DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

Tag Wars might be a compilation video, listing according to "LOL-I'll pretend you said 18" Video:

1. Public Enemy vs. Bruise Brothers
2. Public Enemy vs. Bad Breed (Baseball Bat Match)
3. The Pitbulls vs. Bad Breed
4. The Pitbulls vs. Bad Breed (Double Dog Collar Match)
5. Sabu & Taz vs. Malenko Brothers
6. Sabu & Taz run in during Public Enemy match

The double dog collar match is from 11/19, as is Sabu & Taz vs. Malenkos (segment 6 could be from that show as well, there is a Public Enemy vs. Cactus Jack & Kevin Sullivan match from that show, that ended in a no contest), the baseball bat match from 8/13. The other matches (Public Enemy vs. Bruise Brothers and Pitbulls vs. Bad Breed) happened several times in 1994.

23 hours ago, Robert s said:

That fucking network added a new bug for PS4 (at least for me): every time I pause or jump forward/backward 10 s, the progress timer just gets stuck. So if I watch a match, stop playback and restart it, it jumps back to the first point where I hit pause or jump forward/backward. Similar, if I want to fast forward through the promos / whatever between the matches, I first have to fast-forward through the whole match again (as the timer thinks that I am at the start of the match).

Meanwhile I also tried to web stuff (even though I don't want to watch wrestling on my PC), and there "continue watching" does not seem to work (at least for the NXT TakeOver show I wanted to watch), every time I open a video that I have watched about 50% of, it just restarts from the beginning.

It's almost as if they try to say "if you want to have a functioning way of viewing our videos, pirate them".

FWIW, this has always been the case for me on PS4, Roku, and browser window since they changed over to the new platform. 

It will be interesting to see how they spin FCW developmental.  I mean it wasn't as awful as Deep South which was a complete mess but it had it's awful moments as well being incredibly low rent and run by Bill  Demott who didn't some horrible thing to trainers

ECW Tag Wars 1994 (Compilation)

Public Enemy vs Bruise Brothers

Public Enemy vs Bad Breed (Baseball Bat Match)

Pitbulls vs Bad Breed

Pitbulls vs Bad Breed (Double Dog Collar Match)

Sabu & Taz vs Malenko Brothers

Sabu & Taz run in during a Public Enemy match

Edited by paul sosnowski

Thoughts on No Way Out 2001

Raven lost his Hardcore title to Billy Gunn, who was not his scheduled opponent, before regaining it and losing to his actual opponent, The Big Show. Crash Holly was hilariously dressed as a popcorn vendor, which was not necessary. Of course, he got chokeslammed into a pile of popcorn.

Chris Jericho hung onto the IC title in a "workrate dream match" against Eddy, Benoit & X-Pac. Justin Credible showed up to help X-Pac as we counted down to the glorious formation of X-Factor.

Stephanie vs. Trish was not a great match, but they did very well for their limited experience. Poor William Regal didn't know whom to help in order to please Vince McMahon. He finally chose Steph, and he chose wrong.

Steve Austin and Triple H got all their hatred our of their system during the Three Stages of Hell match. Austin won the regular fall with the Stunner before HHH used a sledgehammer and Pedigree to win the street-fight fall. Both men were already bleeding when the steel cage came down for the third fall. They knocked each other out with weapons, with Triple H falling on top for the decisive pinfall. HHH gets the MVP award for pinning Austin in consecutive falls. Of course, Austin already had the WrestleMania title shot in his back pocket.

Steven Richards had already beaten Godfather and Val Venis to force them to give up their raunchy ways, and they both eventually joined Right to Censor. Here, Richards pinned Jerry Lawler to force The Kat to join RTC and prevent her from getting naked (like that was going to happen, even in Las Vegas).

The Rock recaptured the WWF title from Kurt Angle, setting up a face vs. face WrestleMania main event with Austin. It would have been interesting to see Angle enter WM 17 as champion, only to lose to the Vince-Austin collaboration with Angle turning face. However, an Austin-Rock rematch was too lucrative for anyone to resist.

Edited by Gorman

The Big Show was interview was good. Dug the talk of how long it really took for Show to learn. Kind of surprised his favorites opponents were Cena and Sheamus. Its been years, but I recall the Sheamus matches being good. The Cena matches remarkably less so outside of mutli-man situations.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The Big Show was interview was good. Dug the talk of how long it really took for Show to learn. Kind of surprised his favorites opponents were Cena and Sheamus. Its been years, but I recall the Sheamus matches being good. The Cena matches remarkably less so outside of mutli-man situations.

I liked Show's because he was the first guy to really go into some more of the backstage politics both during the NWO times and then the "ruthless aggression" era WWE. (Especially how - at least in his version - he ruined the opportunity for Show vs Austin at Mania because he was too nice to Vince)

I also giggled at them watching the video of The Giant's debut. Poor poor Ron Reiss.

Of course - Show managed to get in his usual EVERYONE IS TOO NICE! THAT IS WHY THE BUSINESS IS STRUGGLING!!! stuff that he loves to say when anyone puts a microphone in front of him.

• Like 1

Thoughts on WrestleMania X-7

Yes, this is the greatest PPV of all time. Why? Because the matches were built, ordered, timed and executed perfectly. It was set up to be an amazing show even before the opening bell.

It was a great night to be from Texas. Bradshaw, Eddy, Undertaker and Austin all won. Brother Love even made the final four of the gimmick battle royale. If The Goon had dressed up as Wild Bill Irwin, he would have won it.

Speaking of that match, Sgt. Slaughter was a bad sport by putting the victorious Iron Sheik in the cobra clutch. What did Sheiky do to deserve that?

We should have known that the Invasion would fizzle out when a handful of "WCW Wrestlers" were shown in a skybox a mile away from the ring watching the "WWF Superstars."

Edge & Christian should be in the Hall of Fame for winning both TLC matches as well as the triple-threat ladder match at WrestleMania 2000.

Chyna's career trajectory was totally backwards. She becomes the first woman to win the IC title and compete in Royal Rumble and King of the Ring. Then she wins the Women's title.

Austin wins the MVP award for doing the unthinkable to regain the WWF title from the Rock. Some didn't like Austin's heel turn and alliance with Vince McMahon, but he always said that if you aren't willing to do whatever it takes to become WWF champion, you shouldn't set foot in the ring.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe just being on the network is good exposure and he will take it but I can't imagine that he thought when he agreed to this he would be:

1.  Screwing up in training and getting booed by the non WCW guys.  

2.  Shown in the WCW invasion more like the rejects that they could bring in because they didn't have a strong contract

3.  The guy that nobody really wanted in Evolution except maybe Vince and not even sure of that.   

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Maybe just being on the network is good exposure and he will take it but I can't imagine that he thought when he agreed to this he would be:

I am sure he thought "This is a nice easy paycheck"

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am sure he thought "This is a nice easy paycheck"

I'm sure he also thought "Hey, I went from this to being a hearthrob in Mexico with a hot-ass wife."  Oh, and also getting married at the church they filmed for Nacho Libre doesn't hurt either.   Not sure what he's done recently but I say he's done very well for himself since all this.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think he is unofficially retired since he hasn't had a match in two years

Damn, that's a shame.  I stopped watching CMLL for no good reason.  But he had a good thing going the times I would see him on.  But if he's been able to get out of the game early then good for him.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Although I guess he did have the best career of the Natural Born Thrillers.

He was also, besides Stamboli, by far the youngest one, i.e. he was not an early-mid 30ies rookie (okay, I am exaggerating, Jindrak was a six-year-pro at the time he was released) when WCW was sold and his WWF career did not work out. Jindrak and Stamboli were born in 77, while the rest of the group was born in 69-71.

While we can debate Jindrak, I think we can all agree that Bully Ray comes off as about the most Bully Ray possible in explaining the tag match where not only was Batista hurt but Orton got hurt.    If you wonder why singles Bully Ray was crap, at least we have one idea why

I guess the one part of revisionist history was how Orton lost the belt almost a month after beating Benoit at Summerslam.  The narrative was that Orton became such an obnoxious prick completely full of himself that they fans completely hated him and they had to remove the belt off of him.  While Orton was every bit the jerk they claim he was (and probably more),  Triple H was winning the belt almost immediately if he was the perfect champion and the crowd loved him.   Maybe he could have gotten an extra month with the title but even then I doubt it

Edited by hammerva