DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

So, Doug Marrone is Bill O'Brien's best friend.  

So, if / when Marrone gets fired, I'm sure BOB will offer him a job.  

Texans can haz offensive coordinator?

(I'm not really all that impressed with Marrone I'm just sick of BOB handling every god damn job in the building - coach / GM / offensive coordinator / play caller / review expert / head chef / janitor / etc.)

14 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Good, they can have him.

Honestly, who the fuck watched the Bills offense and thought, "We need to hire their offensive coordinator?"  I'm pretty sure that is an indictment of Josh Allen.  My only explanation is they thought he did a good job, because Allen didn't embarrass himself on a week to week basis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Honestly, who the fuck watched the Bills offense and thought, "We need to hire their offensive coordinator?"  I'm pretty sure that is an indictment of Josh Allen.  My only explanation is they thought he did a good job, because Allen didn't embarrass himself on a week to week basis.

Josh Allen actually made some strides this year, but he's not there yet by any means. I think he's probably the best QB of his class not named Lamar Jackson. My issue with Dabol is that he calls a very shitty game. Like not establishing a running game until near half time, on a number of occasions, for example. He tends to call a lot of passes very early that leads to 3 and outs. Its not all Dabols fault, but he seems to get in the way more than help.

30 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Josh Allen actually made some strides this year, but he's not there yet by any means. I think he's probably the best QB of his class not named Lamar Jackson. My issue with Dabol is that he calls a very shitty game. Like not establishing a running game until near half time, on a number of occasions, for example. He tends to call a lot of passes very early that leads to 3 and outs. Its not all Dabols fault, but he seems to get in the way more than help.

My biggest problem with Freddy Kitchens was essentially the exact same thing you describe here.  The Browns were very good at running the ball, and their passing game was at its best when we got the ball out of Baker Vergara's hands quickly.  Except, Freddie never really did that.  I was scrolling twitter one day and someone had posted that the Browns were the best when they lined up with Chubb, Hunt, Beckham, Landry, and a tight end, but the worst when they spread out and had 3 or more receivers on the field.  84% of their plays were ran with 3 or more receivers up until that point.  It's just terrible coaching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Bears have announced

1) That Mitchell Trubisky will be their QB in 2020

2) That they fired OC Mark Helfrich (along with some other assistants)

Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic is cool...

Look, everyone who watched the Bears this season, which I guess is just had Jae and me, knows Nagy is the problem. Well, him and the GM I guess. But there's no way Nagy is getting fired this soon.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I hate that I love this idea.  I think he'd be good for Mr. Vergara.

Folks online are speculating that it is actually Josh McDaniels who is going to get the keys to the castle

So yeah... have fun with that if it happens