Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS


Recommended Posts

For real. Fuck that guy. This is anti-Kawhi too. Doc gets another year, right? Laughed when I saw that graphic at the start of the game about being the only coach to lose two series after being up 3-1. About that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

For real. Fuck that guy. This is anti-Kawhi too. Doc gets another year, right? Laughed when I saw that graphic at the start of the game about being the only coach to lose two series after being up 3-1. About that.

Doc has to go if I'm in charge.  This team has been underachieving for years, and he's the common denominator.  You can't blame Chris Paul any more.  You can't blame Blake Griffin any more.  Doc Rivers is in charge, and the buck stops with him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That was an amazing sequence when Paul George was hitting the side of the backboard,  Murray hit the dagger and then they got the steal for the Grant dunk to go up 20.  Joker was unreal too.   Breen was out of control late in the 4th... truly shocked. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the LA Lakers for winning the *2020 NBA Championship before even winning the WCF.  THAT'S how it ends?  I can see the Lakers being Randy Savage and the Nuggets being the Dynamite Kid.  The Heat might be the Junkyard Dog...except that team actually does have more talent than JYD but they still lose...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one top two seed in the conference finals. The bubble is my kind of crazy.

And Tay and LeBron should have some kind of ceremony to welcome Bam into the "holy fuck!" playoff game saving block club.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, supremebve said:

Doc has to go if I'm in charge.  This team has been underachieving for years, and he's the common denominator.  You can't blame Chris Paul any more.  You can't blame Blake Griffin any more.  Doc Rivers is in charge, and the buck stops with him.

And they're only guaranteed Kawhi for one more year. He has an option for 2021.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, there is an article today about lack of chemistry and in-fighting, including Montrezl and PG13% getting into it during game 2. Not a lot there and the article still says that Doc has more time to get it working, but as Bomani Jones said, that article sure makes it sound like Doc is the first part of the problem to be addressed. Or at least should be. Now, the league had 14 Black head coaches in 2012 and we're down to 5. Another Black coach fired is a bad look, especially after that emotional commentary Doc dropped recently, but yeesh. He's been put on a pedestal because he won one championship with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo. That was 12 years ago. 

Paul George is the shits. Such a shitty attitude and Harrell was right to call him on it. If only George were as good as he thinks he is, the Clippers would've swept the Nuggets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams said it best at the end, “A lot of the issues we ran into, talent bailed us out. Chemistry didn’t.” Unlike the Lakers, who historically always do their best when everybody knows their role and the team chemistry works.

 

Edited by Ace
Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut is they give Doc another year. He's just so widely liked and respected, it buys him time.

But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if they don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

My gut is they give Doc another year. He's just so widely liked and respected, it buys him time.

But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if they don't.

Who do you think they’d be interested in to replace him if they move on? I know the one name that would pop up for sure is Jeff Van Gundy, and I’m not sure with their lack of defense in the last series that he wouldn’t be a major upgrade over Doc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes Unseld Jr. is constantly praised for masterminding Denver's ability to stop George and Kawhi in crunch time. Not sure with that group a rookie coach is the way to go though. 

Edited by Jiji
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Wes Unseld Jr. is constantly praised for masterminding Denver's ability to stop George and Kawhi in crunch time. Not sure with that group a rookie coach is the way to go though. 

Coincidentally, Unseld is now being viewed by some for the Bulls coaching gig, which, yes please.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So with game 1 being tomorrow night how many games is everyone thinking the Western Conference Finals lasts? 

Personally I’d like to see Denver win at least two games, but I have a feeling they’re out in 5. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heat gotta sort these off quarters they have because unless it's the Nuggets in the finals (who are guilty of the same thing), that won't fly. 

Brown was making some monster shots but I think they asked one too many of him at the end. They need to be able to bust the zone in game 3 because it was a huge part of the turnaround. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Washburn further tweeted that he's...

Quote

Been outside a bunch of locker rooms in my days. That’s was as raucous as I’ve ever heard. 

Wow. I mean, Smart gave up on the game in the 4th like most of his teammates. Who the fuck is he?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jiji said:
Who the fuck is he?

He's really other than Jaylen Brown the only guy that has a right to talk.  He won them the series against Toronto not just in game 7 but throughout the series he was the best player on the team. He was also the best player in a Celtics uniform in game 1 of this series. 

It must be tiring playing your heart out every night while Kemba tries to "figure it out" or while Tatum turns the ball over in a key situation.  

Kemba was nice in the first half tonight but disappeared too often.   Tatum continues to fuck up in key situations.  

I get it,  Tatum is only 22 but he's been here a couple times now...  stop doing dumb shit.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe pick a better time to blow up on your teammates after you don't hustle back on turnovers and played like an invisible man in the 4th. Just a thought. Smart is great when he's on but there are other times when he looks replacement level. I get that he's a "heart and soul" type of player but that's some bullshit imo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He's really other than Jaylen Brown the only guy that has a right to talk.  He won them the series against Toronto not just in game 7 but throughout the series he was the best player on the team. He was also the best player in a Celtics uniform in game 1 of this series. 

It must be tiring playing your heart out every night while Kemba tries to "figure it out" or while Tatum turns the ball over in a key situation.  

Kemba was nice in the first half tonight but disappeared too often.   Tatum continues to fuck up in key situations.  

I get it,  Tatum is only 22 but he's been here a couple times now...  stop doing dumb shit.  

Tatum played great in games 6 and 7 against Toronto. He had 29, 14, and 9 in Game 6, and 29, 12, and 7 in Game 7. By comparison Smart had 16, 2, and 6 in Game 7. So I don’t see how he outplayed Tatum in that game.

This series you’re definitely right. Tatum is turning it over too much, and he does clearly need to mature more before he’ll become the Superstar that the media is determined to make him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...