DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Gonna be really interesting to see what "minimizing" Lesnsr means for 2k24--I'm guessing it's "we can't just patch him out because he has at least one match in Showcase that we really can't re-do, but he won't have any cards for MyFaction and he won't be in any more games unless his name is cleared or it all blows over"

3 hours ago, Kang said:

About what it should have cost to begin with. I really enjoy the minute to minute gameplay but it's visually ugly, I blew thru all the 1p content too fast, Stadium Stampede was a bust, and the second season pass had half the characters of the first, an arcade mode that should have been in at launch, and a new arena that only appears when you go out of your way to pick it for exhibition modes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kang said:

Brock Lesnar removed off the WWE2K24's 40 years of WrestleMania cover. Cena takes his spot, and Triple H moved to where Cena was placed on the art.

Are Bret and WWE on the outs again?  I can't see why he's not on there.  Also, why is Andre doing the Duggan taunt?

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Are Bret and WWE on the outs again?  I can't see why he's not on there.  Also, why is Andre doing the Duggan taunt?

Bret is there between Taker and Rock

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Seems to me that Andre is preparing the Samoan Spike for Lesnar in the first illustration.

In the second, he's going to let Cena suck his thumb.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Has Tyson ever been in a WWE game?

He was in WWE '13 (as DLC or pre-order bonus) with the focus on the Attitude Era, but think that was his only one.

• Like 1

Fight Forever was thirty bucks on PS5 at Best Buy. That's my price range, so I bought it. I haven't played a new sim wrestling game in years, so I am looking forward to it. And if it's more on the arcadey side of sims because Yuke's made it, that's fine, too.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, it's arcadey alright.  Still fun.

I'd actually not call it a sim but I could see an argument for that, I guess.  I'm old.  My sims were SIMS

Edited by Tromatagon

It's basically a modern version of Smackdown on PSOne. It's no AKI/Syn Sophia rasslin' game, but there are things I like about it. Definitely worth the dough.

OK, I've played enough to have some better-formed thoughts:

Like I said, it's very reminiscent of Smackdown. I like it, though I wish they'd taken it even farther and ended up somewhere near WWE All-Stars. 

There are a lot of systems in this thing - the match rating system from FirePro, the momentum system from the AKI games, etc. I sort of like the systems upon systems. 

What I don't like is the jank, which really shows itself in multi-man matches. Tag matches are awful between the AI and the consistent janky behavior of the system. In one tag match, I was controlling Sting on the ground and trying to trip an opponent in the ring. The opponent's tag partner, who was standing on the apron but wasn't anywhere near me, ended up teleporting me from the floor to the apron in a grapple position and then hitting a move on the apron that catapulted me back into the ring. That's the most egregious example of dumb tag jank, which combined with very dumb tag partner AI makes tag matches terrible. 

This is a game that has some value and has some potential, but it needed another year in development before being released. I can live with a lack of options for the first wrestling game in a series - I even got a good thirty or forty hours of fun out of WWF RAW on OG Xbox, for goodness sake - but the lack of options AND the lack of engine polish sucks. I'm glad I waited until the 15 USD digital/30 USD physical price point to buy this.