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Speaking of PS+, kinda weird we didn't get an announcement for March games today. Meanwhile tomorrow is State Of Play, sooooooo maybe a big awesome announcement? Hopefully? Fingers crossed? 

Rumor is that Kena: Bridge of Spirits might be the PS+ game for March, but... that's just a rumor.

• Like 1

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for March 2021

Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade.

Edited by kenyabaxterZXW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Well I now have a difficult choice to make, since I'd like to play this in 60fps on my PS5. Fuck.

Do you have a disc drive PS5? The FFVIi PS4 copy looks like it can easily be found $30-40 new, let alone used. The other option is waiting until next month and seeing if they give a price for the PS5 upgrade for people who got it on Plus. 

Edited by christopher.annino

15 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Do you have a disc drive PS5? The FFVIi PS4 copy looks like it can easily be found $30-40 new, let alone used. The other option is waiting until next month and seeing if they give a price for the PS5 upgrade for people who got it on Plus. 

I liked the aesthetic of the digital version, so... yeah. That's the one I have. I'll probably just bite the bullet and pay for the upgrade because I have no self control.

• Like 1

Hrmm, this is the first month in a little bit where I won't be getting anything from PS+ since I already own FF7R. Oh well, that's great for anyone that hasn't played it. It's a really good game.

Remnant: From the Ashes has a pretty good Metacritic score, I'll probably grab that. And that puzzle type game for PS5 owners at least looks interesting. I already own Farpoint from when I had the PSVR a few months ago (sold that sum'bitch).