DVDVR Message Board

Black Friday deals

Neil Koch

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-2-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX9VO/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1385911408&sr=1-1&keywords=borderlands+2

I found Borderlands 2 for $9.99 on Amazon, so I cancelled my other order and picked up a used copy for $7.42 (with Prime shipping).

I finally started GTA V and... I really suck at it. Online mode especially is the worst. 

So if anyone is looking for an easy way to pad their stats - just look for the fit guy trying to figure out how to pull his gun while jogging/biking everywhere (spoiler alert: spending an hour to max out your character's stamina, when you could just go outside and work yourself out, really makes you feel like crap - especially when you get your ass handed to you in every kind of race there is).

Join the DVDVR crew and you'll get some freebies that will help out, like a sawed off shotgun and Elegy sports car. I would also recommend going into a private session and robbing stores and selling cars until you have enough (around $25k) buy a garage.

So... my e-mail inbox exploded this morning with deals. Haven't even looked at them all yet, but I did some damage at Bodybuilding.com. I don't use many supplements, but everything I use there is either buy one/get one or 20% off today. My sister also wanted a shaker bottle, and I got her three for $8.

So... my e-mail inbox exploded this morning with deals. Haven't even looked at them all yet, but I did some damage at Bodybuilding.com. I don't use many supplements, but everything I use there is either buy one/get one or 20% off today. My sister also wanted a shaker bottle, and I got her three for $8.

I'm running low on protein and need to replace it. I don't feel like paying $70 for (admittedly good) powder again. Any suggestions on good buys? I need to get a shaker as well.

The Xbox store is having a cyber Monday sale with a whole bunch of stuff discounted (most notable probably LA Noire and Red Dead at 75% off).

Is Witcher 2 and Dark Souls worth the collective $12? I know some people who haven't played the others that think the stuff previewing Witcher 3 looks cool.

Also, is Dark Souls worth the rage it should bring?

Dark Souls isn't that hard per se, it's just that the game forces you to figure everything out by yourself regarding how everything works.  There is very little in the way of instructions or tutorials.  There are a couple of frustrating parts (I hated the poison area) but nothing is impossible if you take your time and plan out your attack.  It's the paitence part that kills most people.  It kicks your ass in the beginning, but once you get a grip on the world system, combat, magic, etc. it is kind of a an "a-ha!" moment and the game is more fun after that.

As far as i know Black Fridays never really been a thing here in the UK before, at least it wasn't when i was in retail up until a few years back (thank god) Anyway, been looking at getting a 3DS for a while now since there is a good few games i'd been interested in (mostly Mario and Zelda related)

Thanks to your holiday i picked up a 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64 3D and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for less than £160. Cant really say no to that.

Oh God, Brits think Black Friday is an actual holiday.

Brits just assume every Yank gimmick is a holiday because you have so many holidays.

Listen to this man.  These people took a crap day like "the day before Ash Wednesday" and turned it into something called "Pancake day."  I don't think I've ever heard a more appealing phrase than "Pancake day."

They are light years ahead of us in this holiday-improving tech.

Brits just assume every Yank gimmick is a holiday because you have so many holidays.

Listen to this man.  These people took a crap day like "the day before Ash Wednesday" and turned it into something called "Pancake day."  I don't think I've ever heard a more appealing phrase than "Pancake day."

Except - we don't take the day off.

Except - we don't take the day off.

Don't mess this up for me.  You have a day devoted to eating Pancakes.  Everyone stays home and eats Pancakes in bed.  Everyone receives a care package from the nanny state to insure they have the necessary ingredients.  The night before on Pancake eve, everyone in the nation gathers around the t.v. for the communal pancake cooking hour.  on the day itself, BBC One runs nothing but ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, and THE YOUNG ONES all day.

Don't take this from me!

I liked Black Friday best when it was that day where all my friends would get together and play Goldeneye all day long. And then that turned into playing Wrestlemania 2000 all day long, which would later turn into playing No Mercy all day long. Then we all made the mistake of getting lives and growing up. 

I liked Black Friday best when it was that day where all my friends would get together and play Goldeneye all day long. And then that turned into playing Wrestlemania 2000 all day long, which would later turn into playing No Mercy all day long. Then we all made the mistake of getting lives and growing up. 

Nintendo 64 was a great system. Owned all those games and I must say.... played the SHIT out of Wave Race too.