DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

20 hours ago, zev said:

If it doesn't talk like KITT, go all Maximum Overdrive and run over some walkers, and then dream of electric sheep, I'm going to have to pass on that one.

Nah.  It'll just be a hour long shot of a bike in the woods.  Once in a wile a walker or a squirrel will happen by, but that's about it.

Chris Hardwick will gush over it.

• Like 1

Does the squirrel get chased by a talking dog like the one from the movie UP?

Does the bike have flashbacks so we get cameos from long dead characters?

Will either the squirrel or bike be the special guest star on Talking Dead? You offer people a photo op with both for 20 bucks, proceeds go to the Red Cross, you could raise a few grand from the studio audience.

• Like 1

The bike will fall over and get its tire caught in some weeds while it slowly inches away from a zombie until the squirrel stabs the zombie in the head from off-screen seconds before it bites the bike.

This sequence will be broken up by two commercial breaks to heighten the tension.

• Like 2

If they can provide Glenn's popped eyeball and a tiger in this season, I think they can show the squirrel getting that kill on screen.

Now, will the squirrel then help Maggie kill Negan in Season 8? I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan already said he makes it through season 7.

• Like 1

Anyone see that last episode?

Anyone besides me think they could've cut out 20 minutes of scenery chewing and added 30 seconds of a bike riding assassin squirrel to make a better episode?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zev said:

Anyone see that last episode?

Anyone besides me think they could've cut out 20 minutes of scenery chewing and added 30 seconds of a bike riding assassin squirrel to make a better episode?

You could say that about a majority of the series.

This last episode was pretty eventful by the standards of this season so far. But you could still edit all seven down to make like 2 episodes without losing any narrative sense.

In the comics, in the scene where Fat Jim or whatever his name is brings Lucille to Negan, he asks, "did you eat her pussy like a lady?"  Not "did you pet her pussy" or whatever bowdlerized shit they came up with.

American TV: where you can show two people's heads graphically bludgeoned down to Hamburger Helper, but you can't say "eat pussy."

As much as I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, he's just a bad choice for Negan IMO.  I didn't think it was possible to overdo it when portraying a character that's already over the top, but I was wrong.  His delivery is stilted and weird and his "lean back lean forward while I talk" thing is annoying.  Also, as mentioned here already, he's really skinny.  Negan is supposed to be imposing.  He couldn't have bulked up a bit for the role?  That leather jacket looks like it's falling off him.    

• Like 1

See the other thing that bugs me about this show is, I live in small town in England. Most of the people I meet sound local, but every day I also meet people from other parts of the country, or from Scotland or Wales, or France or Spain or Mexico or India or China.

When has the Walking Dead ever featured a character who wasn't American? I know they're careful with their racial casting, to make sure nobody mistakes the Zombie apocalypse for an Aryan utopia, but how often in America do you go a full day without encountering someone who speaks English as a second language? The cast is very international, so why can't the characters be?

• Like 1

Well Glenn was Asian!  No, I get your point.  In their defense, the show started in rural Georgia so I can see the lack of diversity making sense there.  But now they're in Northern Virginia and I don't see a single Asian or Indian and the only Latino actually came from Texas.  WTF.

This has been a really weak road leading up to (presumably) All-Out War. I'm just not buying it. Which is a shame, because I really want to love what they're doing, and I think JDM is a perfect Negan (besides the weight issue). Oh well. I'll still watch, because what else am I doing on a Sunday night?

Having Negan kill the rubbish Alexandrians almost turned him babyface. And he somehow looks sleazier without the moustache.

I liked the closing montage of people nodding. I bet loads of people have added to that on youtube. 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:25 PM, driver said:

JDM reminds me of a thinned-out bearded Brad Garrett.

Watched last night's episode with a friend who hadn't been following the show since right around when the Governor lost an eye. Somewhere amidst all the "who's that" and "where is that person at" I was asked, "So Everybody Loves Raymond guy is the psycho of this season?"

• Like 1

Yeah, what happened with the Wolves? If they were close enough to repeatedly threaten Alexandria, how did they never meet the Saviours? Wouldn't it have made more sense for the Alexandrians to... y'know, if someone's running a protection racket on you, you can ask them to protect you, right? Sending the Saviours to take out the Wolves would be a smart move in storyline too (considering they're getting ready to go to war against the Saviours, makes sense to send them into a massive battle first, yeah?).

• 1 month later...