DVDVR Message Board

Black Friday deals

Neil Koch

Oh God, Brits think Black Friday is an actual holiday.

Brits just assume every Yank gimmick is a holiday because you have so many holidays.

Listen to this man. These people took a crap day like "the day before Ash Wednesday" and turned it into something called "Pancake day." I don't think I've ever heard a more appealing phrase than "Pancake day."

They are light years ahead of us in this holiday-improving tech.

Except - we don't take the day off.
Then you are truly dumb. That's the point of a holiday

Don't mess this up for me.  You have a day devoted to eating Pancakes.  Everyone stays home and eats Pancakes in bed.  Everyone receives a care package from the nanny state to insure they have the necessary ingredients.  The night before on Pancake eve, everyone in the nation gathers around the t.v. for the communal pancake cooking hour.  on the day itself, BBC One runs nothing but ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, and THE YOUNG ONES all day.

Don't take this from me!

I like the sound of this. And I would like to amend it to occur twice in any calendar year, once for warm weather and once for cold. What day(s) do you think would work best?

What ratio of AbFab to The Young Ones would be best, 3/1?

Oh God, Brits think Black Friday is an actual holiday.

Yup that's it. I assumed the 'giving thanks' part was to appease the retail gods? and the holiday was to honour those trampled while trying to buy a half price lawnmower.

Also, pancake day is fucking awesome.

• Like 1