DVDVR Message Board

RIPPA 'RONA REVIEW #1

RIPPA

This finish is fucked up too as Rick Steiner blows the ripping off of Butch Reed’s mask so they kinda just have to wing it and then Reed gets rolled up as he is apologizing to Ron Simmons… errr… Doom 2 for having his mask ripped off. Then Simmons takes his mask off and fuck that we need to go to commercial so we can know more about Sting!

The unmasking of Ron Simmons literally is 10 seconds max.

JR: AND ITS RON SIMMONS

*commercial break*

I love this.

Also, I went back to check the full list of matches that I sent you, and between that list, this thread and the Secret Santo thread, it's pretty clear that I have a giant soft spot for '90-'93 WCW and WWF, which makes perfect sense considering my age. It's the comfort wrestling that I watch when I just want to see something that I've seen before and that I know I'll enjoy, and I should re-assess my personal all-time favorites and make sure the Steiners and Doom are higher up the list. 

EDIT: Bummed to see that my link to the Andre the Giant/Andre Bollet match didn't live long enough to see this day, though. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

EDIT: Bummed to see that my link to the Andre the Giant/Andre Bollet match didn't live long enough to see this day, though. 

Yeah - that only died in the last month or so too which really irritated me

1 hour ago, AxB said:

So am I the only one who'd thought this was going to be about Scooby Doo?

My state has a stay at home order until June 10

Who the fuck knows what madness I am going to be driven to

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Watching Starrcade 1991 on an endless loop?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ralph Northam gave the order so that you specifically would be at home to review 1993-1995 WCW Worldwides. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finish the reviews I gave you?  ? 

21 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I love this.

Also, I went back to check the full list of matches that I sent you, and between that list, this thread and the Secret Santo thread, it's pretty clear that I have a giant soft spot for '90-'93 WCW and WWF, which makes perfect sense considering my age. It's the comfort wrestling that I watch when I just want to see something that I've seen before and that I know I'll enjoy, and I should re-assess my personal all-time favorites and make sure the Steiners and Doom are higher up the list. 

I am in the same boat. To me the perfect angle was the early 91  Horseman vs Pillman-Sting and friends.    I say perfect but I think the only thing missing was Brian getting a big ppv win over the horseman. Looking back at it he lost all the big matches including the Clash loser leaves.  

Pillman wasn't afraid to do the job. Imagine if we had more wrestlers like Brian.  Storylines wouldn't have to be so 50-50 on the Wins and losses. 

• Like 1

"Have I seen this match before? Clearly I have seen this match before, right? I mean I know I watched this PPV. Fuck, I bought this PPV. Was this the first WWE PPV I ever bought? Was there any build up to this match? Was it seriously just “Who are the better brothers?” Who am I? Why am I here?"

Your ode to Admiral Stockdale made me laugh out loud and wake the baby

James

Oh, Battle Bowl. WCW never could decide if the draw should be so obviously rigged it exposed the business, or look like it was actually random to the point no stories were advanced. They never tried a middle ground