DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 1:18 PM, ka-to said:

MLW "premium live events" will be on FITE+ streaming subscription service starting in July. I think the translation of that is MLW's TV show got cancelled.

This might actually get me to check out MLW for once.

• 1 month later...

How far back are they in when they are taping and what is now showing a FUSION?  I mean Taya is still defending the title in MLW and has been in AEW for about 4 months.  Is she one of the few people who can actually work multiple places with TV.  Although saying MLW has TV is debatable given how many people can see it.

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

How far back are they in when they are taping and what is now showing a FUSION?

Probably as far back as March since Jacob Fatu, not John Hennigan, is the current Openweight Champ and one of the sisters in the Sea Stars tag-team beat Taya for her belt.  Both of those title changes happened at War Chamber which was taped this past April.

Edited by J.T.

Looks like MLW is trying to get caught up.  The next few episodes of MLW on FITE will turn out to be Battle Riot chopped up into digestible bits that better reflect the current title picture.

MLW appears to be trying to get their shit together, or at least they're getting their women's division in order.  Delmi Exo vs. Ava Everett?  Yes, please.

Edited by J.T.

• 2 weeks later...

Very solid show.  Lince Dorado vs. AKIRA was pretty good and poor Billie Starkz jobbed out to Mandy Leon, the newest member of The Calling.  Second Gear Crew vs. New SST was as good of a garbage match as you will get these days.

Edited by J.T.

Not sure if this should be spoilered or not.   In the heavyweight championship fight between Alex Kane and Hammerstone

Spoiler

We have a new champion as Kane chokes him out cleanly.   But I guess the bigger news is that we found out who the benefactor is to the Bomaye Fight Club.  It is DON KING 

It is wrong that I thought he was dead 😬

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was a great swerve.  It was interesting to see nearly every MLW title change hands at Never Say Never.  Hopefully wXw will make some sort of decision about the Women's Championship aka is Delmi Exo their title holder or is the belt being phased out in some sort of unification thing?

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Goddamn KUSHIDA is slumming it nowadays. I'm shocked he hasn't gone straight to AEW.

I think he is contracted to NJPW technically thought he mainly stays in Impact from what I have seen. He did face Darby in a tv title match that was pretty good. Not sure why AEW didn't use him more beyond that.

I don't know if anything show how MLW is turning into almost a GCW indie with a TV show then Jimmy Lloyd debuting.  Not that this is a problem.  They aren't going to big enough to even sniff the #3 promotion.  So get as much talent as possible and use them until they become good enough to move on.   Eventually wrestlers like Tankman and B3CCA are going to move up to the big time.

• 3 weeks later...