DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dolfan in NYC

2020 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

I do really love it when old school announcers are extremely clutching their pearls when someone states what everyone actually knows.  

In today's edition, Bob Ryan roundaboutly tells Mad Dog Russo that, of course Jordan left basketball as part of a shadow suspension for gambling:

--

Also, Mike Francesa starts his new show on radio.com (lol) on Monday.  He'll talk about sports and politics(!!!).  

This thread will be nothing but pages of his breathtakingly horrible takes by Tuesday afternoon

I love Bob Ryan, but let's not pretend like he isn't as big of a blowhard as any of the other sports columnists in the world.  He's just charmingly grandfatherly about it.

• Like 3

I didn’t realize that 

a. Barnwell was now writing for the Four Letter.

b. He was (also?) now writing about soccer.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:01 PM, odessasteps said:

I didn’t realize that 

a. Barnwell was now writing for the Four Letter.

b. He was (also?) now writing about soccer.

Barnwell has been writing for ESPN for like a decade now and every once in a blue moon he gets to write a soccer column

I am assuming since 99% of his columns are about football, you never saw them

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 12:45 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, Mike Francesa starts his new show on radio.com (lol) on Monday.  He'll talk about sports and politics(!!!).  

This thread will be nothing but pages of his breathtakingly horrible takes by Tuesday afternoon

You assume anyone will actually listen to Francesa.

Unless of course you mean us reposting other people posting about his horrible takes via Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keith Law is moving from ESPN to The Athletic

His ESPN contract expired at the end of the year and he made the jump because apparently now he can write about baseball labor issues

• Like 1

The Deadspin saga continues.  

G/O Media is moving Deadspin to Chicago, suspending all negotiations with the union, calling their mass resignations an illegal strike, and promising to re-launch it with new, better talent.  

I'm genuinely astonished by Spanfeller's awe-inspiring stupidity. When you can make fucking Dave Portnoy look smart and good in comparison...   Jeez. 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Deadspin saga continues.  

G/O Media is moving Deadspin to Chicago, suspending all negotiations with the union, calling their mass resignations an illegal strike, and promising to re-launch it with new, better talent.  

I'm genuinely astonished by Spanfeller's awe-inspiring stupidity. When you can make fucking Dave Portnoy look smart and good in comparison...   Jeez. 

Why would anyone work for them at this point?