DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 11

Dolfan in NYC

BCS Rankingz~

1. Yuck (.9797)

2. University of Florida at Tallahassee (.9525)

3. Kvack (.9435)

4. THE only B1G team that matters (.8720)

5. I can't think of a single thing to say about Stanford. Oh wait.  Fuck Jonathan Martin. (.7930)

Fun fact:  If the season ended today, #16 Fresno State would get a BCS Bowl bid.  Why?  Because the BCS sucks.

Expect the winner of Oregon-Stanford to vault up after this week.

LSU-Alabama and Baylor-Oklahoma this week also

I think this might be one of those rare weekends when the college football world at large is rooting for Alabama. Sure, everybody is tired of Alabama being on top, but I think it's reached the point where it won't be enough just to have somebody different win, in and of itself. People want to see someone beat Bama for the title.

If Bama loses, and we end up with Oregon/FSU, it's going to feel really anticlimactic, like one of those old Wrestlemanias that didn't have Hogan in the title match.

I think this might be one of those rare weekends when the college football world at large is rooting for Alabama. Sure, everybody is tired of Alabama being on top, but I think it's reached the point where it won't be enough just to have somebody different win, in and of itself. People want to see someone beat Bama for the title.If Bama loses, and we end up with Oregon/FSU, it's going to feel really anticlimactic, like one of those old Wrestlemanias that didn't have Hogan in the title match.

If we end up with Oregon/FSU, I'll be completely content with it.  I'm still bitter about 2011 when the media collectively decided to ignore the "NO REMATCHEZZZZZ!!!!!" rule they'd created in 2006* to give us the game nobody wanted.  Would be tough to find a more blatant example of pro-SEC bias in the media than that example.  Michigan loses by 3 on the road to #1 and gets punished for it.  Bama loses by 3 at HOME and....gets rewarded for it.  BS.

Anyway, I think both Oregon & FSU are better than Bama anyway and, really, any 2 of those 3 would be a great title game.

Maybe all 3 will lose and we'll get Ohio vs Baylor instead.

* - I fully recognize that the best team actually won the 2006 title (Florida) but I think Michigan deserved the rematch.  Losing by 3 on the road to #1 should never drop anybody in the rankings.

Really, if Alabama lost a game, won the SEC, and went to the Sugar Bowl and won, while FSU and Oregon played in the title game, it would create a situation similar to the one we see in the WWE these days: We'd have the BCS Championship and the Being Alabama Championship.

Yes. Although I wish there was a better clear #4 than Ohio State. The B1G is total junk this year. Like, even worse than it was last year. I don't buy them as a legit claimant to the throne. If Ragnarok befalls us and two of Bama, Oregon, and FSU goes down, it will be a travesty to see the Buckeyes in the title game.

Yes. Although I wish there was a better clear #4 than Ohio State. The B1G is total junk this year. Like, even worse than it was last year. I don't buy them as a legit claimant to the throne. If Ragnarok befalls us and two of Bama, Oregon, and FSU goes down, it will be a travesty to see the Buckeyes in the title game.

If they win out, I can see a legit claim for Baylor being ahead of Ohio, especially if they continue to hang 60 on everybody.

If Baylor wins out, they definitely deserve to be ahead of Ohio State. Without question. They have a lot of good teams left on their schedule. I'm just not sure about them yet. They have played zero quality opponents thus far. I guess we'll start to get a clearer picture of them starting this week.

Holy poop-on-a-stick the refs in this Buffalo-Ohio game are comically awful. They're "award a safety on an intentional grounding in the end zone even though the QB threw the ball from the four" awful.

At least a Buffalo team is benefiting from bad calls for once.

Is there a reason why 2 of the 3 best games in college football this week is on Thursday?  Not only is their Oklahoma vs Baylor and Oregon & Stanford ON ONE NIGHT :wub: Can't remember the last time we had a thursday game not on christmas or Thanksgiving that meant this much

I don't get why the Pac 12 let ESPN move Stanford/Oregon to a Thursday, unless they were afraid everyone would be watching LSU/Alabama on Saturday night. Don't think FOX knew Baylor was going to be this good this year, otherwise that game would have been on Saturday night in primetime for sure.

I don't get why the Pac 12 let ESPN move Stanford/Oregon to a Thursday, unless they were afraid everyone would be watching LSU/Alabama on Saturday night. Don't think FOX knew Baylor was going to be this good this year, otherwise that game would have been on Saturday night in primetime for sure.

FS1 has a UFC show on Saturday night, so they couldn't have aired it anyway. The Fox broadcast network is airing Texas-WVU, which was an absurdly awesome game last year and has the ZOMG TEXASSSSSS appeal. 

FS1 has a UFC show on Saturday night, so they couldn't have aired it anyway. The Fox broadcast network is airing Texas-WVU, which was an absurdly awesome game last year and has the ZOMG TEXASSSSSS appeal. 

ESPN/ABC still have access to Saturday Pac 12 games, don't they? I'm sure Stanford/Oregon could have been their primetime matchup. Would have been a more exciting matchup for us neutrals than this week's scheduled Notre Dame/Pittsburgh matchup.

After most of the year of "targeting" penalties that have been complete crap, we found the best example tonight that they finally got right

EDIT:  And they reverse the "ejection". Seriously if that was reversed then the penalty is a waste of time to begin with

Oklahoma is done. Their defense did a good job keeping pace with Baylor, but their terrible offense did them in. No way they have a 20-point comeback in them.It's up to Oregon/Stanford to carry the night.

The NFL game is half decent so far too. . .