DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

It just hit me that this makes no logical sense stories they are building at the moment. Everyone here has already lost to Shayna. Only Bianca feels like she has some momentum with a win streak having started. Regal even more or less called Mia out for acting like a little bitch for complaining and begging for another shot at Shayna 1 on 1 after she went after Shafir and Duke only to lose to Shayna at Takeover. Beyond that the Rhea feud had seemingly only just began. Did they just toss that aside?

I can only assume they are going to drag out Ripley getting her shot, possibly to TakeOver: Survivor Series.

The triple threat sets up a challenger for Shayna to beat up on TV and re-establish her as the woman to beat for a TV audience who might not be fully familiar with NXT.

Speaking of UK women - Meltzer noted that Toni Storm losing the UK Title appears to be because she is being moved the main NXT roster (there is a chance she will go straight to the main roster but that is highly doubtful)

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm hoping for Takeover War Games it ends up being Imperium vs. British Strong Style it only seems right.  But I don't know if they'd run that on what is normally a traditional NXT show.

Imperium vs. British Strong Style in a War Games match would be wonderful, but there is no chance in hell that is happening as its an NXT UK feud. They haven't really crossed over actual feuds and likely won't with NXT going live now.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of UK women - Meltzer noted that Toni Storm losing the UK Title appears to be because she is being moved the main NXT roster (there is a chance she will go straight to the main roster but that is highly doubtful)

Huh, I figured she would at least continue to feud with KLR for a bit.

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Imperium vs. British Strong Style in a War Games match would be wonderful, but there is no chance in hell that is happening as its an NXT UK feud. They haven't really crossed over actual feuds and likely won't with NXT going live now.

I thought it'd be possible because when I went to NXT New York they had the big WALTER vs. Pete Dunne match on the show. 

7 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Without knowing a heap about the stables on NXT UK I wonder who the 4th for BSS would be? Unless they go left field and grab someone from NXT US? Dijak maybe? Killian Dain?

Walter
Wolfe
Bartel
Aichner

vs

Dunne
Seven
Bate
???

GIVE US CESARO YOU COWARDS

• Like 4

12 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Without knowing a heap about the stables on NXT UK I wonder who the 4th for BSS would be? Unless they go left field and grab someone from NXT US? Dijak maybe? Killian Dain?

Walter
Wolfe
Bartel
Aichner

vs

Dunne
Seven
Bate
???

The fourth would be be a guest star like Gallagher or Cesaro like when you had Strong team up with Authors of Pain.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:01 AM, L_W_P said:

Walter
Wolfe
Bartel
Aichner

vs

Dunne
Seven
Bate
???

Ilja Dragunov.

I think they're in for a rude awakening when it comes to the attendance at Takeovers if they're not pairing them with main roster PPVs anymore. They're just running into the same problem they had before with running more than 12 PPVs where the attendance just isn't there and NXT might have smaller audience than SDL has now.

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't remember how the NXT PPV in Bridgeport was for attendance I didn't go. 

From the WON

The show drew 6,000 fans, not a sellout, but still healthy.

And that was the show with the date and location change