DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

This is pretty old because the firing of the LA PARKS was the end of MARCH.  I don't know if firing LA PARK was worth it because he hits a fucking GNARLY fat boy tope in this.  Gangrel is all over the place lately.  LA PARK JR is almost as girthy as his old man- or he was two months ago.  Pagano is your bloodsucking freak.  This kinda goes on for a while.  There is a nice Tope by Junior.  KC Navarro is wrestling the only guy he ever wrestles!  NZO!  NZO is better than anybody gives him credit for.  KC Navarro is good and should be in the X-Division.  NZO talks for a while.  NZO beels KC and KC flies like Keith Lee is a seedy guy from Jersey.  This match is pretty short!  I won't spoil it.  Hey! It's Flamita vs Bandido!  They are all over Big Lucha lately- since Bandido owns it and all and they truly tear it up there.  Demonic Flamita is a great heel and Bandido is Ricky Steamboat.  Man, they are really fast.  Flamita is a BASTARD!  Bandido is all that is good and true!  They set up who is who early by Flamita CHEATING! and Bandido by challenging him like a MAN! and then it goes all wild and zany.  Bandido shows you that he is so fucking spectacular.  Flamita uses ROUGH TACTICS and then shows the world that HE is also spectacular.  Flamita is a great rudo, riling up the rubes in Dallas.  They set up their nearfalls really well and it's fun.  Bandido is our Beacon Of Truth.  Demonic Flamita is from the Bowels of Hell!  This match is really good. Both these guys are fucking awesome.  MLW! UNEVEN BUT GOOD WHEN IT'S GOOD!

• Like 3

Gino Medina and Aramis have a Mexican Strap Match, which is a lumberjack strap match.  Gino leans into getting beaten by belts.  Aramis hits a SWEET tope and that's about all the highflying in this match- as this was more of an angle than a match.  Aramis and Gino have a good match in them down the road.  Hey!  Taya Valkyrie vs Holidead next week should be good.  Taya has looked great since leaving WWE.  Octagon Jr and Matt Cross should have the flippiest match in the history of MLW.  I am GIRDING my loins!  They actually wait a few minutes before the first Asai Moonsault by Octagon Jr.  They go back to an actual match.  Surprising.  They have a 1998 New Japan juniors match- which is pretty great for 2022.  Package Driver by Octagon Jr for the win!  That match was channeling El Samurai.  That match had ONE dive.  It's cool that Octagon Jr can wrestle Matt Cross channeling Jushin Thunder Lyger, instead of relying on a thousand high spots.    The Von Erichs and Hammerstone attack Richard Holliday, Mil Muertes and Mads Kruger!  Marshal Von Erich keeps his cowboy hat on!  Then it settles down to a six man tag match.  Mil Muertes is over in Dallas!  One forgets how good Ricky Banderas is since you never really think about him.  But here he is right in front of you and he is really good.  Hammerstone makes the hot tag and he suplexes the CRAP out of Kruger and Muertes!  He gets his hands on Holliday!  Muertes and Hammerstone preview a FAR better match than this.  They channel 1997 WCW Hulk Hogan and use a lady;s shoe to knock out your gigantic champion.  The Matt Cross match is good.

• Like 1

It's Thursday Too Much Wrestling Night!  We are in Philadelphia so I am on the look out for thee Reverend Axel Future.  Gangrel and Budd Heavy!  Gangrel does an elbow drop correctly.  That was quick. They do these skits that I can't understand what anybody is saying.  Jacob Fatu and Juicy Finau break into Cesar's office and something happens?  I skipped the three way tag title because its a three way.  At least the right tag team won.   HEY! Taya Valkyrie is absolutely EVERWHERE these days.  She was on NWA Powerrr last week and on IMPACT! last week (I think) and here she is on MLW.  She's awesome so I'll take her wherever I can get her.  She is sporting the black fuzzy cape and boots that she had on NWA Tuesday.  Holidead is good.  FOR THE BELT!  Though both of these gals weigh more than KC Navarro, I'm guessing, this is for the featherweight STRAP~!  Holidead looks good in this.  Taya utilizes power moves effectively and bumps BIG on the floor, taking an Angel's Wings on the floor by Holidead.  No way!  YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO WINS!  Awesome.   Not a five star classic, but still pretty cool.

• Like 1

And we start off with a fucking 3 way.  I would really dig any combination of Myron Reed, Kc Navarro and Arez in a singles match.  Instead we get this.  Dombrowski mentions that Shane Strickland was in to wrestle Myron Reed.  I would really like to see Strickland versus Arez in a battle of Strange Styles.  The actual dream 3 Way- Arez, Strickland and Trey Miguel!  This was annoying because since it was a collection of spots, Arez didn't get a chance to work his style.  Los Maximos!  I haven't seen them wrestle in prolly 15 years.  They never tell us who they are wrestling. Hey!  A Spanish Fly, the original!  Ah, sweet memories.  Mads Kruger and Jacob Fatu wrestle AGAIN!  MLW isn't afraid to make like the WWE and drive a match up into the ground.  They will also make like ECW and have a crappy weapons match.  These two work pretty well together though so this is perfectly fine.  Mads Kruger is good for Fatu to land on.  They do some straight wrestling and this match picks up- as Jacob Fatu is really good at straight wrestling.  The toprope splash to Kruger who is laying on a stretcher while holding barbed wire is really spectacular because Fatu is a fat boy and you know that it sucked when he lands on you.  Fatu crushing Kruger with a Superfly Splash off the top of a ladder is totally fucking gnarley.  Yeah, Fatu is great crushing Kruger and it makes this match really fun.  CRUSHED!  

• Like 2

Sucks the table accidentally broke. Have a feeling that ladder splash was supposed to be through it for the finish.

Post-match was 1966-Batman campy. I laughed at the BIOCHEMICAL DEMISE OF MADS KRUGGER~!

• Like 1

Just now, Peck said:

Sucks the table accidentally broke. Have a feeling that ladder splash was supposed to be through it for the finish.

It looked nastier though since Fatu hits him flat and there is no give like when you go through a table.

• Like 1

Just now, DEAN said:

It looked nastier though since Fatu hits him flat and there is no give like when you go through a table.

Yeah, for sure. Looked like he legit hurt his left shoulder on the landing. 

Not sure what you do next with Krugger unless that was his write-off out of the promotion.

• Like 1

Jacob Fatu has put Lance Anoa'i & Juicy Finau together as a tag-team and is calling them.... The Samoan SWAT Team..

They have big shoes to fill... or not since Samu and Fatu did not wear boots..  Anyway, I have not been terribly impressed with Juicy Finau but Lance Anoa'i is fucking metal, so I remain cautiously optimistic that they will be a decent team so long as Lance does 99.99% of the work and Juicy just plays the role of hot tag.

They're in the main event tonight so MLW is must watch this week.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

It's Thursday!  It's TOO MUCH WRESTLING DAY!  YAAAAY!  Next week!  The Samoan Swat Team crushes some of Cesar's underlings!  If one of Los Aztecas is El Hijo de Lee Scott, this will be truly special.  Oh man,  Juicy Finua and SST Lance are in an impromptu tag match with two of Los Aztecas.  Lance has gained his manly island weight since last I saw him.  He does a fucking BEAUTIFUL Superfly Splash!  Postmatch, NZO attacks Jacob Fatu who was color commentating!  That will be an odd assbeating.  Hey!  It's Killer Kross!  Hey!  Richard Holliday is going psycho!  Godspeed, most marketable.  MLW goes completely 2003 AAA by having man/woman/mini mixed tag match.  It's Lince Dorado!  He is tagging with Taya Valkyrie and the most over wrestler in MLW. Microman!  They take on Strange Sangre- Holidead,  Mini Abismo Negro and the amazing Arez.  Taya is absolutely everywhere these days- MLW, IMPACT!, NWA, and Women's Wrestling Army.  Oh, and she's the Reina de Reina of AAA.  She is the female Speedball Mike Bailey- bookings-wise.  Microman is tiny but he will take a beating.  I love that Arez and Abismo wrestle Microman like Yoshihiko, but Microman is a living person and not a blowup doll.  Taya tags in, Microman runs around the ring and goes underneath the ring and they pull him out BUT THEY PULL OUT THE BLUE MEANIE!  This a very goofy match.  Taya and Holidead battle it out on the floor.  Microman does a very intricate roll up and GETS THE PIN!  Postmatch, Strange Sangre with Gangrel attack Microman and SANDMAN MAKES THE SAVE!  Well, he kinda takes a while to get to the ring.  Eventually, he makes it to the ring and he and Microman make with the Kendoi sticks!  They drink beer together.  That was fun.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was one WAR-level main event. Hak looks ooooold now. I didn't see the bottle attack at first so I looked up from the computer and it appeared to be NZO humping Fatu. BTW, happy smiley Fatu is very strange to see. 

I dig face Jacob Fatu.  I like his range.  He can be an incomprehensible destroyer wrestling machine or he can your sleazy cousin who is fun to hang out with.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh, forgot to mention this, for those who want to know: MLW is apparently putting on Ric Flair's Last Match. David Crockett says so! 

Have they actually found somebody for Flair to wrestle?

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

There was that clip of him training with Jay Lethal so it could very well be him. I'd think it would be someone older but there arent many left at his age domestically. We can only dream of a Fujiwara or Blue Panther match...

I seen a clip from Flairs Podcast with Conrad where he mentioned Lethal was upset with Ric because he isn't booked to be his opponent. Ric claims his opponent isn't his choice and they aren't on good terms because of it. 

I thought that match with Lethal on that PPV TNA was really good and those sparing clips recently was really good to watch, so I can see why Lethal would be disappointed at Flair. For a modern wrestler Lethal would be the best fit but if you want to go with an older Era Legend there are probably alot of other names that would make sense especially if they have a history with him in the JCP region area

It's the NZO versus Jacob Fatu feud!  I think the Samoan SWAT Team fiddled with NZO's truck and caused him to bust Fatu open with a bottle!  NZO is ON THE STICK~!  I don;t pay much attention and await Jacob Fatu to beat the life out of him.  En lieu, we get Lince Dorado versus NZO.  Man, I have typed "NZO" waaaaay too many times this week.  This match is good.  Lince takes it to the mat and NZO doesn't actually suck or anything.  NZO does a cool move where he decapitates Lince by yanking him through the ropes.  That was cool.  Lince hits a nice Tope and hits a nice Flying Cross Body!  NZO throws him off the top to the floor and Lince has hurt the knee!  NZO throws him across the rail for a nine count.  This match is good.  Lince makes a comeback and NZO cuts him off with a DDT.  Lince hits a Triple moonsault!  And misses the third one!  NZO lowblows to victory!  That was waaaaay better than I thought it would be.  Taya Valkyrie!  She is like Chelsea Green in the NWA- so much bigger of a superstar than anybody else on the roster.  But here she is!  It's Alex Kane with the Open Weight STRAP~!  Who is the mystery opponent?  C'mon MLW!  Bring the "Well there you go" like you are known for!  I love MLW.  There is a lot of talking in this episode.  And it's........ Davey Richards!  Well.  There you go.  This should be good.  At least it wasn't Blue Meanie.  They do a basic Davey Richards match but with less ankle locks than usual.  So it's good.  Kane doesn't really take it to the mat so Richards kicks him a lot.  Kane goes on offense by KILLING Richards on the apron a couple of ways.  Kane starts mauling Richards and it's the best Kane has looked in a while.  Richards is wrestling for two when he makes him comeback!  He does a cool dragon screw through the ropes and misses a toprope double stomp and then procures a Indian Deathlock until Kane hits the ropes! 

Spoiler

I get a feeling.  That this.  Is going Broadway!  Kane hits a batch of GREAT suplexes and we have a couple of nearfalls.  Richards hits a Superplex and this is the best Kane match I've ever seen.  They start crushing each other with forearms!  AND WE GET THE FIRST ANKLE LOCK!  Richards hits a SWEET Brainbuster and goes into ANKLE LOCK NUMBER TWO!  And Kane tries to hit the ropes!  And IT HAS GONE BROADWAY!  That was good!

Postmatch, they beat on Edwards when he goes in for the Indie Hug!  THUS, Alex Kane rules.  Myron Reed saves Davey Richards!  OR DOES HE?  Reed wasn't ever actually face, I don't believe.  Either way, he is definitely a heel now.  That was a good episode with a lot of quality wrestling.

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Is there any difference between the beIn sports programming and the stuff they put on Youtube?

I don't think so.  

On 7/7/2022 at 9:40 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Is there any difference between the beIn sports programming and the stuff they put on Youtube?

Youtube might have a couple minutes extra sometimes. The stuff on TV has to fit in 1 hour.

Myron Reed has worked babyface in MLW.

Injustice worked as heels and feuded with the AAA technicos in MLW and that led to a match on the May 2 episode where Injustice challenged Los Jinetes del Aire (El Hijo del Vikingo, Myzteziz Jr. and Octagon Jr.) for the AAA World Trios Championship. 

For some wacky and unexplained reason, CONTRA jumped Injustice post-match and that led to a brief feud and a face turn for Reed, Kotto Brazil, and Jordan Oliver.  During the face run, Reed and Oliver got a shot at Los Park's MLW World Tag-Team titles, but they lost.  

Then Jordan Oliver was released in October 2021 and Kotto Brazil also disappeared and Injustice disbanded. 

MLW likes traditional roles, so I am guessing that TJP vs. Reed for the Middleweight belt will not happen since both guys are working heel.  Most likely Reed will drop the belt to either Bandido, Aramis, or Tajiri at some point.  The MLW Middleweight belt really does need to ping pong between Aramis, Arez, Bandido, Reed, and TJP for like eight months.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2