DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

I don't think I like indie wrestling anymore, you guys. There's excess and then there's that. German suplex was cool at least, but yeah, that should be the end of the match and the recipients should be carted off to the hospital.

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't think I like indie wrestling anymore, you guys. There's excess and then there's that. German suplex was cool at least, but yeah, that should be the end of the match and the recipients should be carted off to the hospital.

I am here for you in your time of need.

Edited by Matt D

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

infinite canadian destroyer exchange.gif

• Like 1

I think the German was the finish, actually. The kickout of the Powerbomb/ Screwdriver combo in Warhorse vs Tankman was... if you view it through the lens of Warhorse being the IWTV Champion, and touring around indies defending as if he were the touring NWA champion 30-40 years ago, taking on the top guy in each regional indie (Calvin Tankman is Champion of Bizarro Lucha) and putting them over without losing, it makes sense. Although it didn't go to a 60 minute draw. It was a DDQ/ No contest.

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

I think the German was the finish, actually. The kickout of the Powerbomb/ Screwdriver combo in Warhorse vs Tankman was... if you view it through the lens of Warhorse being the IWTV Champion, and touring around indies defending as if he were the touring NWA champion 30-40 years ago, taking on the top guy in each regional indie (Calvin Tankman is Champion of Bizarro Lucha) and putting them over without losing, it makes sense. Although it didn't go to a 60 minute draw. It was a DDQ/ No contest.

Yeah, I'm glad the German was the finish but SSD = death. Don't care about context. 

I love Kenny Omega but his use of the double underhook piledriver as a nearfall kind of stinks too. Ideally, he'd be beating the Janela's of the world with it and then when a top guy kicks out it means something. Falsies not being falsies against guys lower on the pecking order has always been something I enjoy. Same thing with flash finishes and countouts, particularly in tournaments like the G1. 

• Like 1

If in 1981, NWA Champion Harley Race had gone to Memphis and wrestled Jerry Lawler, and Lawler had hit the Piledriver on Harley, it would have gotten two. Well, most likely it would have gotten three, but in a 2/3 falls match, and then he wouldn't manage to hit another one before the time limit. And that was an instant inescapable death move at the time.

They kick out of Tombstones in Mexico now. Tombstones used to be retirement bumps.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Flip eye poke would be dimes.

back when the running hand spring into cartwheel into corner spot was all the rage I dreamed of someone finishing the sequence by landing a step short, delaying a second, and delivering a Piperesque eyepoke instead of the "serious" clothesline or elbow strike people were actually doing.

sadly never saw it out outside of e-fed goofiness

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyWhioux said:

back when the running hand spring into cartwheel into corner spot was all the rage I dreamed of someone finishing the sequence by landing a step short, delaying a second, and delivering a Piperesque eyepoke instead of the "serious" clothesline or elbow strike people were actually doing.

sadly never saw it out outside of e-fed goofiness

I could see El Phantasmo adding that to his repertoire.